Texas Fishing Forum

Conroe for the first time

Posted By: slim 285

Conroe for the first time - 09/19/22 12:58 AM

All I have heard is docks and brush piles .

Are the points and ditches worth looking at this time of year ?
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Conroe for the first time - 09/19/22 01:01 AM

Any structure in parts of the lake that’s pretty void of structure. Which is pretty much anything south of 1097. SI it.

September is one of the toughest months to catch them especially early September . Gets better in October.
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Conroe for the first time - 09/20/22 10:06 PM

Wear a life jacket and get your bilge pump ready if you're going on the weekend.

If you ever wondered how your boat handles rough water, you're about to find out.

Also, bring a cooler of beer and a lawn chair if you plan to launch at the 830 public ramp
Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: Conroe for the first time - 09/21/22 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by dk2429
Wear a life jacket and get your bilge pump ready if you're going on the weekend.

If you ever wondered how your boat handles rough water, you're about to find out.

Also, bring a cooler of beer and a lawn chair if you plan to launch at the 830 public ramp

Aw come on now dk2429, it's a lot worse then that!!! I avoid that lake after noon on Fridays until Tuesday.
Posted By: bsouth401

Re: Conroe for the first time - 09/21/22 05:06 PM

I actually surfed my FXR20 on a wave there on conroe more than once. I crossed over behind a great big wake boat caught the wave and surfed for about 50 yards.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Conroe for the first time - 09/21/22 11:41 PM

We were going to fish a championship tourney down there in mid october, I figured it would not be that bad that time of year, i spoke with a friend of mine that fishes it, he said it is a zoo on weekends most of the time, pretty sure we are going to pass. They do catch some heads out of that lake.
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Conroe for the first time - 09/22/22 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Phoenix_Ed

Aw come on now dk2429, it's a lot worse then that!!! I avoid that lake after noon on Fridays until Tuesday.

It's the closest decent lake to me living in southeast Houston. I drive past it on my way to elsewhere.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Conroe for the first time - 09/23/22 10:03 PM

Way more made of the crowd than should be. Not bad before about 10am on weekends. Fish south spots first. Work north. It is rougher than heck with all the bulk heads. Like a washing machine. If you go out thinking it’s going to bother you it will. October is lower traffic.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum