Texas Fishing Forum

Berkley Tournament- Lake Fork

Posted By: McLovin’

Berkley Tournament- Lake Fork - 08/31/22 03:20 PM

Are they still having the Berkley tournament on Fork in October?
I cant find anything on it?
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Berkley Tournament- Lake Fork - 08/31/22 03:23 PM

Yes and it's on BassChamps' website under Special Events as always.

https://www.basschamps.com/berkley.cfm

Correction - It's a big link at the top of the home page, but the "other events" on their schedule isn't showing it.
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Berkley Tournament- Lake Fork - 08/31/22 03:49 PM

Thanks David,

That's why I was asking...I went directly to their Other Events page and it wasn't showing, but I didn't look at the main page...LOL

hammer
Posted By: Skeeter 46 CCBC

Re: Berkley Tournament- Lake Fork - 08/31/22 04:28 PM

Lets hope that water level continues to rise out there. From what I remember in past Berkley tourneys, there's a lot of folks unfamiliar with that lake that will tear up some equipment if they aren't careful.
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Berkley Tournament- Lake Fork - 08/31/22 04:36 PM

Actually, with the water down around 5' low it is much easier to see where the stumps are, rather than at full pool when most are covered.
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Berkley Tournament- Lake Fork - 08/31/22 08:52 PM

I was watching the weather at work today and they have this region of Texas forcast for excessive rain the next few days, all I can say i"BRING IT ON!" I've got the entry form already filled out, just need to put a check with it and send it.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Berkley Tournament- Lake Fork - 08/31/22 09:31 PM

Water level is up enough to open all the boat ramps. Hopefully with the rain in the forecast it will get even higher. Should be high enough now to make the boat lanes safe. I wasn't going to go during to the low water but the last rain was enough that I pre registered. Hope my back will allow me to fish.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Berkley Tournament- Lake Fork - 08/31/22 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Bobby Milam
Water level is up enough to open all the boat ramps. Hopefully with the rain in the forecast it will get even higher. Should be high enough now to make the boat lanes safe. I wasn't going to go during to the low water but the last rain was enough that I pre registered. Hope my back will allow me to fish.

It barely got lower than it did in 2011 and I spent 3-5 days a week on it that year. It wasn't really that big of deal if you have a little common sense and exercise it.
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Berkley Tournament- Lake Fork - 08/31/22 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas J
Originally Posted by Bobby Milam

It barely got lower than it did in 2011 and I spent 3-5 days a week on it that year. It wasn't really that big of deal if you have a little common sense and exercise it.

I probably logged over 40 to maybe as high as 50 miles on it during the SOT, never hit a thing or at least anything that damaged my rig; I slid over a few stumps for sure but when I left the boat lanes I came off plane and idled pretty much every where. I went through a couple of places that if I'd been on plane there might have been another lower unit added to the list of junk on the bottom of Fork. Common sense goes a long ways.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Berkley Tournament- Lake Fork - 08/31/22 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Skeeter 46 CCBC
Lets hope that water level continues to rise out there. From what I remember in past Berkley tourneys, there's a lot of folks unfamiliar with that lake that will tear up some equipment if they aren't careful.

I wish it was 8ft low
Posted By: Rescue Fire

Re: Berkley Tournament- Lake Fork - 09/01/22 12:45 PM

I wish it was chalk full of hydrilla
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum