Texas Fishing Forum

Scouting a New Lake Before the Chris Kyle/American Valor Tournament

Posted By: KenTx1962

Scouting a New Lake Before the Chris Kyle/American Valor Tournament - 08/23/22 03:18 PM

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Scouting a New Lake Before the Chris Kyle/American Valor Tournament - 08/23/22 06:39 PM

thumb
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Scouting a New Lake Before the Chris Kyle/American Valor Tournament - 08/23/22 06:47 PM

Video didn’t load, but it looked like granbury. That’s a hard lake to figure out for me.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Scouting a New Lake Before the Chris Kyle/American Valor Tournament - 08/23/22 08:47 PM

Grew up bait fishing the lake when I was a kid for whatever would bite. There are some good coves and unique channels in that lake. I expect exploring the older canals would probably pay off big time... I have only bass fished it a couple of times since I started doing this, but I have some firm fishing roots around OTS and Thorp Springs - lots of summer days at my grandparents place up on the hill...
Posted By: tsubrett

Re: Scouting a New Lake Before the Chris Kyle/American Valor Tournament - 08/24/22 01:50 AM

Granbury can be a tough lake. This year we had a ton of boats show up for the Thursday working man tournaments up to 75 I believe and if you didn’t catch 13-15lbs for 3 fish, you didn’t get paid. I had a lot of luck doing what others weren’t. I can also say, it doesn’t fish like any of the other bra lakes. If you head north beyond 51 bridge, don’t get outside of the buoys.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum