Texas Fishing Forum

OH Ivey

Posted By: OKC Dave

OH Ivey - 11/10/22 02:34 PM

Has anyone fished Ivey Lately?
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: OH Ivey - 11/10/22 03:11 PM

It is tough. Water needs to cool off for the fish to start moving around. If you can find a few grouped up you can get right, but you can also fish all day and never run into one. It is fishing as bad as it has in awhile.
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: OH Ivey - 11/10/22 04:28 PM

Ivie
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: OH Ivey - 11/10/22 11:35 PM

When you see the Oklahoma tags headed that way then it’s time to go.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: OH Ivey - 11/10/22 11:41 PM

Should get hot again in about 5-6 week but I don't think its going to produce like last winter. Water level is down about 8' and its not as clear as it used to be.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: OH Ivey - 11/10/22 11:55 PM

water lower and 1000X the pressure in the past 20 months probably has made the fishing not what it was in the past few years. But they rented some rooms and sold a few snacks.
Posted By: Dognot

Re: OH Ivey - 11/11/22 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Douglas J
water lower and 1000X the pressure in the past 20 months probably has made the fishing not what it was in the past few years. But they rented some rooms and sold a few snacks.

Sold more than a few. I have been fishing that lake for 20 plus yrs, never seen 30 boats on the ramp in the middle of the week like I have seen the past few yrs.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: OH Ivey - 11/11/22 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by Dognot

Sold more than a few. I have been fishing that lake for 20 plus yrs, never seen 30 boats on the ramp in the middle of the week like I have seen the past few yrs.

I have a feeling that’s not just an Ivie thing, seems to be more common since Covid.

Edit: I mean on all lakes, not just Ivie.
Posted By: angleiron

Re: OH Ivey - 11/11/22 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

I have a feeling that’s not just an Ivie thing, seems to be more common since Covid.

More like social media. Thanks Facebook and TFF!
Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: OH Ivey - 11/11/22 07:49 AM

went a few weeks ago and it was horrible. water color wasn't that great also...talked to 4 other boats one day and 3 of them zeroed including a guide.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: OH Ivey - 11/11/22 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by angleiron

More like social media. Thanks Facebook and TFF!

roflmao
Posted By: OKC Dave

Re: OH Ivey - 11/11/22 05:50 PM

Guess Ill hold off going for a few weeks. Thanks everyone for the info..
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: OH Ivey - 11/11/22 08:17 PM

I usually do fairly well on Ivie.

My last 2 trips there I've fished 3 days and caught a total of 4 fish.

Biggest was a 2 lb smallmouth.

That being said we did have 1 or 2 club members each trip that caught some decent fish.

First trip I stayed the night but didn't even fish the Sunday. Ate a big breakfast and drove home.

Fishing hasn't been much better on any of the other lakes we have fished either.
Posted By: fishnfireman

Re: OH Ivey - 11/14/22 03:05 PM

Not so much on Amistad.
It's back to ------ May not see another boat during the week.
Fished this last week and only a handful of boats at Box on Tue thru Thursday
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: OH Ivey - 11/14/22 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by fishnfireman

Not so much on Amistad.
It's back to ------ May not see another boat during the week.
Fished this last week and only a handful of boats at Box on Tue thru Thursday

My bud fished the chamber of commerce thing Saturday, said it was pretty much dead. But it is hunting season, so some do that instead.
Posted By: fishnfireman

Re: OH Ivey - 11/14/22 04:03 PM

No doubt--you could hear rifle shots most every morning. Lots of Hunting rigs on the highway.
But as tough as Amistad is fishing it will be dead from now to March.
Hope the locals who depend on lake traffic can survive- Seems it gets tougher every year.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum