Texas Fishing Forum

New Lowrance

Posted By: Minner Bucket

New Lowrance - 08/17/22 12:43 PM

Live units just went on sale, which means something new is on the horizon. Anybody have the scoop?
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: New Lowrance - 08/17/22 12:44 PM

Saw that they dropped the AT immensely! Almost makes one think that something new is coming.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: New Lowrance - 08/17/22 02:41 PM

Now I can almost afford it....almost
Posted By: Chris B

Re: New Lowrance - 08/17/22 05:46 PM

Figures I just bought an Active Target.
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: New Lowrance - 08/17/22 06:35 PM

How much are the active targets now?

Re: New Lowrance - 08/17/22 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by leethefishking
How much are the active targets now?

$1,249

https://www.lowrance.com/lowrance/type/sonar-transducers/activetarget

All on sale specials.

https://www.lowrance.com/offers/
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: New Lowrance - 08/17/22 07:56 PM

Thanks!
Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: New Lowrance - 08/17/22 10:35 PM

can't really say if there is something new coming out . I will say that the semiconductor industry is starting to see significant changes to demand and allocation . Some types of product's that had 50+ week lead times are now 12 weeks ( which is normal ) . Some of the really big users are heavy on inventory . It might take another 6-12 months before all markets see a change ----- but it's coming faster than we thought 6 months ago .
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: New Lowrance - 08/17/22 11:02 PM

Probably something new or maybe the discreationary spending thing. A lot of people are cutting back on luxury items an I'm seeing it in a lot of places.
We do the Jeep thing and have one that we have a small fortune in , in mods. All the places we order parts from are suddenly cutting discounts on a lot of their stuff just to move it.

Re: New Lowrance - 08/18/22 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)
Probably something new or maybe the discreationary spending thing. A lot of people are cutting back on luxury items an I'm seeing it in a lot of places.
We do the Jeep thing and have one that we have a small fortune in , in mods. All the places we order parts from are suddenly cutting discounts on a lot of their stuff just to move it.

Lowrance didn’t slash prices out of the kindness of their heart, something new is ready to be launched. Once released, gonna be some great deals on Live units and Carbon units will be that much closer to obsolete, like gen 2s and 3s are now.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: New Lowrance - 08/18/22 12:25 AM

Most electronics are outdated the day they hit the market. There is always something being developed. Televisions are the craziest. I wonder when they will release a 10K Super-Duper Ultra UHD set?

Re: New Lowrance - 08/18/22 12:42 AM

I’m wondering if one of these graph companies will come out with a rectangle 24”-36” graph so guys could eliminate the 2 graph deal at the console.
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: New Lowrance - 08/18/22 01:39 AM

They can’t fill orders with current stuff, why introduce something new they can’t supply either.

Re: New Lowrance - 08/18/22 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Caymas Cx 21
They can’t fill orders with current stuff, why introduce something new they can’t supply either.

Then explain why they introduce a huge sale, discount? 💯 new product getting released!
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: New Lowrance - 08/18/22 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Minner Bucket
Originally Posted by Caymas Cx 21

Then explain why they introduce a huge sale, discount? 💯 new product getting released!

I’m not disputing it just wondering how and why.

Re: New Lowrance - 08/18/22 01:53 AM

Yeah hopefully they have the supply issues figured out before they drop the new tech!

Re: New Lowrance - 08/19/22 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Lowrance didn’t slash prices out of the kindness of their heart, something new is ready to be launched. Once released, gonna be some great deals on Live units and Carbon units will be that much closer to obsolete, like gen 2s and 3s are now.
Exactly, but if the stuff suddenly stops flying off the shelf they've got to pay the bills.
Posted By: LFA17

Re: New Lowrance - 08/19/22 01:06 AM

Seems like all the electronics products are catching up to demand. Been waiting for mega 360 for a long time and finally found several in stock along with helix mega+ 12's. Came in last week.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: New Lowrance - 08/19/22 01:51 AM

When they put the whole lineup on sale like that it’s because something new is about to be released. Live has been out for 3 years so it’s due for an upgrade.

Re: New Lowrance - 08/20/22 03:34 AM

One of the Lowrance guys on a liberal based forum said, “expect an announcement in November”.
Posted By: Tyler Kalishek

Re: New Lowrance - 08/22/22 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
One of the Lowrance guys on a liberal based forum said, “expect an announcement in November”.

cheers I think I know the forum you speak of roflmao
Posted By: BMCD

Re: New Lowrance - 08/22/22 01:08 PM

Yeah this is SOP before releasing a new product. Problem is do you wait which they will hopefully have inventory of the new product. Got my new boat coming in on Sept, had a feeling this was coming so i'm waiting on ordering new units.
Posted By: Basscat8263

Re: New Lowrance - 08/26/22 07:06 PM

I’m wondering if one of these graph companies will come out with a rectangle 24”-36” graph so guys could eliminate the 2 graph deal at the console.

OMG
Posted By: 206champion

Re: New Lowrance - 08/26/22 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Rayzor
Most electronics are outdated the day they hit the market. There is always something being developed. Televisions are the craziest. I wonder when they will release a 10K Super-Duper Ultra UHD set?

You are correct I was told they are working on R and D about 10 years out.

Re: New Lowrance - 08/27/22 01:39 PM

Wow I looked at Russell Marine Porducts and Lowrance is having a serious blowout sale. Something definitley coming. If I can get the ducks lined up I may order a boat in the box deal from them if they've got it.
Posted By: 78Staff

Re: New Lowrance - 08/27/22 06:49 PM

Pretty much all the Electronics Dealers are running the same discounts - Lowrances authorized the price drop to move out inventory in preperation for the next series. Might have to pickup another Live myself.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum