Texas Fishing Forum

San Angelo Bass Fishing

Posted By: westtexgolfer

San Angelo Bass Fishing - 10/25/22 10:28 PM

Which lake within 30-45 miles of Angelo would you hit currently? Also, can boats put in at Twin Buttes currently?
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: San Angelo Bass Fishing - 10/25/22 10:46 PM

Ramps are fine at Twin Buttes, OC Fisher on the other hand is down to a mud puddle.
Posted By: mossyback75

Re: San Angelo Bass Fishing - 10/26/22 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by westtexgolfer
Which lake within 30-45 miles of Angelo would you hit currently? Also, can boats put in at Twin Buttes currently?

Why go anywhere other than Ivie? If I lived in San Angelo all my free time would be spent at OH Ivie
Posted By: wrfluke75

Re: San Angelo Bass Fishing - 10/26/22 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by mossyback75

Why go anywhere other than Ivie? If I lived in San Angelo all my free time would be spent at OH Ivie

Because Ivie can get very tough at times. It's a big bass factory but that doesn't mean the fishing is on fire all the time. There's a decent number of good lakes in the vicinity to hit up
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: San Angelo Bass Fishing - 10/26/22 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by wrfluke75

Because Ivie can get very tough at times. It's a big bass factory but that doesn't mean the fishing is on fire all the time. There's a decent number of good lakes in the vicinity to hit up

Buttes, Nasworthey, Spence, and Oak Creek are all within that 45 mile range and for what its worth their all fishing a little tough right now.
Posted By: mossyback75

Re: San Angelo Bass Fishing - 10/26/22 06:23 PM

Its fall transition. Everywhere is fishing pretty tough. Ivie is still by far the best lake anywhere near there.
Posted By: westtexgolfer

Re: San Angelo Bass Fishing - 10/26/22 06:46 PM

Thanks for the input, I figured all were fishing pretty tough with the changing conditions but thought I would ask. I do not live in Angelo its 3 hours to any lake for me.
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: San Angelo Bass Fishing - 10/26/22 06:51 PM

Thanks for the input, I figured all were fishing pretty tough with the changing conditions but thought I would ask. I do not live in Angelo its 3 hours to any lake for me.

You can always consider Alan Henry.

We had 3 - 3 fish limits over 4 lbs in our club tourney this past weekend.

Fishing was on fire!
Posted By: BWG

Re: San Angelo Bass Fishing - 10/27/22 03:31 AM

Go down I20 to Champion. Great little lake.
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: San Angelo Bass Fishing - 10/28/22 04:23 AM

Its fall transition. Everywhere is fishing pretty tough. Ivie is still by far the best lake anywhere near there.

That YOU know of. Lots of little lakes around here that I’d rather go to most of the time. Especially now.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum