Texas Fishing Forum

Mudhole Rod Buiders

Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Mudhole Rod Buiders - 11/26/22 02:29 AM

Any of you do this? I'm thinking about ordering the stuff to start doing this for Christmas. Just wondered what you're experience has been.
Posted By: Mark Wendler

Re: Mudhole Rod Buiders - 11/26/22 03:16 AM

Yep! Been doing it for years. In fact, only have 2 rods in my arsenal that I didn't build myself. Mudhole has always been my main source. Never had any issues with their service or their products.

Re: Mudhole Rod Buiders - 11/26/22 03:57 AM

thumb
Posted By: Big Swimbait

Re: Mudhole Rod Buiders - 11/26/22 04:02 AM

Go for it! Great company to do business with! Like a lot of other companies, they are at the mercy of supply chain issues but their communication is great.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Mudhole Rod Buiders - 11/26/22 01:02 PM

bought lure building stuff from them, good company.

Re: Mudhole Rod Buiders - 11/26/22 04:56 PM

I've owned one custom built rod and used it for about 10 years until it broke. It was probably the best rod I even owned. It was a worm rod but also worked real well throwing larger spinnerbaits. I'd probably still have it; got it in the late 70's, but my big clumsy feet cost me that one.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Mudhole Rod Buiders - 11/26/22 09:36 PM

Tourny partners builds rods. After roughly 100 rods on probably 10 different blanks we have settled on point blank for all bottom contact baits and rod geeks for everything else. Mudhole makes a really good product. If you have never dove off the rod building cliff before then I would 100% go mud hole as you can get everything including support from them. We have never broke one of their blanks thats for sure.
Posted By: Collindave

Re: Mudhole Rod Buiders - 11/26/22 10:08 PM

ive built 3 and am planning on another. Mudhole has every how-to video and all the info you will ever need. their customer support can help you with compliance and compatibility questions. seems daunting at first, but a few builds in things make way more sense.

anyone here have a tool or a solution for lining up rod guides? that's the most time consuming process, at least for me
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Mudhole Rod Buiders - 11/27/22 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Collindave
ive built 3 and am planning on another. Mudhole has every how-to video and all the info you will ever need. their customer support can help you with compliance and compatibility questions. seems daunting at first, but a few builds in things make way more sense.

anyone here have a tool or a solution for lining up rod guides? that's the most time consuming process, at least for me

Laser or chalk line?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum