Texas Fishing Forum

Faded Ranger Plastic Panel

Posted By: Loomis ex

Faded Ranger Plastic Panel - 11/26/22 12:50 AM

I have a side panel that is faded on my 2013 Ranger. Any suggestions on how to restore it? I heard somewhere that heat can help?!
Thanks in advance. [Linked Image]
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Faded Ranger Plastic Panel - 11/26/22 01:18 AM

buy you a can of superior products tire dressing "Cover All" its really good on any kind of black plastic, tires, or molding. That's a hint from Steez McQueen, it's good stuff.
Posted By: GODSDOZER

Re: Faded Ranger Plastic Panel - 11/26/22 01:42 AM

https://www.amazon.com/CERAKOTE-Ceramic-Trim-Coat-Kit/dp/B07SHJVK4G
Posted By: Loomis ex

Re: Faded Ranger Plastic Panel - 11/26/22 04:29 PM

Thanks!
Posted By: Grasshopperglock

Re: Faded Ranger Plastic Panel - 11/26/22 04:56 PM

The fire method is running a propane torch over the plastic. The flame never touches the plastic. It's only the heat.

Practice doing it on something else. Sun faded plastic mail box. Lawn chair. Any similar plastic as that panel. It does indeed work. The faded plastic will go shiny.

The last time I did it. I used it my mailbox and a plant pot. Plus a lawn chair. The smaller the object, the better a propane torch will work. Big objects need a bigger torch. Like what you'd use to light a BBQ pit fire.

Again, practice on something else until you get a feel for it. And if you try it. That panel will need to be removed for the best results.

Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Faded Ranger Plastic Panel - 11/26/22 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Grasshopperglock
The fire method is running a propane torch over the plastic. The flame never touches the plastic. It's only the heat.

Practice doing it on something else. Sun faded plastic mail box. Lawn chair. Any similar plastic as that panel. It does indeed work. The faded plastic will go shiny.

The last time I did it. I used it my mailbox and a plant pot. Plus a lawn chair. The smaller the object, the better a propane torch will work. Big objects need a bigger torch. Like what you'd use to light a BBQ pit fire.

Again, practice on something else until you get a feel for it. And if you try it. That panel will need to be removed for the best results.

This!!! Works wonders on patio furniture stuff as well
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Faded Ranger Plastic Panel - 11/28/22 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by Grasshopperglock

eeks I would try 303 spray first, its done wonders for me on rejuvenating old plastic.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Faded Ranger Plastic Panel - 11/28/22 03:13 AM

This stuff is legit. Bought some for my rub rail. Looked so good I did all the plastic panels as well.
Posted By: JBranham

Re: Faded Ranger Plastic Panel - 11/30/22 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by David Welcher
buy you a can of superior products tire dressing "Cover All" its really good on any kind of black plastic, tires, or molding. That's a hint from Steez McQueen, it's good stuff.

Thanks for this recommendation! Picked up a can a applied today and wow! No to see how long it lasts before I need to reapply.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum