Texas Fishing Forum

Got my new Slopperknockers in…..

Posted By: Dogfish_Jones

Got my new Slopperknockers in….. - 09/14/22 08:25 PM

And tomorrow morning going to try them out. I will take my Jackhammers off and give them a try. Gad…..I’m such a sucker for new lures.
I got 10 different colors so I should have that covered.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Got my new Slopperknockers in….. - 09/14/22 11:50 PM

clap
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Got my new Slopperknockers in….. - 09/15/22 01:27 PM

I'd bet you didn't get the cinninnamon purple with a pink tail color that a local guide said they are biting on right now.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Got my new Slopperknockers in….. - 09/15/22 02:07 PM

Did Z-Man patent on the Chatterbait finally run out?
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Got my new Slopperknockers in….. - 09/15/22 02:43 PM

The way the blade attaches and the shape of the blade look different.
Posted By: bassnman

Re: Got my new Slopperknockers in….. - 09/15/22 08:51 PM

Does it hunt?
Posted By: Bryanmc57

Re: Got my new Slopperknockers in….. - 09/15/22 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by RedRanger
Did Z-Man patent on the Chatterbait finally run out?

Did you know the owner of Zman is a practicing patent attorney? I wouldn't look for that one to ever run out, and it doesn't cost him a dime to defend it.

Re: Got my new Slopperknockers in….. - 09/16/22 12:01 AM

I didn’t catch anything on it today. I’ll admit it it a different type lure, it has a small quick chatter vs the Zman Jackhammer.
I think it will be as good as the Jackhammer just have to figure out if the fish want a more chatter or less now.
I didn’t fish it very long as I went over to a jig and C-rig because I started fishing offshore humps.
I have the colors TW offers but the white and the coleslaw colors. The herring and white are almost the same.
Come fall I’m sure I will have both lures tied on to see which works best for these Coosa Spots.
Posted By: goodman_fishing

Re: Got my new Slopperknockers in….. - 09/16/22 05:52 PM

I just did a head-to-head comparison of the Slobberknocker and the Jackhammer. Curious to hear if others agree or disagree?

Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Got my new Slopperknockers in….. - 09/17/22 12:59 AM

$13.99, huh. I'll pass.

Re: Got my new Slopperknockers in….. - 09/17/22 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by goodman_fishing
I just did a head-to-head comparison of the Slobberknocker and the Jackhammer. Curious to hear if others agree or disagree?

Good video and I think we both can agree on the feel of both lures.
I’m not against the feel of the Slopperkocker, it’s just different.
Both start chattering at the first turn which is good. I do like the skirts on the Slobberknockers better, they are real rubber and I also noticed those extra strands of the metallic colors.
I think you might be giving up on the Slobberknocker too quick, you caught fish on them but your video did not tell us how long you fish with each one.
For sure I will not just let my Jackhammers sit in the box, I have too much confidence in them.
They key to me is there is a difference in the chatter. I can kind of feel the same feel with the mini max chatterbait as a good comparison to the Slopperknocker.
Price is $2.00 difference with the Slopperknocker being the lesser price.
The other thing I want to try out is the color difference between the two, maybe one color will catch more than the other colors their brand has.
All in all, I will have both in my boat and more than likely have both the Slopperknocker and the Jackhammer tied on and ready to use.
It’s a win situation for those that like to throw a bladed jig.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum