Texas Fishing Forum

Looking to be Co-angler

Posted By: Jacob wilson

Looking to be Co-angler - 07/27/22 01:56 PM

Good morning,
Looking around to see if anyone is looking for a Co-angler in DFW cool with doing tournaments but also doing this to learn more as I’m 20 and wanting to start doing tournaments soon!
Thank y’all!
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Looking to be Co-angler - 07/27/22 02:01 PM

Someone give this man a boat ride.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Looking to be Co-angler - 07/27/22 02:40 PM

Find a bass club that welcomes non boat owners. Be a good co-angler, show up on time, learn to back a trailer, don't make a mess in the boat, pay your fair share, learn stuff.

Re: Looking to be Co-angler - 07/27/22 02:43 PM

Currently got a ranger just looking to get out with other people and learn

Re: Looking to be Co-angler - 07/27/22 02:43 PM

Thanks for the advice man I’ll do some research of some local ones
Posted By: HDVS

Re: Looking to be Co-angler - 07/27/22 03:52 PM

Join a BASS nation club as co and try the ABA open series or BFL's as co. Lots of guys to learn from. BFL's are bigger fields and u will get some good and some bad in all of them but things u can learn from both.
Posted By: Ken Starling

Re: Looking to be Co-angler - 07/27/22 04:12 PM

Where do you live? There are lots of good bass clubs that allow non boaters or even guys that have boats that don’t know much.
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Looking to be Co-angler - 07/27/22 04:20 PM

I went through this about 10 years ago in my early 20s. My advice includes some of the above, join a bass club that allows non-boaters (century bass club is one) and dont be afraid to ask for advice/why you're fishing something (just read the room and see if the person is willing to share)...but most importantly, time on the water. Fish every chance you get, reach out to others you know who fish and try to fish together and learn from each other. Practice techniques and gain confidence in a few that can always be your go to.
Posted By: Barn

Re: Looking to be Co-angler - 07/27/22 04:21 PM

Look for a local bass club that has boaters and non-boaters. Ideally one that draws and pairs up partners for each tournament. It's a good way to meet folks and learn.
Posted By: HookaToad

Re: Looking to be Co-angler - 07/27/22 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jacob wilson
Good morning,
Looking around to see if anyone is looking for a Co-angler in DFW cool with doing tournaments but also doing this to learn more as I’m 20 and wanting to start doing tournaments soon!
Thank y’all!

Jacob give us a call. Tarrant Christian Bass Club. We fish DFW area and welcome co anglers. We draw each month so that you will fish with a different boater 90% of the time. Our next meeting is on Tuesday August 9th at Fun & Sun Boats in Hurst at 7:00 p.m. and our next tournament is on Saturday August 13th on Eagle Mountain from midnight to 8 a.m. and we all meet at the I-Hop at 10 pm on Friday night. We are also a Federation Nation affiliated club. Check us out on Facebook or PM me if you want further details.
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Looking to be Co-angler - 07/27/22 10:10 PM

If you can get into the MLF BFL series its an awesome place to learn this sport. $100 entry fee plus some boat gas money for your pro and you are good to go. The ABA is awesome too. I've only done two so far but I learned a ton of stuff. I got paired up with a guy that pulled down a second place finish and finished with in ounces of the winner. I learned a lot about putting together strategies and the effort it takest to catch a 25 pound bag of fish.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Looking to be Co-angler - 07/28/22 12:19 AM

If you are around Ellis Co area, send me a PM and I can get you some rides.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum