Texas Fishing Forum

Minn Kota Discontinued Tallons

Posted By: backatit

Minn Kota Discontinued Tallons - 11/11/22 06:25 PM

Is it true that Minn Kota is going to or has discontinued production?
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Minn Kota Discontinued Tallons - 11/11/22 07:15 PM

I thought they had discontinued them early this year.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Minn Kota Discontinued Tallons - 11/11/22 07:40 PM

Wow, I thought they were so much better than a Power Pole.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Minn Kota Discontinued Tallons - 11/12/22 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by Happykamper
Wow, I thought they were so much better than a Power Pole.

You one of few. But they had their die-hard users
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Minn Kota Discontinued Tallons - 11/12/22 01:14 AM

They have a bundle with nut hugger shorts and white NB shoes
Posted By: Amistad Tackle

Re: Minn Kota Discontinued Tallons - 11/12/22 01:18 AM

I do not think they are discontinued. Still on the Minn Kota site in their 2022 shallow water anchor buying guide. https://www.minnkotamotors.com/learn/buying-guide/shallow-water-anchors
Posted By: SK1

Re: Minn Kota Discontinued Tallons - 11/12/22 01:36 AM

Everyone has their own personal preferences when it comes to shallow water anchoring systems, but clearly Powerpoles design was much better than the mk talons. To the point where the raptors are identical to PowerPoles design. That sums it up. Me personally I have had 10ft PowerPoles on on my boat since 2017 and have never had a single issue with them yet.(knock on wood). Although at this point I do need to replace some bushing that are showing some wear and tear.
My son has 12ft talons on his boat and compared to my pp blades, his talons are loud and slow but they will hold his boat in 12ft of water which definitely has it's advantages.
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Minn Kota Discontinued Tallons - 11/13/22 01:26 AM

They still offer Talons for sale on their website. I run 8 foot power pole blades and after I figured out how to make them work properly I really like them. the biggest issue I have is them getting stuck if deployed in deep silt; especially if it has clay mixed in with it.
Posted By: SK1

Re: Minn Kota Discontinued Tallons - 11/13/22 04:18 AM

When that happens just move the boat forward and backwards a little, either with the troll motor or your big motor, works everytime. Kinda like when you're pulling a fence post out of the ground
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum