Texas Fishing Forum

Rite Hite or Not

Posted By: flashman252

Rite Hite or Not - 12/08/22 05:49 PM

Been fishing for a little over a year with FFS and our lakes are pretty much always windy or there is lots of boat traffic. Although I have got pretty good with the TM and scanning and knowing where the target is once I find where I need to cast to, sometimes its nice to watch fish reaction to baits and lures and find a pattern quicker. Not always easy to do in the wind or when those wake boat waves start pushing the bass boat all over the place. Who is using one of these systems? Worth it? Is another foot pedal up front cumbersome and a lot to deal with or do you get used to it pretty quick? Thinking I may want to try one out. What you all think?
Posted By: Javelin

Re: Rite Hite or Not - 12/08/22 06:10 PM

I want one as well, but would like to know is the rite height the best option
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Rite Hite or Not - 12/08/22 06:52 PM

When I’m crappie fishing I like the ducer on a pole, Bass fishing I like it on the TM.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Rite Hite or Not - 12/08/22 07:14 PM

There's a few video / how to online that you can make your own without spending a fortune. If you're not wanting a motorized setup and don't mind using a hand type control give them a look.

Click me...I'm so much fun
Posted By: KnotTexan

Re: Rite Hite or Not - 12/08/22 08:33 PM

I have the DD26 livefoot and really like it. Don’t know about the other brands.

Re: Rite Hite or Not - 12/08/22 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by KnotTexan

I have seen the DD26 and I like it as well, not sure I like the price lol. The rite hite is quite a bit cheaper. Do you think the brace is worth having? I see you don't have one mounted on your set up, I think I would add a brace to whichever set up I go with.

Re: Rite Hite or Not - 12/08/22 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by flashman252

I have seen the DD26 and I like it as well, not sure I like the price lol. The rite hite is quite a bit cheaper. Do you think the brace is worth having? I see you don't have one mounted on your set up, I think I would add a brace to whichever set up I go with.

I built my own out of aluminum. You can see it laying on the deck at the start of the video.
Posted By: Slicefixer

Re: Rite Hite or Not - 12/08/22 08:55 PM

100% 👍 Bought mine used from a guy for $450......he was switching to an Ultrex. I actually run an Ultrex and it was a 10 minute modification to make it work.

Re: Rite Hite or Not - 12/08/22 08:57 PM

I built my own out of aluminum. You can see it laying on the deck at the start of the video.

So its strictly for tow then? No worries while you are out on the water. Guess that makes sense. Probably would just get one that stayed on permanently.

Re: Rite Hite or Not - 12/08/22 09:53 PM

So its strictly for tow then? No worries while you are out on the water. Guess that makes sense. Probably would just get one that stayed on permanently.

Yes, I use it when pulling the boat to the lake and moving long distances on the water (if it’s rough).
Posted By: DaveS

Re: Rite Hite or Not - 12/08/22 11:46 PM

I have a Turret. Works well. Not particularly durable. If you fish around stumps or sticks, you may not be happy with it. I fish shallow about 4 weeks out of the year, so hasn't been too much of problem. I really like being able to spot lock and focus on the FFS, if crappie fishing on specific cover or bass fishing on structure. Have become pretty adept at running the trolling motor with the left foot and turret with the right when power fishing for bass.

Re: Rite Hite or Not - 12/09/22 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by DaveS
I have a Turret. Works well. Not particularly durable. If you fish around stumps or sticks, you may not be happy with it. I fish shallow about 4 weeks out of the year, so hasn't been too much of problem. I really like being able to spot lock and focus on the FFS, if crappie fishing on specific cover or bass fishing on structure. Have become pretty adept at running the trolling motor with the left foot and turret with the right when power fishing for bass.

So is this a concern with the rite hite? The durability? Is that why it is less expensive than all the others? I definitely fish shallow and deep. Fish a lot of rock walls and big bluffs, but then push out to ledge fish a ton and submerged brush piles. We dont necessarily have stumps but lots and lots of boulders. Definitely bump the trolling motor a few times a season on a big rock.
Posted By: Walls

Re: Rite Hite or Not - 12/09/22 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by DaveS

So is this a concern with the rite hite? The durability? Is that why it is less expensive than all the others? I definitely fish shallow and deep. Fish a lot of rock walls and big bluffs, but then push out to ledge fish a ton and submerged brush piles. We dont necessarily have stumps but lots and lots of boulders. Definitely bump the trolling motor a few times a season on a big rock.

Turret sits higher in the water column than the TM head.
Posted By: Les Ems

Re: Rite Hite or Not - 12/11/22 12:14 PM

I too am looking for a hand controlled mount for my livescope. Want to mount it separate from the trolling motor. My concerns is when it is not being used that it is not in the way on the front deck.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum