Texas Fishing Forum

Fish For A Cure 2022 results and pictures!

Posted By: SoCal Tom

Fish For A Cure 2022 results and pictures! - 11/07/22 01:07 AM

The Ray Hubbard Bass Club is association with the American Cancer Society held our seventh annual Fish For A Cure tournament last Sunday on Lake Ray Hubbard. It was a little chilly Sunday morning but otherwise God smiled down on us with incredible weather again this year. We had 82 boats come out and fish with us. Thank you all for an incredible turnout! Mother Hubbard was her usual self. Stingy to many. Very generous to quite a few as well. The last team weighed in at 3:59 and when the results were tallied, the team of Clint and Nolan Yeager were our winners with a sack that weighed 22.50 pounds, that included a 6.63 kicker. Big bass of the tournament was a 9.93 monster caught by Tim Havins and Josh Mulkey. Here are full results and lots of pictures.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

What fills a Tournament Organizer's heart with joy? Every parking space filled!

[Linked Image]

Larry Ladnier with Victory Fishing was our Tournament Director again this year. Larry generously donates his time and equipment for FFAC!

[Linked Image]

That includes the live release tank to let all those caught fish be released back in to Hubbard to be caught again

[Linked Image]

We could not do this without our generous sponsors. Both companies and individuals write checks to us that go to the American Cancer Society

[Linked Image]

It was busy at the ramp at Chandlers about 3:00

[Linked Image]

Larry had the tanks set up for the weigh in line to care for our finned friends

[Linked Image]

Teams trickled in early but after a while there was a good line to get the fish weighed

[Linked Image]

We had a great crowd watching weigh in, buying shirts, hats and tickets for the drawing

[Linked Image]

Lots of kids come out. Here's Bobby Silger with the first fish he ever caught in a tournament

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Rhett Kutz with a nice one!

[Linked Image]

Jeremy and Ashleigh McLeroy had a couple

[Linked Image]

Jason and Jayce Fagan had a limit

[Linked Image]

Re: Fish For A Cure 2022 results and pictures! - 11/07/22 01:45 AM

Trey Crawford and Dan Allen

[Linked Image]

Jeff Flovin and DCS sponsor us every year

[Linked Image]

My nephew Matt Hussmann flew in from CA to help and fish the tournament. He fished with my partner Chris and after a second place finish last year Hubbard had her revenge this year

[Linked Image]

Alvaro Rojas fishes with us every year

[Linked Image]

John Daniels fished with Dr Brad. He's one of our sponsors Garland Family Eye Care

[Linked Image]

Paul and Daniel Spann fished with us

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Justin Reimer and Chris Semchenko had three

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Matt Crawford and Tyler Hughes had four

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

James and Patrick Sharp had five

[Linked Image]

Brian Brooks and Steve Parrish also had a limit

[Linked Image]

Doug Rener and Brett Killingsworth had a limit with a 4.74

[Linked Image]

Eugene McBride and Tyler Austin had a limit

[Linked Image]

Clark Crenshaw and Chris Lewis weighed a limit

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Eddy Wooldridge with Carson Davis who was fishing his first tournament

[Linked Image]

Jason Hadley and Chris Evans had five

[Linked Image]

Re: Fish For A Cure 2022 results and pictures! - 11/07/22 02:06 AM

JT Walker and Bodee Landauer had a nice limit

[Linked Image]

So did Joe Shipley and Mike Ennis

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Joey Bryant and Dave Howe fish with us every year and had a limit of 14.54

[Linked Image]

Ryan Sudderth and Ralph Spinarski had a nice limit. Ryan brought Barnsco Dallas in as a sponsor this year and gave out hats at weigh in

[Linked Image]

He had a nice 5.99 kicker

[Linked Image]

The Ross family portrait is always the best picture of FFAC. Another limit close to 15 and Thomas also was a sponsor this year

[Linked Image]

Joe Perez and John Montelongo had five for 15.58

[Linked Image]

Long time friends and FFAC supporters Brandon Putnam and Joey Deans had a limit for 15.90 with a 6.51 kicker

[Linked Image]

Illustrious Russell Olds and Arturo Murga had five for 15.92 with a 5.91

[Linked Image]

Brent Lyons and John McCalmont had a top ten finish with 16.32

[Linked Image]

Matt Martin has been with us since year one! He and Jason Todd had a great day weighing 16.50

[Linked Image]

Kyle Ellis and Danny Salazar weighed 17.18

[Linked Image]

Their kicker weighed 5.64

[Linked Image]

Kyle Williams and Collin Eastman had five for 17.25. Ol Steez said he would get fifth. Missed it by that much...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Fish For A Cure 2022 results and pictures! - 11/07/22 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by SoCal Tom

Kyle Williams and Collin Eastman had five for 17.25. Ol Steez said he would get fifth. Missed it by that much...

[Linked Image]

I didn’t know you were gonna have 82 teams. If I did, I would have said I was fishing for 7th!

We had a great time. I can’t wait till next year!

Re: Fish For A Cure 2022 results and pictures! - 11/07/22 02:28 AM

Preston Smith and David Hooper got Sixth Place with an outstanding bag of 19.15. David and his company Hooper Plumbing has been a sponsor since year one and Preston brought Texas Nameplate in and they make the beautiful plaques we give out every year

[Linked Image]

For a change we gave them something!

[Linked Image]

Fifth Place went to Chris "Tiltman" Tilton and Ryan Autery with a limit that went 21.39. NAPA Wylie is a FFAC sponsor and we appreciate it!

[Linked Image]

Fourth Place went to Mike Schultz and Bryan Anderson with a great bag weighing 21.45

[Linked Image]

Third Place went to long time RHBC members Josh Mulkey and Tim Havins with a big limit weighing 21.78

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Second Place went to Luke Huffman and Mark Everett with another outstanding bag of 21.87. They had a 5.87 kicker

[Linked Image]

Here are your winners! 2022 FFAC Champions are Clint and Nolan Yeager who topped everyone with five for 22.50 and had second place big bass of 6.63! Congratulations!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And here is big bass. A 9.93 FFAC record caught by Tim Havins! Well done!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And here is a very tired but happy me with Brian Sherwood from the American Cancer Society. It was Brian's first weigh in. I think it was a bit of sensory overload.

[Linked Image]

That's a wrap for this year. I will make a post in a couple days thanking by name all those who put this together and giving you a total amount of money raised and it was substantial this year. Thank you to everyone that came out and fished with us. And it's already in my signature. The 8th Annual Fish For A Cure is Sunday October 29th 2023 so plan to be with us!
Posted By: SRitchey

Re: Fish For A Cure 2022 results and pictures! - 11/07/22 04:52 PM

Great jog all y'all. Great cause as well.
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Fish For A Cure 2022 results and pictures! - 11/07/22 06:21 PM

Awesome report as always.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum