Texas Fishing Forum

GoPro and Mount

Posted By: cajuncountryman

GoPro and Mount - 11/23/22 02:26 PM

Suggestion/Recommendation for an on-board camera(GoPro style) & how to mount on your boat to file while you are fishing or running. Just considering & could use suggestions. Thanks.
Posted By: blackNblue_NTX

Re: GoPro and Mount - 11/23/22 03:22 PM

yolotek.com
Posted By: HookaToad

Re: GoPro and Mount - 11/23/22 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by blackNblue_NTX
yolotek.com

This
Posted By: goodman_fishing

Re: GoPro and Mount - 11/24/22 11:16 AM

While a lot of stuff is on sale right now, consider grabbing the upgraded microphone components. It makes a huge difference in audio quality on these, especially with all of the wind we get here.

Posted By: Jonah's View

Re: GoPro and Mount - 11/24/22 01:15 PM

I just did this myself... it was pricy ! but I am real pleased with the results... I don't need to buy anything else for this.

I bought;
GoPro 9 Black camera
GoPro PolarPro Shutter Collection - different tint lenses for bright sun days - yet to play with them.
GoPro USB Pass-Through Door
USB A to USB C Cable - 10 foot long - off Amazon
Yolotec base model "The Boom" , goes into the seat post - I wrap a layer of black electrical tape around the pin and it fits snug so not going anywhere.
1 SanDisk 256 GB mini
2Pack Windslayer Cover for Gopro Hero - off Amazon

so far I have mostly used it positioned in the back deck seat hole - naturally facing forward LOL, the 10 foot extension cord passes threw the door hole on the camera, is zip tied to the Boom then goes across the floor to the consol where I have a USB port - Bass Cat Cougar - so it has unlimited power, no need to mess with buying extra batteries ! this view forward gets awesome boat running video, and the built in microphone with the wind muff captures the engine sound perfectly and also when I talk to myself while fishing...LOL... I fish alone mostly and was surprised how much talking to myself I do LOL... i've only used it a couple of times so I'm still working out everything, but the one position video I have shot really covers everything I want to capture... I also bought a mount for the handle bars of my Harley and have taken some ride video, that is real cool too...

To wrap it all up, I would do it again, I just wish I would have done it earlier... I hope this helps thumb

Re: GoPro and Mount - 11/25/22 03:42 PM

Thanks to all for the suggestions- gives me a great place to start. Appreciate it.................

Re: GoPro and Mount - 11/25/22 03:44 PM

Thanks much Jonah's view.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum