Texas Fishing Forum

The Seventh Annual Fish For A Cure! Sunday October 30th - Lake Ray Hubbard! $2500 Guaranteed to win!

Posted By: SoCal Tom

The Seventh Annual Fish For A Cure! Sunday October 30th - Lake Ray Hubbard! $2500 Guaranteed to win! - 10/13/22 10:08 PM

The American Cancer Society in association with the Ray Hubbard Bass Cub are proud to announce the Seventh Annual Fish For A Cure benefit tournament on Lake Ray Hubbard! Here are the details.

• When: Sunday October 30th
• Where: Lake Ray Hubbard - Chandlers Landing Marina Ramp (10.00 launch fee to be paid at registration)
• Time: 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM
• Registration starts at: 5:00 AM
• Entry Fee: $150.00 per boat - 2 person maximum - Big Bass included!
• Guaranteed win payout of $2500.00 with no minimum entries

All proceeds from this tournament go directly to the American Cancer Society for the fight against cancer. This is a team tournament. One or two people per boat. You will register in person the morning of the event. Our Tournament Director again this year will be Larry Ladnier with Victory Fishing, a long time Ray Hubbard fixture. He will have the weigh in stage set up for registration/check in Sunday morning beginning at 5:00 in the parking lot at Chandlers Landing Marina. Once you have registered and had your live well check done, you may launch, or trailer to a ramp of your choice. First cast is at 7:00AM. Lines must be out of the water at 3:00PM. You must be in line to weigh your fish at Chandlers Landing Marina by 4:00PM. Entry fee is $150.00. Your entry fee includes Big Bass with a payout of $1000 ($750 first and $250 second) It also includes an event shirt for each participant. Thanks to our sponsors Hooper AC & Plumbing, Alert Drain and Sewer and Great State Boat and RV Storage for our guaranteed payouts!

Full tournament rules are posted here

Official FFAC 2022 Rules

After you register, you will get your event shirts, and have the opportunity to buy tickets for our drawing. Tickets will be $5.00 each or 5 for $20.00. A full list of prizes will be posted below.

If you or your business is interested, sponsorships are available from $250.00 - $2500.00. Each level has a few more benefits. Every sponsorship of $500.00 or more comes with at least one free tournament entry. If you would like to donate goods or services for our drawing, or need more information on anything, contact me, Tom Brouillette at tomnali2@sbcglobal.net, PM me here on TFF or call/text at 817-980-0718

If you would like to pay your entry fee by credit card, you can e-mail me and I can take your information. We do not have an online site for early entries this year. All items (entry, extra shirts, drawings launch fee) on the morning of can be paid for in cash, credit card or by check made out to Fish For A Cure. If you cannot join us but would like to donate to this great cause, again contact me using one of the methods above and we will make arrangements.

So many eyes are on other health issues, but cancer is a constant. It’s affects millions of people world wide. All of us know someone who has been affected. Family member, friend, maybe even yourself. If we can do just a little bit to help in this fight, we should. We hope you come and join us on October 30th. We'll do what we love to do, have a great day on the water and raise some money and make a difference in this fight. The American Cancer Society does amazing work. Help us, help them!

Re: The Seventh Annual Fish For A Cure! Sunday October 30th - Lake Ray Hubbard! $2500 Guaranteed to win! - 10/13/22 10:11 PM

Check out the list of prizes that has been donated so far! All these will be given out at the conclusion of weigh in. You do NOT have to be present to win. More prizes are coming in!

Single Bucket Prizes

Ultra Firearms – Pardus PA12 Shotgun

Full day Guide trip on Lake Fork donated by Ken Addington

Hyatt Regency Weekend Stay including passes to Reunion Tower and Breakfast the next morning – Brett Killingsworth/Hyatt Hotels

General Prizes bucket

Caddo Rods Custom Rod
Two Custom rods from James Clifton
Two gift baskets from Jay Stone Sales
Graph Class Slade Dougherty
Martin’s Marine Gift Certificate
Hughes Marine Gift Certificate
Alert Drain Certificate
Hooper Plumbing Certificates
Old Town Sign – Two sets of custom TX Numbers
Desperados Mexican Restaurant - $50 Gift Card
Two Woman’s Bags. Coach and Michael Kors
Marc Mitchell Lake Fork Guide Trip
Fishin World – Rod/Reel Combo and gift Card $520.00
Ammo Depot - $100 Gift Certificate
All Star Marine – Three Gift Certificates - $250, $150, $100
Rockwall Marine – Five $100 Gift Certificates
Two $100 Gift Cards Academy
Bass Assets – Two Crankbait packs
Mag Lite ML150LR Flashlight
Two Denali AttaX Rods
Inland Bay Guide Trip for Two with Reel Adrenaline Charters
West Marine Spinning Rod Reel Combo/Googan Baits
Two 1 hour Hot Stone Massages from Massage Heights
Illustrious Action Lures – Two gift packs
Southwest Parts – Falcon Rod and Lews reel combo
Autographed Randy White Cowboys jersey
Posted By: Tony S

Re: The Seventh Annual Fish For A Cure! Sunday October 30th - Lake Ray Hubbard! $2500 Guaranteed to win! - 10/16/22 06:41 PM

Two weeks. Hubbard fished better than expected yesterday. Should be good in a couple weeks for a great cause.

Re: The Seventh Annual Fish For A Cure! Sunday October 30th - Lake Ray Hubbard! $2500 Guaranteed to win! - 10/17/22 09:40 PM

There have been some big bags caught on Ray Hubbard recently. It should only get better! Come out and join us! We had two more nice prizes donated today. Bee Sharp Country Store donated a $100.00 Longhorn Beef gift certificate and a Men’s themed gift basket
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: The Seventh Annual Fish For A Cure! Sunday October 30th - Lake Ray Hubbard! $2500 Guaranteed to win! - 10/19/22 08:46 PM

Looking forward to this one! Haven’t been on Hubbard in a long,long time. Used to be out there many times a week.
Posted By: BigVes

Re: The Seventh Annual Fish For A Cure! Sunday October 30th - Lake Ray Hubbard! $2500 Guaranteed to win! - 10/21/22 01:55 AM

Always a great event. Look forward to it!
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: The Seventh Annual Fish For A Cure! Sunday October 30th - Lake Ray Hubbard! $2500 Guaranteed to win! - 10/21/22 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by BigVes
Always a great event. Look forward to it!

We are all fishing for 2nd now !
Posted By: Jerry Brown

Re: The Seventh Annual Fish For A Cure! Sunday October 30th - Lake Ray Hubbard! $2500 Guaranteed to win! - 10/23/22 10:27 AM

Maybe the wind could settle down just a bit before next weekend!
Posted By: LeonSulak

Re: The Seventh Annual Fish For A Cure! Sunday October 30th - Lake Ray Hubbard! $2500 Guaranteed to win! - 10/24/22 12:48 AM

Pm sent.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: The Seventh Annual Fish For A Cure! Sunday October 30th - Lake Ray Hubbard! $2500 Guaranteed to win! - 10/24/22 02:05 AM

I’ll be there to donate and/or fish hard for 5th.
Posted By: Vinsanity

Re: The Seventh Annual Fish For A Cure! Sunday October 30th - Lake Ray Hubbard! $2500 Guaranteed to win! - 10/24/22 04:21 AM

Great cause and great tournament!

Re: The Seventh Annual Fish For A Cure! Sunday October 30th - Lake Ray Hubbard! $2500 Guaranteed to win! - 10/24/22 05:18 AM

Leon, PM returned. Steez, glad to hear you are coming out! Make sure you introduce yourself when you check in. I'll be taking your registration money. I'll be leaving it to others to try and do that on the water! grin I'll have an update tomorrow on some more nice prizes that have been donated. We're a week away! Pray Mother Nature is kind to us!

Re: The Seventh Annual Fish For A Cure! Sunday October 30th - Lake Ray Hubbard! $2500 Guaranteed to win! - 10/24/22 11:55 PM

I think the last additions to our donated prizes are in. John Adams – Two Shimano Rods. James Clifton – Two 24 inch Pro Rule boards. Bass Pro Shops Garland - Three gift bags containing tackle including $50 gift cards in each one. Killer Fishing – Spinning rod and multiple SPF 50 shirts, hat and hoodie. Thank you to EVERYONE who donated! We couldn't do it without you!

One other thing. I have someone looking for an open back seat for Sunday. If you know someone that needs a partner or maybe would fish if they had a partner, please get in touch with me via PM or text at 817-980-0718 and let's make sure everyone that wants to fish, gets to fish!
Posted By: TDR2

Re: The Seventh Annual Fish For A Cure! Sunday October 30th - Lake Ray Hubbard! $2500 Guaranteed to win! - 10/25/22 03:33 AM

Tom runs a great event, looking forward to it.

Re: The Seventh Annual Fish For A Cure! Sunday October 30th - Lake Ray Hubbard! $2500 Guaranteed to win! - 10/28/22 11:42 PM

To remind everyone, we take cash, checks made out to Fish For A Cure and credit cards for everything. We also have FFAC hats for $20.00 each or two for $30. All that money goes straight to ACS guys and girls! Weather is looking great! Come out and join us if not to fish, at least for weigh in. Going to take some serious weight to win!

[Linked Image]

Re: The Seventh Annual Fish For A Cure! Sunday October 30th - Lake Ray Hubbard! $2500 Guaranteed to win! - 10/29/22 11:12 PM

When you arrive in the morning! We will have you in line coming down the hill. RHBC Volunteers will be there checking your livewells, tying the ribbon on your trolling motor showing you have been checked and are fishing our tournament and you will sign the waiver forms. Once that is done, you will be directed towards the front of the parking lot towards the ramp. The Victory Fishing trailer will be there. Registration will be happening there at the trailer. You will also receive boat number cards, and a slip for your windshield if you are launching there at Chandlers. You will then be directed to the RHBC tent where you will pick up your event shirts (included) and have the opportunity to buy hats and chances to win our great giveaways. If we have extra shirts, those will be for sale all day after registration is over. Then you are free to launch your boat or trailer to another ramp of your choice, put in and proceed to your first spot. First cast is 7:00AM! Make sure you are watching the clock. Quit fishing at 3:00PM. You must be in line to weigh your fish by 4:00PM. The weather will be great. Let's go fishin! See you at the ramp!
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: The Seventh Annual Fish For A Cure! Sunday October 30th - Lake Ray Hubbard! $2500 Guaranteed to win! - 10/30/22 12:01 AM

Y’all gonna have breakfast for sale? Or are we on our own before we get there? I only ask because in years past, I remember y’all having whataburger taquitos or something. Jk
Posted By: David Burton

Re: The Seventh Annual Fish For A Cure! Sunday October 30th - Lake Ray Hubbard! $2500 Guaranteed to win! - 10/30/22 12:50 AM

See y'all in a few hours!!!

Re: The Seventh Annual Fish For A Cure! Sunday October 30th - Lake Ray Hubbard! $2500 Guaranteed to win! - 10/30/22 02:52 AM

Steez we used to, but I can attest to having frozen breakfast taquitos we fed to our dogs for months afterwards we have stopped that part of things. We'd rather give that money to ACS. See you in the AM!

Re: The Seventh Annual Fish For A Cure! Sunday October 30th - Lake Ray Hubbard! $2500 Guaranteed to win! - 10/30/22 03:03 PM

82 boats are currently on the water at Ray Hubbard. An awesome turnout! It's a beautiful day to fish! Come on out to weigh in at Chandlers Landing at 3:00 and help support the American Cancer Society!

Re: The Seventh Annual Fish For A Cure! Sunday October 30th - Lake Ray Hubbard! $2500 Guaranteed to win! - 10/31/22 05:21 PM

Thank you to everyone that came out to fish with us, came to weigh in and helped us raise money for ACS! We're still working on the total but this should be our second highest fund raiser in our history. So proud of all my RHBC members for the hard work and dedication to this event. On the water, it was CLOSE! Winning yesterday were Clint and Nolan Yeager who had five for 22.50 with a 6.63 kicker. Weights were close as it took over 19 pounds to get a check. Big bass went to Tim Havins and Josh Mulkey who weighed in a FFAC record 9.93 Ray Hubbard monster! Congrats to all the teams that cashed yesterday. I will have full results and pictures and a total raised and thank yous posted later this week!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum