Texas Fishing Forum

your trailer choics for spinnerbaits and skirted ?ig?

Posted By: SenkoSam

your trailer choics for spinnerbaits and skirted ?ig? - 07/22/22 04:10 PM

Before Uncle Josh went out of business, I always used their #11 and #1 frog trailers and made plaster molds before they did. (Why they called them frogs I have no idea.) Though a different company now sells the frog design, I've found that a few other shapes/actions do as well, Which do you prefer?
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: your trailer choics for spinnerbaits and skirted ?ig? - 07/22/22 06:07 PM

Never use a trailer on a blade. I feel that using one dulls my ability to feel the blades turning entirely to much.
Only jig I ever use is a swimjig and the trailers vary from Craw to swimbait to beaver
Posted By: 361V

Re: your trailer choics for spinnerbaits and skirted ?ig? - 07/22/22 09:48 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: CCTX

Re: your trailer choics for spinnerbaits and skirted ?ig? - 07/22/22 10:47 PM

If you scroll through the icast items, uncle Josh is bringing back their #1 frogs.

Spinnerbaits—I use a curl tailed grub.

Swimjigs—4 inch paddle tails.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bofish

Re: your trailer choics for spinnerbaits and skirted ?ig? - 07/26/22 01:46 PM

I agree 100% with 361V!!!
Posted By: R83steve

Re: your trailer choics for spinnerbaits and skirted ?ig? - 07/26/22 06:12 PM

I use Mister Twister 4” curly tail grubs for spinnerbaits
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: your trailer choics for spinnerbaits and skirted ?ig? - 07/27/22 02:57 PM

Spinnerbaits = No trailer
Posted By: Cmack

Re: your trailer choics for spinnerbaits and skirted ?ig? - 07/27/22 05:06 PM

I use a small Dream Shot on a spinnerbait and a small Zoom or Keitech swimbait on a swim jig. When pitching and flipping a jig I prefer a Gene Larew Salty craw.
Posted By: Bissett

Re: your trailer choics for spinnerbaits and skirted ?ig? - 07/27/22 06:54 PM

I use Keitech swimbaits on my spinnerbaits.
I've been experimenting on trailers for the swimjigs and haven't found anything that I just love yet but I'll be following this thread
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: your trailer choics for spinnerbaits and skirted ?ig? - 07/28/22 02:08 AM

Chartreuse twin tail grub most of the time because I'm throwing white or a varaition of it; It adds a little more action and vibration and also allow the sinnerbait to be run slower if needed. I caught a ton of fish with this set up.
Posted By: G Love

Re: your trailer choics for spinnerbaits and skirted ?ig? - 07/28/22 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Bissett
I use Keitech swimbaits on my spinnerbaits.
I've been experimenting on trailers for the swimjigs and haven't found anything that I just love yet but I'll be following this thread

Been using the Divine by 6th Sense on 3/8 oz. Those Storm Largo for a bigger profile on a 1/2
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: your trailer choics for spinnerbaits and skirted ?ig? - 07/28/22 07:19 PM

Really depends on what Im throwing and where I am throwing it. I will go back and forth between a Keitech full size and a slim version. All depends on how high I am wanting to fish in the water column and how fast I am wanting to fish the bait. Really not a good one answer to this scenario.

Jigs are the same way. Just depends on what I am doing. Dragging, flipping, or swimming. I will go from a Full sized brush hog to a baby paca craw. Flipping I do like the chunk style baits for a supple action or a super speed craw for a faster action.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum