Texas Fishing Forum

Running Lanes on Squaw Creek

Posted By: Pearman27

Running Lanes on Squaw Creek - 10/06/22 01:11 AM

Fishing Squaw tomorrow and I have never been there. It looks like it has a little bit of timber so I am wondering is there any running lanes from the boat ramp in either direction? Are they marked or anywhere to get some info to import to my graph?

[Linked Image]

Attached picture squaw.jpg
Posted By: junbengreat

Re: Running Lanes on Squaw Creek - 10/06/22 01:22 AM

Little bit of timber? You better hug those buoys like yoga pants on a fat girl
Posted By: Pearman27

Re: Running Lanes on Squaw Creek - 10/06/22 01:37 AM

🤪 that answers my question about them being marked.. no problem with the ole Champion, she hugs tight!
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Running Lanes on Squaw Creek - 10/06/22 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by Pearman27
🤪 that answers my question about them being marked.. no problem with the ole Champion, she hugs tight!

They're not marked... Heading south from the ramp you're good to run pretty much anywhere that's open. Headed North, (Let me correct this) up until the house there is a buoy line that runs between the timber, where most people idle. After the house there is an unmarked "lane", but enter at your own risk...
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Running Lanes on Squaw Creek - 10/06/22 01:12 PM

No lanes

Just takes time and knowledge When in doubt idle out….
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Running Lanes on Squaw Creek - 10/06/22 02:21 PM

There are no lanes, there are easy areas to run and areas that you just dont run. There are a couple points that stick out far. There is a tree or 2 in some areas you think you are fine. You will see people running some stuff they probably should not so take that as fair warning
Posted By: bbassfishes

Re: Running Lanes on Squaw Creek - 10/06/22 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI
There are no lanes, there are easy areas to run and areas that you just dont run. There are a couple points that stick out far. There is a tree or 2 in some areas you think you are fine. You will see people running some stuff they probably should not so take that as fair warning

Definitely don't follow someone that's running on plane because you assume they know what they are doing. Lot's of guys that are tough hombres that wind up with out lower units.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum