Texas Fishing Forum

Falcon Lake Level

Posted By: Chris G

Falcon Lake Level - 09/08/22 03:42 PM

I am surprised at the lack of talk on here about the fact Falcon is up over 7' in the last 30 days and still climbing. I know it's still 40+ feet low but getting 7' like that doesn't suck.

Must mean people are down there hammering fish in some flooded stuff.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Falcon Lake Level - 09/08/22 05:14 PM

Shhhhhh
Posted By: Walls

Re: Falcon Lake Level - 09/08/22 05:47 PM

I mean, it's not even quite back to where it was 3 months ago, but yep it's a good thing. James has been on the Amistad thread quite a bit giving information there.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Falcon Lake Level - 09/08/22 06:14 PM

Almost back to where it was at the beginning of summer. I’d imagine it’s still a ways from fishing flooded stuff.
Posted By: McCombs

Re: Falcon Lake Level - 09/08/22 06:20 PM

Dear Baby Jesus, please let Falcon reach and hold at 275+ for 3 consecutive years before I am too old to fish…..

Amen
Posted By: NoWeighers

Re: Falcon Lake Level - 09/08/22 06:40 PM

We have caught seven plus feet of water in the last two months.. And for reference, if you have launched at the Veleno County Ramp before, you know all about the old bridge in the creek.

Water is currently just creeping over the road bed on the bridge.

We have basically topped out here with the water in the pipeline between here and Amistad. I am sure we will come up a few more inches as things sit, but no real boost for now..

What remains to be seen is how much water the Big Friendly gets and if they pass any along. Unless I am missing something I believe that Amistad can handle the water coming out of Mexico. Of course if something funky happened like more rain to run over La Boquilla all bets are off.

Anyway, in my mind, this has been the most interesting thing to come to both lakes in recent memory..

And yes, we do have a [censored] ton of water in the vegetation to even include some light brush..
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Falcon Lake Level - 09/08/22 06:48 PM

Happy for you James. Always love reading your reports and hope the lake keeps coming up and the fishing kicks in. A little luck with a couple of more storms and you could be in for an insane frog bite in October.
Posted By: fish hard for fun

Re: Falcon Lake Level - 09/08/22 07:33 PM

At Falcon's present level every foot of water either way means allot. Where we launch, park our vehicles, and areas available to access by boat can be affected almost daily. Adopting to the transformation of Falcon over the past ten years is just something that those of us that live on the lake or visit often have had to endure and adapt too. Many businesses in Zapata are also affected by the lake level and fishing conditions. Every rainfall, and every reported storm on the horizon brings hope to those of us that love to fish Falcon.
Posted By: Tommar

Re: Falcon Lake Level - 09/09/22 02:07 AM

I’m still hoping for a Harvey event to come smash northern Mexico. We can hold it between Amistad and Falcon.
Posted By: 4D Ranch

Re: Falcon Lake Level - 09/09/22 03:36 AM

It always amazes me how west and south Texas lakes remind me of farming and ranching here. In west Texas (if it’s not raining it’s a drought) and it is! If it’s flooding (Mexico will take most of it) and they will! In east Texas the lake drops 4-6 feet it’s a catastrophe ( and the following spring they produce share lunkers as always) and they will! I wouldn’t trade it for the best part of California (wherever that is) for Nothing!!!!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum