Posted By: Dubee

Squaw drowning - 10/13/22 06:00 PM

I wonder if the drowning today will give them a reason to shut it down again
Posted By: barryfish

Re: Squaw drowning - 10/13/22 06:35 PM

Ask Jim.
Posted By: JWalls

Re: Squaw drowning - 10/13/22 07:11 PM

Condolences to his family. Please be careful out there.
Plan is still to be open to the end of March.

Re: Squaw drowning - 10/13/22 07:37 PM

Hey Jim, can the game warden start writing tickets for people not following the regs of how many people in the boat? Prayer's to this man's family and friends.
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Squaw drowning - 10/13/22 08:00 PM

First I have heard of it. Anyone know what happened?

Re: Squaw drowning - 10/13/22 08:00 PM

I have no say in what Game Wardens enforce but they do write tickets for exceeding number of people and the weight rating of vessels. That had nothing to do with today. The boat was rated for 4 people. It may have been a medical condition but we may never know for sure. Game Warden is doing the investigation.
Posted By: pdawg

Re: Squaw drowning - 10/13/22 08:13 PM

Thoughts go out to family
Posted By: rkd

Re: Squaw drowning - 10/13/22 08:24 PM

We were out there one year way back when you could line up at the gate at all hours of the night/morning. They wouldn't let us in because a pontoon hadn't returned from the previous day. They finally decided to let us go because it was better to have 100+ boats looking for the pontoon than the park's 2-3 boats. Super foggy. The pontoon eventually showed up and everyone was ok.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Squaw drowning - 10/13/22 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by JWalls

The lake is shutting down in March?

Re: Squaw drowning - 10/13/22 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas J

The lake is shutting down in March?

Here we go.... 😂 They will shut down until next October. That was the plan all along from my understanding

Re: Squaw drowning - 10/13/22 09:52 PM

I would like to thank the fisherman involved in trying to save him. I know one boat found the man on his 360 after he went under and dove in and with help from a second and third boat they got him onto the back deck and performed CPR as they quickly traversed the lake and turned him over to the ambulance at the ramp. It happened pretty far up in Squaw Creek. I know he did not make it but it was a valiant effort.
Posted By: prosise

Re: Squaw drowning - 10/13/22 10:21 PM

I would like to thank the fisherman involved in trying to save him. I know one boat found the man on his 360 after he went under and dove in and with help from a second and third boat they got him onto the back deck and performed CPR as they quickly traversed the lake and turned him over to the ambulance at the ramp. It happened pretty far up in Squaw Creek. I know he did not make it but it was a valiant effort.

Prayers for the family, and agree kudos to the people that helped.
Posted By: Nitman

Re: Squaw drowning - 10/13/22 10:28 PM

Prayers for the family. We were on the north in of the lake this morning and heard the sirens. Never knew they came to the lake. Sad deal
Posted By: guacamolebass

Re: Squaw drowning - 10/14/22 12:38 AM

I was supposed to go fishing today with the guy that jumped in and tried to save the man. Work got in the way and I wasn’t able to go. He’s not on this forum. He’s pretty beat up over the ordeal. Can’t imagine what the family is going through either! Say a prayer for both. Can’t imagine what they are going through right now… those fish will always be there. But life can be taken away from you quickly
Posted By: SwampHunter

Re: Squaw drowning - 10/14/22 01:12 AM

Oh wow I heard the sirens but I didn’t know they were coming to the lake ,
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Squaw drowning - 10/14/22 02:46 AM

RIP

Sucks when civilians are exposed to such circumstances.

The guy that knew the guy that recovered the victim, tell him it will affect someone that is not used to this more than most believe. Don't be afraid to reach out to someone, I know some resources if he needs them.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Squaw drowning - 10/14/22 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by barryfish
Hey Jim, can the game warden start writing tickets for people not following the regs of how many people in the boat? Prayer's to this man's family and friends.

So you know what happened? Just throwing out conjecture. Jeez.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Squaw drowning - 10/14/22 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by prosise

Prayers for the family, and agree kudos to the people that helped.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Squaw drowning - 10/14/22 08:36 AM

Saw something on a friends Facebook page about this, don’t know where his info came from but he stated it was a heart attack. Prayers up for the family.
Posted By: DBGSIG

Re: Squaw drowning - 10/14/22 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by 361V
Originally Posted by barryfish

So you know what happened? Just throwing out conjecture. Jeez.

He is right.

I was there and saw the boat at the ramp. They were way overloaded, and they didn't have lifejackets. 4 people with 2 big coolers in a small boat.
I agree, they need to start monitoring the boats at the ramp.
Posted By: skeeterbug421

Re: Squaw drowning - 10/14/22 05:38 PM

For all the people making stupid comments about the drowning victim need to really do some soul searching and try to find it again because you have none!!!! We are all out there on the water and should help out as one not sit back and point and come up with ideas about the situation. You WEREN’T there so don’t act like it! Better hope your karma doesn’t kick you in the boat when you fall over board one day just remember that! Y’all just need to save the dumb comments for you friends not online. This man’s brother, 2 friends, my buds and I just watched him die and now his family doesn’t have their dad to come home! Y’all don’t need to be wasting energy on this forum instead spending it with your loved ones, family, friends and people you care about in life because they can be gone in a blink of an eye! Thank goodness there’s a few solid people left in this world. Thanks to my friends and the guy in the blue skeeter that helped out! That’s probably the toughest thing I’ve had to go through and will still relive for the rest of my life. Dont be ridiculous enough to talk about peoples passing especially when you don’t know any facts at all! Dudes were just trying to catch dinner. Just fyi to all fisherman out there this happened in only 7.4 ft of water, so just remember that when your on the water you don’t have to be in the middle to drown! I pray for the families involved and for those that can’t seem to find the decency in themselves to not talk negatively of the situation and just pray for them! I’m sorry for this rant but just makes me sad and angry to see these comments out of fellow fisherman. I’ll try to save another life a thousand times over again just hope don’t have to go through it again or anyone else has to at that matter. Hope y’all have a safe weekend and rip some lips for me and the guys 💪
Posted By: pdawg

Re: Squaw drowning - 10/15/22 01:38 AM

I am sad for you brother that this path crossed in your life. My hope is that comfort will come to all that was in thus situation. Major hopes that this mans wife and children can find comfort soon. It really doesn't matter when u get down to it what the facts are, we all as fellow fisherman need to have compassion in this time and pray for all concerned.
Posted By: skeeterbug421

Re: Squaw drowning - 10/15/22 11:06 PM

Thank you from us! It’s a tough time for us at the moment but we’ll get through it! I’m sad for him family and brother and hope they find peace soon
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Squaw drowning - 10/16/22 12:30 AM

7 FOW? how the F does that happen?
Posted By: guacamolebass

Re: Squaw drowning - 10/16/22 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by SC-001

Not everyone can swim believe it or not
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Squaw drowning - 10/16/22 01:28 AM

Hit your head or have a cardiovascular event and you could drown in less than a foot.
Prayers for his family.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Squaw drowning - 10/16/22 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by CCTX
Hit your head or have a cardiovascular event and you could drown in less than a foot.
Prayers for his family.

You could probably add a seizure, stroke, TIA, and hypoglycemia to that list as well.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Squaw drowning - 10/16/22 02:36 AM

Yes, I know of a young man who passed bank fishing and had a seizure.
Rest In Peace.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Squaw drowning - 10/16/22 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by SC-001

that's says i'm ignorant
Posted By: thediscochef

Re: Squaw drowning - 10/17/22 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas J
RIP

Sucks when civilians are exposed to such circumstances.

The guy that knew the guy that recovered the victim, tell him it will affect someone that is not used to this more than most believe. Don't be afraid to reach out to someone, I know some resources if he needs them.

This right here. PTSD is no joke. Also tell the guy to play tetris. The eye movements that tetris causes helps limit intrusive memories of the ordeal.

Absolutely horrible when someone doesn't come back. I hope everyone involved can find some peace.
Posted By: ToasterWEyes

Re: Squaw drowning - 10/17/22 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by skeeterbug421
For all the people making stupid comments about the drowning victim need to really do some soul searching and try to find it again because you have none!!!! We are all out there on the water and should help out as one not sit back and point and come up with ideas about the situation. You WEREN’T there so don’t act like it!

Well said.
It sounds like you did everything you possibly could.
I hope time brings you peace.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Squaw drowning - 10/17/22 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by ToasterWEyes
Originally Posted by skeeterbug421
For all the people making stupid comments about the drowning victim need to really do some soul searching and try to find it again because you have none!!!! We are all out there on the water and should help out as one not sit back and point and come up with ideas about the situation. You WEREN’T there so don’t act like it!

Well said.
It sounds like you did everything you possibly could.
I hope time brings you peace.

I agree totally....If you wren't there you have no idea what actually happened, so just keep your mouth shut about what you "think" happened. Have some respect.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum