Texas Fishing Forum

NPFL new changes 100,000

Posted By: Fishing on a string

NPFL new changes 100,000 - 12/07/22 09:13 PM

https://thenationalprofessionalfish...eague-announces-changes-for-2023-season/

The NPFL is upping their game, they just announced the entry fees are 5200.00 payout is to top 40 paid to 7000.00
With 100,000 for first every event. Then championship 100,000.00 to the winner. This league is doing big things.
Posted By: BrockstaRama

Re: NPFL new changes 100,000 - 12/07/22 11:17 PM

Wish they had opens
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: NPFL new changes 100,000 - 12/08/22 12:06 AM

Never heard of them.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: NPFL new changes 100,000 - 12/08/22 01:32 AM

Impressive, tin foil hat me wonders if their not some shadow corporation of BASS to help kill off MLF.
Posted By: Fishing on a string

Re: NPFL new changes 100,000 - 12/08/22 03:45 AM

I can promise they have no affiliation with either tour. They are a veteran own organization and took the chance to give those anglers who have regular jobs a chance to compete for real money and be show cased on live at every event. People should be paying attention because there’s more in store in the future.
Posted By: Neal G

Re: NPFL new changes 100,000 - 12/08/22 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Fishing on a string
I can promise they have no affiliation with either tour. They are a veteran own organization and took the chance to give those anglers who have regular jobs a chance to compete for real money and be show cased on live at every event. People should be paying attention because there’s more in store in the future.

Guys with "regular" jobs paying $5200 per tournament entry fee roflmao
More like "regular" (average) tournament anglers with great jobs with lots of time off
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: NPFL new changes 100,000 - 12/08/22 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Neal G

More like "regular" (average) tournament anglers with great jobs with lots of time off

I could be wrong here, but I think they're kind of targeting current pros of other trails and I would guess they might gain some traction.
Posted By: fishnfireman

Re: NPFL new changes 100,000 - 12/08/22 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Fishinfellow

I could be wrong here, but I think they're kind of targeting current pros of other trails and I would guess they might gain some traction.

That would be my thought..
Take much more money than my friends with "regular jobs" to run that tour. They are starting at Amistad and running all the way across the US.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: NPFL new changes 100,000 - 12/08/22 12:57 PM

😂😂😂😂
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: NPFL new changes 100,000 - 12/08/22 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by fishnfireman
[quote=Fishinfellow].
Take much more money than my friends with "regular jobs" to run that tour. They are starting at Amistad and running all the way across the US.

Amistad? I definitely have to watch that one! Ray could fish that single tournament, pay for all the tournaments and still come out with some money.

Re: NPFL new changes 100,000 - 12/08/22 03:04 PM

Mark Perry, make the same comment here, that you did on BBC. Let Ol’ Beartrap think about how great the BPT is. roflmao
Posted By: Team Lund

Re: NPFL new changes 100,000 - 12/08/22 03:17 PM

Exactly!
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: NPFL new changes 100,000 - 12/08/22 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by fishnfireman

That would be my thought..

Lots of the guys fishing the NPFL are middle aged business owners that have developed their business to a point that they don't have to be there every single day. My hat is off to them. I have great respect for taking that route instead of going into untold amounts of debt to "Chase the Dream", like many of these younger guys are doing now.
Posted By: blazeplatt

Re: NPFL new changes 100,000 - 12/10/22 12:04 AM

If they were targeting pros from other trails they would have at least attempted to make this announcement before the opens deadline.
Posted By: Hulapoppin

Re: NPFL new changes 100,000 - 12/10/22 01:51 AM

Evidently my job is not what you call “regular”, I’m able to fish the Big Bass Splash once a year and try to get lucky.
Posted By: buda13

Re: NPFL new changes 100,000 - 12/10/22 01:05 PM

Oh boy… more tournament trails. All the ones out there right now are drawing so well that there needs to be more noidea
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: NPFL new changes 100,000 - 12/10/22 03:05 PM

@ $5200 a tournament X 6 tournaments comes to $31,200 for the 2023 season; plus expenses for circuit most people haven't heard of, supposed to be geared to the working man? Geess loco
Posted By: mudd

Re: NPFL new changes 100,000 - 12/10/22 06:09 PM

In other exciting news. Rumor is someone was banned from the tour last night

Re: NPFL new changes 100,000 - 12/10/22 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by mudd

Was this someone, known or a nobody? Has this individual now moved onto BASS…
Posted By: Brent S

Re: NPFL new changes 100,000 - 12/10/22 06:34 PM

Where you see this? Who?
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: NPFL new changes 100,000 - 12/10/22 06:34 PM

Anywhere on the interwebs we can read about this rumor or is it just hearsay?
Posted By: mudd

Re: NPFL new changes 100,000 - 12/11/22 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Monty Wright

It’s a fact. It was a video posted on NPFL last night in the anglers section about what happen to cause it.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: NPFL new changes 100,000 - 12/12/22 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Monty Wright

It’s a fact. It was a video posted on NPFL last night in the anglers section about what happen to cause it.

Don't see it, post a name or a link to the story.
Posted By: manhunter

Re: NPFL new changes 100,000 - 12/12/22 03:04 AM

The NPFL is a lot like the old FLW before corporate types moved in and made it only about marketing and money. If any of you listen to BTL and Luke Duncan, you'd know that this bunch is a grass roots outfit that's about the anglers and the sport. They KNOW where to dip their toes, and it's not in the BASS or MLF ponds.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum