Texas Fishing Forum

Minn Kota trolling motor steering cable help

Posted By: tallentja

Minn Kota trolling motor steering cable help - 09/12/22 01:02 AM

Fishing Grapevine today with my son and two friends pre fishing for a jr bass tournament this upcoming Saturday on Grapevine. Let my son run the trolling motor. The steering cable came loose and not sure if I can just re-attach it or need a new one etc. Asking if anyone knows someone that comes to you to fix that kind of thing (I’ve seen that before the TFF) or if there’s a place I can take it to be ready by Friday.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Minn Kota trolling motor steering cable help - 09/12/22 01:37 AM

Zack at Southwest parts and service in Dallas would be your best bet. The guys honest and fast.

It is an easy fix though. Worst case you could at least buy the cables and turn the screw driver yourself.
Posted By: LuvWater

Re: Minn Kota trolling motor steering cable help - 09/12/22 01:46 PM

I had to change out my cables Friday night. Took me and and a good friend a couple of hours, but beer was involved. Plenty of videos out there explaining the process. Good Luck.
Posted By: LuvWater

Re: Minn Kota trolling motor steering cable help - 09/12/22 01:46 PM

I had to change out my cables Friday night. Took me and and a good friend a couple of hours, but beer was involved. Plenty of videos out there explaining the process. Good Luck.

Re: Minn Kota trolling motor steering cable help - 09/12/22 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by LuvWater

Originally Posted by LuvWater

Did you do it twice? roflmao
Posted By: tallentja

Re: Minn Kota trolling motor steering cable help - 09/12/22 05:14 PM

Dropped it off with Zack at SW parts
Thank you Steez
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Minn Kota trolling motor steering cable help - 09/12/22 05:20 PM

Had this happen on my previous TM...way too easy of a fix to not do it myself. As stated above, about an hour, a few choice words when you crack a knuckle, and several beers after.

Re: Minn Kota trolling motor steering cable help - 09/12/22 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by tallentja
Dropped it off with Zack at SW parts
Thank you Steez

He’s good people. You’ll be satisfied.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum