Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Hubbard Docks

Posted By: Bobby Gossett

Ray Hubbard Docks - 11/07/22 02:40 AM

Do any of you guys have any luck fishing docks at Ray Hubbard? I’ve been fishing rip rap mostly and do ok, just looking to try an learn different things.

Thanks
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Ray Hubbard Docks - 11/07/22 02:48 AM

Not a single bite from a dock for me.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Ray Hubbard Docks - 11/07/22 05:01 AM

there are like 7 I have caught good fish off of on Hubbard over the years.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Ray Hubbard Docks - 11/07/22 01:57 PM

docks were really good many years ago. not so much anymore. dropshotting the poles was money!
Posted By: rkd

Re: Ray Hubbard Docks - 11/07/22 02:11 PM

I'm new to fishing Hubbard and wondered the same thing.....learning the lake and want to expand beyond riprap just to keep it interesting. Have fished all the docks along the western shore between 66 and 35 and have had little to no success. There are a few on the main lake and a few in the small cuts and I can't figure them out. I've started to catch a few around the marinas so that's my next phase but I enjoy fishing docks and struggle on Hubbard.
Posted By: Slide_R

Re: Ray Hubbard Docks - 11/07/22 04:15 PM

Fishing docks is sort of an art. I fished as a co-angler for quite awhile and I have seen many people that fish docks. I know of two different anglers that routinely fish docks and do consistently well. They can put their baits in places under the docks that others cannot, they approach the docks differently and they have a unique skills at this game. Others I have fished with may think they are good at docks but they make critical mistakes that prevent them from having consistent success.
Docks are a well known bass holding structure. Some things may make one or a series of docks better than others, certain weather conditions or time of year may make docks better "that day". If you want to catch bass from docks you have to learn the when, what and where to make it happen at Hubbard or any other dock lake.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum