Texas Fishing Forum

Graph storage

Posted By: Rutster

Graph storage - 11/30/22 04:15 PM

How many of you take your graphs completely off your boat after every trip? I only have a nice awning to store my boat. Its covered on 3 sides. I know i probably should remove them but I find myself getting lazy after fishing all day and have been leaving them connected on boat.
Posted By: Mo

Re: Graph storage - 11/30/22 04:21 PM

Keep doing that , eventually someone will remove them for you. smile

I always remove mine, but my boat is in a lift on the water.

Your mileage may vary

MO
Posted By: TopwaterTom

Re: Graph storage - 11/30/22 10:47 PM

I take mine off and on every time. I do not even travel down the road with them on the boat. I bought a plastic Plano ammo storage box from BPS, put some foam in it and store them in there when not on the boat.
I find it to be cheap and easy protection.
Posted By: 23Harrison

Re: Graph storage - 12/01/22 02:33 AM

I take mine out every time and put them in a padded dry box that I cut out. Trying to keep them lasting as long as possible. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Top Waters

Re: Graph storage - 12/01/22 05:14 AM

I use a soft tactical rifle case. My 3 - 12" Carbons fit in there end to end exactly.
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Graph storage - 12/01/22 01:23 PM

I take mine off every time and keep them in the garage. Used to have a dash mount unit that I would leave on but the bow units and main console unit come off the boat while its stored.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Graph storage - 12/01/22 01:48 PM

Mine stay on the boat. I have never had any issues but if I do, that is why I pay for insurance
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Graph storage - 12/01/22 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Bobby Milam
Mine stay on the boat. I have never had any issues but if I do, that is why I pay for insurance

Exactly what I do too. It’s too much work and it’s hard on the cables.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Graph storage - 12/01/22 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by Bobby Milam

Exactly what I do too. It’s too much work and it’s hard on the cables.

this,..plus Im in a storage building locked up and gated.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Graph storage - 12/01/22 02:23 PM

Mine stay on year around as I keep the boat in my shop, if it's a real long trip like to Mexico then I will remove them.
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Graph storage - 12/01/22 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Fishinfellow
I take mine off every time and keep them in the garage. Used to have a dash mount unit that I would leave on but the bow units and main console unit come off the boat while its stored.
Posted By: Dogfish_Jones

Re: Graph storage - 12/01/22 04:29 PM

I have 5 on my boat and I have never taken mine off except at a motel that seems a little shady.. All mine have two lock rings on them…I know they still can break them off, but as someone noted above, that’s why I have insurance.
I do run mine with the rubber covers when towing them and in the garage. Plus I keep a good quality cover on my boat too.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Graph storage - 12/01/22 05:42 PM

Put Dura locks on them and good screen covers.
Posted By: Champion1

Re: Graph storage - 12/01/22 05:57 PM

I take em off just so their not bouncing around in the boat for hours at a time, but I have Garmin that have the quick release deal which is awesome!
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Graph storage - 12/01/22 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Champion1
I take em off just so their not bouncing around in the boat for hours at a time, but I have Garmin that have the quick release deal which is awesome!

The quick release cradle was one of the reasons I went with the Echomap series graphs and after just a few months I had a pin bend and break on me. Luckily Garmin replaced my unit at no cost but needless to say I remove the whole gimbal mount and unhook the cables every time now....lol
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum