Texas Fishing Forum

Tied on a Berkley Kane Walker this morning

Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Tied on a Berkley Kane Walker this morning - 07/24/22 12:17 AM

I got up and rolled on Bob Sandlin this morning until shadows went away and had a fairly descent day boating 3 dinks and a 3 pounder, for this time of year I’ll take it. I made the first cast about 7:30 with a Pop-R, threw that a while with no interest. Chunked a Rogue for a little while but the weeds killed that idea quick. I’d gotten this Kane Walker in my SOT gift bag and decided I’d try it remembering that someone had won a major tournament on Fork throwing one. This thing can be thrown a country mile so it covers water well. About a dozen cast across a point this 3 pounder drilled it. It hit so hard that I thought I was going to have to cut the hooks out of its lips. It had all three sets of trebles buried in the hardest parts of its mouth. I’ve thrown top waters a lot but I’ve never had a fish hit this hard. i threw it for about another 30 minutes with not much action if anything, but I’m hooked. Can’t wait to do this again. I’ll be throwing it at the Berkley Tournament this year.

Attached picture EC73AD1D-7481-4670-B670-6FA35142837E.jpeg
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Tied on a Berkley Kane Walker this morning - 07/24/22 12:28 AM

clap
Posted By: JCBfromTHF

Re: Tied on a Berkley Kane Walker this morning - 07/24/22 12:29 AM

Berkley hardbaits are not as flashy as some of the over priced brands but they flat catch fish! Everything from their tiny Flicker Shad to the big Juke 128 has impressed me.
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Tied on a Berkley Kane Walker this morning - 07/24/22 12:58 AM

I’ve got a small collection of Zara Spooks in a couple of sizes and something called A Phido that is soft plastic. At times I’ve thrown those until I felt like my arms were going to fall off with absolutely no interest shown by the fish. This thing is easier to “walk the dog” it’s easy to over power but with minimal effort you can get after it. I think with the fact it pops on top of walking plus to me it more resembles an injured fish than any of the other dog walking baits I’ve used it makes it superior. I’m throwing it on 20 pound Big Game but I may step up. As big as it is at some point a monster is going to tag it. There is a big grass flat I found this morning I want to go throw it over in a couple of weeks that produced DD fish on Sandlin. They make a salt water version that appears to be the same size it just had a feathered treble on the tail.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Tied on a Berkley Kane Walker this morning - 07/24/22 01:01 AM

Nothing beats a top water blowup.
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Tied on a Berkley Kane Walker this morning - 07/25/22 12:22 PM

Yes, the Berkley top waters cast extremely well…and those Fusion hooks are some of the best trebles I’ve used.
Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: Tied on a Berkley Kane Walker this morning - 07/25/22 03:09 PM

Nice one, thanks for the report thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum