Texas Fishing Forum

Will Fairfield become private

Posted By: slim 285

Will Fairfield become private - 09/05/22 01:55 AM

Heard the new owner takes possession Jan.1 . Has anybody else heard this .
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Will Fairfield become private - 09/05/22 02:12 AM

Yeah like 100 other threads here about it.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Will Fairfield become private - 09/05/22 02:29 AM

100% nobody can fade the heat of the liability and honestly with as stupid is people are these days, who would want to assume the liability?
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Will Fairfield become private - 09/05/22 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by slim 285
Heard the new owner takes possession Jan.1 . Has anybody else heard this .

Well ask yourself, would you pay 110 million for something and not take it private????
Posted By: 361V

Re: Will Fairfield become private - 09/05/22 08:31 AM

Fairfield is already private. Always been privately owners. It’s never been “public”.
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Will Fairfield become private - 09/05/22 02:57 PM

Was For Sale by the Hortenstine Ranch Company, It will probably get developed, I'm guessing. Surrounded by high end homes maybe?
The state park was a lease deal. I figure what ever happens to the state park will determine what goes with the rest of it.
We drove through th area a couple of years ago coming back from Galveston to Cooper. There is a highway that runs around the base of the dam and all the property in the area is heavily posted/no trespassing. I guess that probably belongs to Hortenstine too. They were serious about staying off their property for sure. They had me worried I was going to get arrested for trespassing just driving by it on a public highway.
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: Will Fairfield become private - 09/05/22 04:21 PM

Well that will be a huge loss
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Will Fairfield become private - 09/05/22 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)
Was For Sale by the Hortenstine Ranch Company, It will probably get developed, I'm guessing. Surrounded by high end homes maybe?
The state park was a lease deal. I figure what ever happens to the state park will determine what goes with the rest of it.
We drove through th area a couple of years ago coming back from Galveston to Cooper. There is a highway that runs around the base of the dam and all the property in the area is heavily posted/no trespassing. I guess that probably belongs to Hortenstine too. They were serious about staying off their property for sure. They had me worried I was going to get arrested for trespassing just driving by it on a public highway.

I have no clue what you're talking about. It's owned by luminat
Posted By: bassnman

Re: Will Fairfield become private - 09/06/22 02:03 AM

Hortenstine Ranch Company, is the realtor I believe.
Posted By: Greg W

Re: Will Fairfield become private - 09/11/22 06:10 AM

I'm hoping there will be lots off the main lake but will still give you access to the ramp. Probably won't be an option but I'd sure like to be able to have a small lot I could put a single wide on and keep access to the lake. Guess we'll see. My guess it will be minimum 2,500 sq/ft homes even off the lake.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Will Fairfield become private - 09/11/22 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Dubee

All the land is owned by luminant until the closing, that land is posted due to homeland security since 911 flag, all dams have special rules since then.
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Will Fairfield become private - 09/11/22 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf

All the land is owned by luminant until the closing, that land is posted due to homeland security since 911 flag, all dams have special rules since then.

I beleive I got my information from WFAA's website....
https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/l...287-c98f2342-cb36-427e-a8bb-d5cbaf34df9c
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Will Fairfield become private - 09/11/22 02:40 PM

A month ago I was told at the park that the state is working on trying to keep the state park open. That will depend on what the new owner wants to do.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Will Fairfield become private - 09/11/22 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf

I beleive I got my information from WFAA's website....
https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/l...287-c98f2342-cb36-427e-a8bb-d5cbaf34df9c

Whats your point? If the sale hasn't close yet ownership hasn't been transferred from Luminant yet.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum