Texas Fishing Forum

Livescope questions

Posted By: blackNblue_NTX

Livescope questions - 11/14/22 04:13 PM

What depth do you find yourself using livescope the most and what range and distance from the boat is most optimal? I find myself constantly adjusting settings to get my image correct and it can still be difficult getting a read on my bait and fish that are more than 50' away from the boat. WIth as much adjusting as I am doing it seems like the image turns to [censored] at any distance greater than 50'. I know crappie guys are vertical jigging and clarity is definitely better within that 50' range but I dont understand how people are snipers at greater distances.
Posted By: prosise

Re: Livescope questions - 11/14/22 10:12 PM

I leave my depth on auto, gain 62%, and if I'm hunting it's 80-100. But if I am trying to snipe a brush pile I pull it in to 50-60. Biggest help for me was putting the transducer on a separate pole. Using the pole ducer, but used a homemade pole for a while. I think the color helps me in the daytime (emerald), and (crawfish or red) at night. Water clarity is the key at long distances. I like to spot lock and work humps/brush/ledges so being able to look 360 degrees is a real good tool for me. But in the 15ft and less depths it really goes south at a distance. In deep water it's easy.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Livescope questions - 11/14/22 10:36 PM

I do not turn mine on because it's not fair to those without it
Posted By: RPD

Re: Livescope questions - 11/14/22 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas J

lol
Posted By: HARD WORKN HAROLD

Re: Livescope questions - 11/14/22 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by RPD

lol

roflmao
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Livescope questions - 11/15/22 04:01 AM

Hell I forget to turn mine on at all......mostly because I am old or I saw something shiny and got my attention.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Livescope questions - 11/16/22 12:27 AM

100’ if I am in open water if I am shallower around cover 60-80’. 70-75% sensitivity on my HDS12
Posted By: goodman_fishing

Re: Livescope questions - 11/16/22 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by blackNblue_NTX
What depth do you find yourself using livescope the most and what range and distance from the boat is most optimal? I find myself constantly adjusting settings to get my image correct and it can still be difficult getting a read on my bait and fish that are more than 50' away from the boat. WIth as much adjusting as I am doing it seems like the image turns to [censored] at any distance greater than 50'. I know crappie guys are vertical jigging and clarity is definitely better within that 50' range but I dont understand how people are snipers at greater distances.

It takes quite a few hours under your belt to really get proficient with lining up your cast and seeing your bait. There's still some casts where I can't find my bait, the majority of the time I can see a 3.25 keitech about 60-70ft away.

Start with the factory settings and make one adjustment at a time. Fish for a little and see if it changed anything. If you change too many variables, you won't understand what setting is affecting what you see.

I run 100ft of range on my 93sv, I could run more if I had a better head unit. I -never- use auto-depth as it will constantly mess with your ability to apply a scale to what you see. If i'm in 10-15ft of water, i set my depth to 20-25ft.

Posted By: Pake South

Re: Livescope questions - 11/17/22 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by goodman_fishing
Originally Posted by blackNblue_NTX

It takes quite a few hours under your belt to really get proficient with lining up your cast and seeing your bait. There's still some casts where I can't find my bait, the majority of the time I can see a 3.25 keitech about 60-70ft away.

Start with the factory settings and make one adjustment at a time. Fish for a little and see if it changed anything. If you change too many variables, you won't understand what setting is affecting what you see.

I run 100ft of range on my 93sv, I could run more if I had a better head unit. I -never- use auto-depth as it will constantly mess with your ability to apply a scale to what you see. If i'm in 10-15ft of water, i set my depth to 20-25ft.

Totally agree with this. Especially not running auto on anything. If you keep all of your ranges set the same as much as possible you will get much better at gauging the size of the fish you’re throwing at.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum