Texas Fishing Forum

Dylan Brill, Choctaw, OK tops over 1000 anglers at Berkley Big Bass on Fork.

Posted By: Bass Champs Staff

Dylan Brill, Choctaw, OK tops over 1000 anglers at Berkley Big Bass on Fork. - 10/16/22 10:35 PM

Dylan Brill, Choctaw, OK, tops over 1000 anglers at 17th annual Berkley Big Bass on Fork
with a 7.93 and takes home a new Skeeter ZX 200 - Yamaha 200 SHO

Full results on http://www.basschamps.com

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Dylan Brill, Choctaw, OK tops over 1000 anglers at Berkley Big Bass on Fork. - 10/16/22 10:45 PM

Congrats to him. I bet he was sweating bullets all day.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Dylan Brill, Choctaw, OK tops over 1000 anglers at Berkley Big Bass on Fork. - 10/16/22 11:04 PM

Fork has been beat to death, McDonnies, High School, Mad Dogs and Berkleys in the past 5 weeks
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Dylan Brill, Choctaw, OK tops over 1000 anglers at Berkley Big Bass on Fork. - 10/16/22 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas J
Fork has been beat to death, McDonnies, High School, Mad Dogs and Berkleys in the past 5 weeks

#growthesport
Posted By: Kodyjoe

Re: Dylan Brill, Choctaw, OK tops over 1000 anglers at Berkley Big Bass on Fork. - 10/16/22 11:24 PM

Don't think I ever seen a fish under 8lbs win a big tournament. Congrats to the angler
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Dylan Brill, Choctaw, OK tops over 1000 anglers at Berkley Big Bass on Fork. - 10/17/22 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Kodyjoe
Don't think I ever seen a fish under 8lbs win a big tournament. Congrats to the angler

Yep, and my first fish Saturday morning was 8.2 but only 23.5 inches
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Dylan Brill, Choctaw, OK tops over 1000 anglers at Berkley Big Bass on Fork. - 10/17/22 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Dubee

roflmao

Holy [censored]. That sucks.

Re: Dylan Brill, Choctaw, OK tops over 1000 anglers at Berkley Big Bass on Fork. - 10/17/22 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

roflmao

Holy [censored]. That sucks.

Yes it did. It was built like a tank. I just knew it was over when I netted it.
Posted By: Kodyjoe

Re: Dylan Brill, Choctaw, OK tops over 1000 anglers at Berkley Big Bass on Fork. - 10/17/22 01:17 AM

Dang it. Been there and done that

Re: Dylan Brill, Choctaw, OK tops over 1000 anglers at Berkley Big Bass on Fork. - 10/17/22 01:38 AM

Yep, if you fish big bass tournaments on slot lake it's going to happen. I've had lots of 16 1/8 inch fish. This wouldn't have hurt if someone had a 8.5 or bigger. It just sucks knowing it was bigger than the fish that won the boat. Good thing is a buddy of mine won the boat for biggest under. I'm happy for him
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Dylan Brill, Choctaw, OK tops over 1000 anglers at Berkley Big Bass on Fork. - 10/17/22 01:54 AM

7.93 to win on fork.

Imagine the folks who sold everything they had to move out there. 😆
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Dylan Brill, Choctaw, OK tops over 1000 anglers at Berkley Big Bass on Fork. - 10/17/22 01:55 AM

Yep, if you fish big bass tournaments on slot lake it's going to happen. I've had lots of 16 1/8 inch fish. This wouldn't have hurt if someone had a 8.5 or bigger. It just sucks knowing it was bigger than the fish that won the boat. Good thing is a buddy of mine won the boat for biggest under. I'm happy for him

My friend won the boat last year. It sure is nice seeing him in a brand new boat. Wish you would have won Dubee. That would have been awesome.

Re: Dylan Brill, Choctaw, OK tops over 1000 anglers at Berkley Big Bass on Fork. - 10/17/22 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

My friend won the boat last year. It sure is nice seeing him in a brand new boat. Wish you would have won Dubee. That would have been awesome.

I could always use the money but sh*t happens. It wasn't 24" so it wasn't meant to be. We have all been there if you have done this for any length of time. I'll be back at it next weekend at lake o the pines but for a lot less money. 😆
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Dylan Brill, Choctaw, OK tops over 1000 anglers at Berkley Big Bass on Fork. - 10/17/22 02:35 AM

thumb
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Dylan Brill, Choctaw, OK tops over 1000 anglers at Berkley Big Bass on Fork. - 10/17/22 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by Chasin Hogs
7.93 to win on fork.

most are wearing new balance, poop their pants and back into at least 1 vehicle a week
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Dylan Brill, Choctaw, OK tops over 1000 anglers at Berkley Big Bass on Fork. - 10/17/22 02:45 PM

7.93 to win on fork.

most are wearing new balance, poop their pants and back into at least 1 vehicle a week

Easy now! roflmao
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Dylan Brill, Choctaw, OK tops over 1000 anglers at Berkley Big Bass on Fork. - 10/17/22 03:28 PM

This is one time where the fish looks much bigger than 7.93. Congrats to the angler.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Dylan Brill, Choctaw, OK tops over 1000 anglers at Berkley Big Bass on Fork. - 10/17/22 03:33 PM

It was a tough fishing weekend even with the expanded Berkley offerings, getting a bite was HARD. The weather was just interesting to say the least. Looks like numbers of attendees were down, of the 1000+ that signed up, I'd be shocked if half of them fished Sunday!

I say that based on Boat Encounters (or lack thereof) and the availability of parking at all the ramps i saw!

Heck, it was easy in and out on Saturday too!!!
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Dylan Brill, Choctaw, OK tops over 1000 anglers at Berkley Big Bass on Fork. - 10/17/22 09:10 PM

7.93 to win on fork.

roflmao
That is true. I'm just jealous!
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Dylan Brill, Choctaw, OK tops over 1000 anglers at Berkley Big Bass on Fork. - 10/18/22 09:41 PM

I've caught one that weight 6.54 that was an over and then one over 8 pounds that was under. Bass are just like people, all shapes and sizes.
Posted By: pacertom

Re: Dylan Brill, Choctaw, OK tops over 1000 anglers at Berkley Big Bass on Fork. - 10/18/22 11:56 PM

On Sunday I had a FAT fish that I could make under 16 and over 16 based on how much pressure was there. And fishing these tourneys for several years, you never know if you're going to get a TD that tries to make it under or over.... I struggled with that dang fish and finally chunked it. My personal rule is 15 7/8ths - If I cant make it go over, I'll weigh it in.

I have 3 boards on the boat and kept switching them out trying to talk myself into it.... It happens. Fun day Sunday even with the downpour.
Posted By: stuntmandave

Re: Dylan Brill, Choctaw, OK tops over 1000 anglers at Berkley Big Bass on Fork. - 10/19/22 04:32 PM

Awesome!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum