Texas Fishing Forum

Conroe in early February

Posted By: Nitro2021

Conroe in early February - 12/11/22 03:46 AM

How does Conroe fish in early February? Daughter has a college softball tournament in Houston and I am debating on dragging the boat with me. I’ve never seen or been on the lake so it will be a lot of learning involved. Thanks
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Conroe in early February - 12/11/22 09:07 AM

Get a little warming trend & it can be great. February through May is probably my favorite time to on the water.

I went to college for like 30 minutes in Tish!

Welcome to the forum

Re: Conroe in early February - 12/11/22 01:40 PM

Thanks for the info! Greatly appreciate it. Hopefully everything works out to drag the boat and have time around games to try a new lake.
Posted By: bell0347

Re: Conroe in early February - 12/11/22 11:19 PM

For me at least, it really starts turning on about the last week of February and really kicks in gear the first warming trend in March. But, like the previous poster said, on a nice warm day you may do really well. Good thing if you decide to try it is you will be out there prior to the BBT this year when the lake gets whipped to a froth and every fish out there sees or gets a hook.
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Conroe in early February - 12/12/22 02:31 AM

Conroe can be tough. At least you probably won't have to deal with wakeboats swamping you out that time of year
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Conroe in early February - 12/12/22 12:19 PM

Shallow. Less than 6ft. Spawn starts up north. Pre-spawn South.
Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: Conroe in early February - 12/12/22 06:26 PM

I lost what was possibly the biggest bass I’ve ever hooked in February on Conroe in a creek (NE part of the lake) on a zellmander years ago-Had to be pushing 12+ lbs. only bite I had that day.

Re: Conroe in early February - 12/13/22 09:35 AM

Thanks for the help! I guess I will keep an eye on the weather and see if it allows me to pull it off that weekend. Last year interstate was iced up when we made the drive. Thanks again for the opinions and thoughts.
Posted By: GeoFisher

Re: Conroe in early February - 12/14/22 07:12 PM

In my experience over the last 10 years, late Jan and early Feb can be really tough on Conroe, especially if the water is hovering around that 50 degree mark. That being said, it can literally change in a flash with a warm sunny day. Catch it on a warming trend and it can be lights out. Catch it stagnant or cooling down, good luck gettin a bite.
Posted By: kirbydog

Re: Conroe in early February - 12/14/22 08:48 PM

Lived on Conroe for 2 years-late Feb thru mid March was always that great time to be on the lake for me.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum