Texas Fishing Forum

Bass Fishing Greats..... Winans returns for the win!

Posted By: JacksonBean

Bass Fishing Greats..... Winans returns for the win! - 11/06/22 11:38 PM

This is like one of those Lifetime movies and I couldn't be more proud of Brady and equally as important, Ronny Hobbs.

Soon, you will see the results published from the Lake Tawakoni Bass Club tournament this weekend on Cedar Creek where Brady took first place. There are lots of not-so-coincidental coincidences from this weekend but the bottom line is Ronny Hobbs put forth the effort to get his buddy Brady back in the saddle and boy did he. Through the pain, frustration and mental hurdles, Brady got back on that horse and kicked asss in the process.

I'm proud to call them both friends and this is the stuff that makes our group special. This is the good stuff..... Great men haven't done near as much. This is conquering what many folks could not.

Congrats to both of you for a first and third and to doing what many of us feared would never be done again.

Cheers boys!

Jackson
Posted By: Rescue Fire

Re: Bass Fishing Greats..... Winans returns for the win! - 11/06/22 11:48 PM

Glad to hear it. I don't know him, couldn't pick him out of a line-up of 2 guys, but glad to hear he's back on track. Congrats.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Bass Fishing Greats..... Winans returns for the win! - 11/06/22 11:54 PM

clap
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Bass Fishing Greats..... Winans returns for the win! - 11/07/22 12:52 AM

This is awesome, I knew he was fishing I wish I were free to drive down to the weigh in.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Bass Fishing Greats..... Winans returns for the win! - 11/07/22 02:16 AM

Brady is a true inspiration. He has had a long journey and he just keeps kicking [censored].
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Bass Fishing Greats..... Winans returns for the win! - 11/07/22 02:29 AM

Well done Brady!
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Bass Fishing Greats..... Winans returns for the win! - 11/07/22 01:59 PM

I cant imagine the emotion he felt when they approached the dam. He's a trooper for the work he's put into recovering! Pretty amazing how quickly he is making it happen, due to his hard work! Great job Brady! and CONGRATULATIONS on the W!!!
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Bass Fishing Greats..... Winans returns for the win! - 11/11/22 02:20 PM

Way to go Brady!
Posted By: BASS COACH

Re: Bass Fishing Greats..... Winans returns for the win! - 11/11/22 05:01 PM

Great Job Brady!!
Posted By: 921ELITE Cranker

Re: Bass Fishing Greats..... Winans returns for the win! - 11/11/22 09:56 PM

Wow. Thank you Jackson for the kind words. Yes, it was a surreal weekend for sure. To return to the scene of the accident almost a year later, it was emotional. The fish gods shined on me for sure and it was definitely a "Rudy moment".

I would really like to thank Ronny Hobbs! He put up with a lot over the weekend. I am kinda like taking a kid fishing these days. You have to load and unload my fishing gear, wheelchair, overnight bag etc. I can help load the boat, but other than that, I am pretty useless. I am blessed with great friends for sure. Thanks again Jackson!!!
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Bass Fishing Greats..... Winans returns for the win! - 11/11/22 10:35 PM

Great to hear that your getting back out there on the water.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Bass Fishing Greats..... Winans returns for the win! - 11/12/22 12:02 AM

Awesome. I hope you get back to 100%
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Bass Fishing Greats..... Winans returns for the win! - 11/14/22 01:42 AM

Congrats Brady .
Posted By: Stan L

Re: Bass Fishing Greats..... Winans returns for the win! - 11/14/22 02:01 AM

Way to go Brady, so happy that no matter what? Brady is doing what we all want to see, one day at a time buddy!
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Bass Fishing Greats..... Winans returns for the win! - 11/14/22 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by Ken A.
Way to go Brady!
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Bass Fishing Greats..... Winans returns for the win! - 11/14/22 01:38 PM

I had forgotten about the accident but as soon as I began to read the original post I recalled it. Glad to see Brady back. That had to be one heck of an emotional roller coaster. Big thumbs up for Ronnie Hobbs as well. The world needs more people like him.thumb thumb
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

Re: Bass Fishing Greats..... Winans returns for the win! - 11/17/22 08:56 PM

Congrats. God is Great !
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum