Texas Fishing Forum

Longview/Gladewater Area Tackle Shops

Posted By: TOMCAT21

Longview/Gladewater Area Tackle Shops - 08/12/22 07:58 PM

I have make a quick trip to Jefferson, TX next week. I will be solo so thinking of hitting some tackle shops on the way back to Granbury. What are the go-to tackle shops in the area? Thanks!
Posted By: LittleGazoo

Re: Longview//Gladewater Area Tackle Shops - 08/12/22 09:00 PM

Longview has Academy, East Texas Sonar & Solid Pawn. I like Solid Pawn.
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Longview//Gladewater Area Tackle Shops - 08/12/22 10:28 PM

The last time I fished a tournament on LOP I wound up at Academy in Longview, I didn't really look for any other sources. They had everything I needed and plenty of it at good prices.
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Longview//Gladewater Area Tackle Shops - 08/12/22 11:31 PM

Jordan has some good tackle selection at Solid Pawn
Posted By: tx6158

Re: Longview//Gladewater Area Tackle Shops - 08/12/22 11:31 PM

4:19 Tackle in Marshall. I heard today they are shutting the doors in 2 weeks. 30% mark down. They don’t have a huge selection but plenty of customs and brands that academy doesn’t have
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: Longview//Gladewater Area Tackle Shops - 08/13/22 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by tx6158
4:19 Tackle in Marshall. I heard today they are shutting the doors in 2 weeks. 30% mark down. They don’t have a huge selection but plenty of customs and brands that academy doesn’t have

Sorry to hear that. I will have to make a run over there and see what they have left.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Longview//Gladewater Area Tackle Shops - 08/13/22 06:21 PM

Wow! Barely open for 2 years and already shutting their doors? Retail business is tough for the small family owned businesses competing against the “big box corporate retail stores”. Covid, inflation, competition….. Sad 🙁! We need these family owned stores! “Another one bites the dust”.
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Longview//Gladewater Area Tackle Shops - 08/14/22 01:18 PM

East Texas Sonar has a nice tackle shop.
Posted By: Clark Reehm

Re: Longview//Gladewater Area Tackle Shops - 08/15/22 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by 361V

Wow! Barely open for 2 years and already shutting their doors? Retail business is tough for the small family owned businesses competing against the “big box corporate retail stores”. Covid, inflation, competition….. Sad 🙁! We need these family owned stores! “Another one bites the dust”.

Online retailers do more damage to local stores than the big box anymore.
Posted By: TOMCAT21

Re: Longview//Gladewater Area Tackle Shops - 08/17/22 10:17 PM

Thanks all for the recommendations. I was able to check them out today. Really wish I had seen 4:19 Tackle when it was fully stocked. I was also blown away by East Texas Sonar.
Posted By: cajuncountryman

Re: Longview//Gladewater Area Tackle Shops - 08/19/22 01:00 PM

I too was surprised how good a tackle store East Texas Sonar is.
© 2022 Texas Fishing Forum