Texas Fishing Forum

Grading the Bass Cat Puma STS - Great Bass Boat Search Revisited

Posted By: KenTx1962

Grading the Bass Cat Puma STS - Great Bass Boat Search Revisited - 08/02/22 02:35 PM

This is part 4 in the series, grading the Puma STS

Posted By: WLBDallas

Re: Grading the Bass Cat Puma STS - Great Bass Boat Search Revisited - 08/02/22 11:44 PM

Who cares……
Posted By: LostHubbardFisherman

Re: Grading the Bass Cat Puma STS - Great Bass Boat Search Revisited - 08/03/22 01:47 AM

WLBDallas are you having a bad day?
Posted By: chickenfried76

Re: Grading the Bass Cat Puma STS - Great Bass Boat Search Revisited - 08/03/22 04:51 AM

I agree w WLB. Didn’t he buy a boat?
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Grading the Bass Cat Puma STS - Great Bass Boat Search Revisited - 08/03/22 04:54 AM

Ken- you need a new Puma STS
I’ll come get that Lynx when you are ready to upgrade

Great review…thanks for the details and the work you put into this
I’m on my 3rd Cat…
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Grading the Bass Cat Puma STS - Great Bass Boat Search Revisited - 08/03/22 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by WLBDallas
Who cares……

I do. I'm at the very early stages of replacing my current Ranger and Ken's videos are one of the the tools I'm using to help me make a decision. And no, I'm not a newbie to bass boats. Going back to the 1980's I've owned:
Thunderbolt
Infinity
Skeeter
Skeeter
Skeeter
Skeeter
Skeeter
Skeeter
Skeeter
Skeeter
Basscat
Ranger
Ranger
Ranger

Thanks Ken for the insight you bring to boat choosing. You bring up some things that I would not have thought of.
Posted By: rickys

Re: Grading the Bass Cat Puma STS - Great Bass Boat Search Revisited - 08/03/22 02:38 PM

I'm with you Texan...I've enjoyed all the boat reviews. I appreciate the reviews, and it helped me in picking out my newest boat.
Posted By: Slicefixer

Re: Grading the Bass Cat Puma STS - Great Bass Boat Search Revisited - 08/03/22 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by rickys
I'm with you Texan...I've enjoyed all the boat reviews. I appreciate the reviews, and it helped me in picking out my newest boat.

Count me as a BIG thumbs up as well.....👍 I learned a lot from Ken's boat reviews that helped me when I renovated mine.
Posted By: WLBDallas

Re: Grading the Bass Cat Puma STS - Great Bass Boat Search Revisited - 08/04/22 01:18 PM

He picked whoever gave him the best deal, like all of us would. I thought you had to pay for advertising on this site....
Posted By: tjbubba1

Re: Grading the Bass Cat Puma STS - Great Bass Boat Search Revisited - 08/04/22 01:57 PM

WLBDallas = must be a Democrat
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Grading the Bass Cat Puma STS - Great Bass Boat Search Revisited - 08/04/22 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by tjbubba1
WLBDallas = must be a Democrat

I'm thinking more in line with a snot nosed kid

Re: Grading the Bass Cat Puma STS - Great Bass Boat Search Revisited - 08/04/22 04:38 PM

He picked whoever gave him the best deal, like all of us would. I thought you had to pay for advertising on this site....

And you know this? Please expound.....
Posted By: RKT

Re: Grading the Bass Cat Puma STS - Great Bass Boat Search Revisited - 08/04/22 05:10 PM

Please tell us of these deal offers since you seem to have some insight.
Posted By: Jonah's View

Re: Grading the Bass Cat Puma STS - Great Bass Boat Search Revisited - 08/04/22 06:07 PM

I stream all my tv viewing, and usually watch via YouTube, for GoPro videos they are well done...good job Ken keep ‘em coming... thumb
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: Grading the Bass Cat Puma STS - Great Bass Boat Search Revisited - 08/04/22 08:52 PM

I doubt they gave he much of a deal, even at a discount it would be pricier than some of the others tested. I like his reviews, he isn’t obnoxious and his testing is pretty good. I don’t think he properly weighs value in his testing and value can be subjective I suppose.

Re: Grading the Bass Cat Puma STS - Great Bass Boat Search Revisited - 08/04/22 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by grandbassslayer

I doubt they gave he much of a deal, even at a discount it would be pricier than some of the others tested. I like his reviews, he isn’t obnoxious and his testing is pretty good. I don’t think he properly weighs value in his testing and value can be subjective I suppose.

Very balanced response.....👍

Ken produces very nice videos with some more interesting to me than others.... exactly as is to be expected. Yes, he has to produce quality content to build his brand and YouTube channel . Yes he has to promote sponsors who have helped him out.....that's just good business. I'll say this, he's a LOT less "promoting" then most other content providers I've watched and studied.

However, he seems very sincere in attempting to help "us" as he himself learns new info and/or is very sincere in attempting to transfer information to us that he already knows (no doubt a lot of it hard earned). What more can a person ask of a fellow passionate bass fisherman than trying to help others?

He's obviously a reasonably accomplished bass fisherman, unlike most YouTube content providers who simply steal and parrot others. Believe me, I've got more experience with the wild, wild west of social media/the internet than most and I think he does a very nice job. JMOP, but, it's a reasonably educated one.....trust me, dealing with un-accomplished basement keyboard warriors is a big PITA at times.

I do know from his previous videos that he takes the boat he's going to run very, very seriously. I also know he's run several other brands, Ranger being the previous rig he ran. It was simply smart business of him (and very informantive) to record HIS search for the correct boat for HIM.....and along the way he gave US s some information to consider in our own search. Because he did this WE don't have to get off our collective butts and go do it ourselves.

Before you ask, I've never met the man....
Posted By: 361V

Re: Grading the Bass Cat Puma STS - Great Bass Boat Search Revisited - 08/05/22 03:47 PM

Click Bait. If you don't like supporting it don’t open it.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Grading the Bass Cat Puma STS - Great Bass Boat Search Revisited - 08/05/22 10:22 PM

Great Videos, love watching them
Posted By: LHT

Re: Grading the Bass Cat Puma STS - Great Bass Boat Search Revisited - 08/06/22 02:14 AM

Ive watched most of the review videos and liked them.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Grading the Bass Cat Puma STS - Great Bass Boat Search Revisited - 08/06/22 04:11 AM

Nice review. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum