Texas Fishing Forum

Fairfield

Posted By: harvey walker

Fairfield - 08/17/22 05:58 PM

I went over there Sunday, man those bass have an attuite, they will put a bend in your rod. I will be making a trip back in the near future. My question is it looks like you can run on plan on most of the lake is the area that I need to watch what I am doing.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Fairfield - 08/17/22 06:38 PM

rumors are it is closing soon.. I have never had a problem running anywhere on the lake.
Posted By: JWfish

Re: Fairfield - 08/17/22 07:12 PM

You might want to hurry. It was up for sale, and I believe Sept. is the closing date. Not sure if the new owner will renew the lease with TPW.
Posted By: mossyback75

Re: Fairfield - 08/17/22 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by JWfish
You might want to hurry. It was up for sale, and I believe Sept. is the closing date. Not sure if the new owner will renew the lease with TPW.

They would close the State Park and boat ramp with it? Figured the State could annex that land for public use. Maybe not. Hmm
Posted By: JoshMan734

Re: Fairfield - 08/17/22 08:38 PM

confirmed the entire lake including the state park is for sale and as of 3:37p 8.17.22 it is under contract. The state park lease doesn't expire until December and as far as they know. The state park and the lake will be open until then.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Fairfield - 08/17/22 10:24 PM

Don’t run either arm of the lake. The main lake is ok to run.
Posted By: Rube G.

Re: Fairfield - 08/17/22 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by JoshMan734
confirmed the entire lake including the state park is for sale and as of 3:37p 8.17.22 it is under contract. The state park lease doesn't expire until December and as far as they know. The state park and the lake will be open until then.

Another case like Monticello, Thousands of our Tax dollars stocking the lake & it gets closed to the public.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Fairfield - 08/18/22 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Don’t run either arm of the lake. The main lake is ok to run.

This is very true.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Fairfield - 08/18/22 01:36 AM

Well that would be great news
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Fairfield - 08/18/22 04:06 AM

So, does this mean us guys that have never been there need to make the trip before December? I heard it was up for sale, didn't realize it was closing down this year!
Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: Fairfield - 08/18/22 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by dk2429
So, does this mean us guys that have never been there need to make the trip before December? I heard it was up for sale, didn't realize it was closing down this year!

its possibly closing nothing is set in stone yet
Posted By: blackskeeter

Re: Fairfield - 08/18/22 04:53 AM

The new owner is spending a lot of money setting up lots with skid steer mulchers on the power plants side for it to not have sold yet. I know the company that’s doing the clearing and they are being paid by the new owner to clear it. Just throwing that out there.
Posted By: BJH ( JUST JIGGING)

Re: Fairfield - 08/18/22 07:03 AM

It will be another Lake Kiowa.

Re: Fairfield - 08/18/22 01:22 PM

i wonder if having the "state park" recognition protects it in anyway?
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Fairfield - 08/18/22 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Phoenix 920 Pro xp
i wonder if having the "state park" recognition protects it in anyway?

Not once the lease expires. Public access is about to be a thing of the past there.
Posted By: Greg W

Re: Fairfield - 08/18/22 03:07 PM

So main lake run should be fine. What about the large arm on the west side past the 2nd ramp? I've generally run the middle of that arm fine, but haven't been there this summer. Are there hidden stumps?
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Fairfield - 08/18/22 04:50 PM

Do not run past the first boat ramp or past the fishing dock.
Posted By: JWfish

Re: Fairfield - 08/18/22 06:02 PM

Sure hate to see a new owner coming in with plans to chop it all up into lake lots. Every time we fished there, it was always a bonus to see all the deer. With lake developments, a lot of deer will be displaced to surrounding ranches. I use to have a deer lease that bordered the park. I can only imagine how many deer would show up there now.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Fairfield - 08/18/22 06:25 PM

The whole thing sucks but it is what it is.
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Fairfield - 08/18/22 06:55 PM

Well looks like I need to make my first and last trip up there soon. Heard it’s a great fishery
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Fairfield - 08/18/22 07:05 PM

The state had it's chance to buy the property.

Re: Fairfield - 08/18/22 07:25 PM

Lots will be for sale soon enough, you can always buy one.
Posted By: Captain Break-Off

Re: Fairfield - 08/18/22 08:30 PM

I don't believe the new owner is obligated to continue the lease to the state once the sales has it's closing. The states lease is with the previous owner and therefor the lease should be null and void once ownership changes hands.

Re: Fairfield - 08/18/22 11:43 PM

once i know its for sure closing my local lakes will be getting some fairfield bass and hydrilla stocked in them lol
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Fairfield - 08/19/22 12:01 AM

once i know its for sure closing my local lakes will be getting some fairfield bass and hydrilla stocked in them lol

that may be illegal so probably not the smartest to post it on an open forum
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Fairfield - 08/19/22 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by Douglas J

that may be illegal so probably not the smartest to post it on an open forum

yep
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Fairfield - 08/19/22 02:32 AM

If the buyer refuses to lease and keep the park alive I hope the state telephones and transfer what game fish they can to lake X and RC. It is not lost on the state the money and time spent stocking and maintaining the fishery.
Posted By: manhunter

Re: Fairfield - 08/19/22 02:52 AM

TPWD hasn't stocked that lake in YEARS. 2011 was the last year black bass were stocked and the amount was under 125k. That's nothing when you consider other lakes that get MILLIONS.....

Re: Fairfield - 08/19/22 04:36 AM

RIP angel
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Fairfield - 08/19/22 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by manhunter
TPWD hasn't stocked that lake in YEARS. 2011 was the last year black bass were stocked and the amount was under 125k. That's nothing when you consider other lakes that get MILLIONS.....

I suspect that Fairfield being in close proximity to lake X has been managed much, much better with more publicly funded hours of work than all but a handful (and maybe just three) of public lakes in Texas.
Posted By: harvey walker

Re: Fairfield - 08/19/22 06:54 PM

I called Austin on Wed. and they said that they have a lease and that no has said anything about closing the park. thanks about where not to run.

Re: Fairfield - 08/20/22 03:32 PM

I heard a rumor that Cuban bought it. I'm sure he would make it into a high end development lol.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Fairfield - 08/20/22 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI
I heard a rumor that Cuban bought it. I'm sure he would make it into a high end development lol.

I've heard that he bought the little town of Mustang, just south of Corsicana, on the east side of the interstate. I can't think of the name of the strip club that used to be there. It was the Mustang Club back in the 90's
Posted By: 361V

Re: Fairfield - 08/20/22 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Monty Wright

I've heard that he bought the little town of Mustang, just south of Corsicana, on the east side of the interstate. I can't think of the name of the strip club that used to be there. It was the Mustang Club back in the 90's

No rumor. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Fairfield - 08/20/22 06:09 PM

I have been to that club lol

Re: Fairfield - 08/20/22 06:42 PM

I have been to that club lol

sick
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum