Texas Fishing Forum

Frittside

Posted By: Jacob wilson

Frittside - 08/08/22 05:17 PM

Afternoon,
Recently I got put onto the frittside and I have gone fishing with it a couple of times and hooked into quite a few and am not a fan of the hooks i throw the biggun version and wanted to see what recommendations y’all had for replacing these hooks.
Thank you!
Posted By: H&H

Re: Frittside - 08/08/22 05:30 PM

Hooks are junk and the bills break easy. CAUGHT 50-60 bass on the first one I bought before a Grinnel(bowfin/mudfish/shoepick) broke it. Tied another one one on broke bill bent hooks on the 5th fish. They catchem but better have a sack full of them.

next
Posted By: Jacob wilson

Re: Frittside - 08/08/22 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by H&H
Hooks are junk and the bills break easy. CAUGHT 50-60 bass on the first one I bought before a Grinnel(bowfin/mudfish/shoepick) broke it. Tied another one one on broke bill bent hooks on the 5th fish. They catchem but better have a sack full of them.

Yup I get that had one of mine bills break off this weekend got about 5-6 fish in the boat out of 20 hookups but I prefer the price of 10 bucks to the usual OSP cranks I used to throw and not to mention a lot easier to find than that Japanese brand

next
Posted By: TX Bass Ninja

Re: Frittside - 08/09/22 02:55 PM

Personally I have thrown it right out of pack and have zero issues with the hooks or bills. However, I know that sometimes things happen and there are issues. I would suggest swapping the hooks for the Fusion19 Mid Shank EWG Treble I would use a size 3 for the Frittside 5 Biggun but a size 2 might fit as well . The Fusion19 is probably my favorite treble hook next to the Gamakatsu EWG Treble.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum