Texas Fishing Forum

Mega Live Target Lock

Posted By: grout-scout

Mega Live Target Lock - 07/06/22 05:44 PM

Nice feature for the bird guys.

Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Mega Live Target Lock - 07/06/22 05:58 PM

They cant even supply battery chargers, why introduce something new they wont be able to supply?
Posted By: KnotTexan

Re: Mega Live Target Lock - 07/06/22 05:59 PM

I’m not a bird guy but that is going to be bad a$$ coolio.

Posted By: BrockstaRama

Re: Mega Live Target Lock - 07/06/22 06:05 PM

It looks pretty cool. I'm just glad my 15 Helix finally got updates for mega so it'll look even better. Gonna try it this weekend
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Mega Live Target Lock - 07/06/22 06:18 PM

Honestly the hole "target lock" deal is cool and all but the most innovative part of that whole setup is the ability to pair the transducer pole to the steering of the trolling motor as well as turn independently.
Posted By: HookaToad

Re: Mega Live Target Lock - 07/06/22 07:23 PM

I am holding out for the Mega 360 Active Target Live Sonar Radar Jammer that allows you to cause screen scrambling interference of sonar units on boats within 1.5 miles of your boat. Course it requires 1.2 gigawatts of power and a flux capacitor, which I understand are on back order.....
Posted By: ZX4545

Re: Mega Live Target Lock - 07/06/22 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Caymas Cx 21
They cant even supply battery chargers, why introduce something new they wont be able to supply?

I had a warranty replacement on a 460PC that i opened on 6/15/22 and received a new 460PCL on 7/1/22... They just had a production run completed
Posted By: fishnfireman

Re: Mega Live Target Lock - 07/06/22 11:47 PM

I have a live scan for sale. hooked
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Mega Live Target Lock - 07/07/22 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Fishinfellow
Honestly the hole "target lock" deal is cool and all but the most innovative part of that whole setup is the ability to pair the transducer pole to the steering of the trolling motor as well as turn independently.

They kind of "stole" the idea from a guy in Mo that has been building a mount that mechanically does both for a few years
Posted By: woody123

Re: Mega Live Target Lock - 07/07/22 01:37 AM

I have one from Mo. it does nothing unless you do it, so get it right on that
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Mega Live Target Lock - 07/07/22 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by woody123
I have one from Mo. it does nothing unless you do it, so get it right on that

I have had one on 2 different boats for a few years and it's 100% the concept they used to make theirs. HM is just a lot more high tech.

Do you have the standard mount or do you have to all-synch as well?

Re: Mega Live Target Lock - 07/07/22 12:25 PM

is just a lot more high tech.

A LOT more.
Posted By: hurtinee04

Re: Mega Live Target Lock - 07/07/22 02:45 PM

Only problem is you have to use the piece of [censored] mega live. If you could use all the features and mount a garmin on it I would buy it.
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Mega Live Target Lock - 07/07/22 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Caymas Cx 21

My thoughts as well. I can't hardly find anything Bird or other wise. They are rolling this out and if they don't have a lot of their base products how are they going to supply the public with this technology.? The WWW shows they still make their products in Eufala, Alabama but they are probably tied to the chip manufacturers in China like nearly everything else.
The other thing I'm seeing is I think the sonar companies are about start walking a tight rope with technology. If they come with advancements that are as big a leap as the current LIVE technologies and even this new HB technology I figure at some point they are going to draw the ire of state department of wildlife and fisheries all over the country. My two cents........
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Mega Live Target Lock - 07/07/22 11:13 PM

I can't believe that they can make a profit selling all those accessories at the same price point of only $1,499.99! They've got some magical mojo going on over there at Johnson Outdoors! roflmao
Posted By: dan805

Re: Mega Live Target Lock - 07/15/22 03:10 AM

There seems to be quite a few available online, and scheels had some in stock, probably gone by now.
Posted By: Rey Basser

Re: Mega Live Target Lock - 07/15/22 03:09 PM

I am holding out for some augmented reality goggles that show me where the bass are. roflmao
Posted By: Bruce's

Re: Mega Live Target Lock - 07/15/22 03:13 PM

Putting mine on this morning,... -

Re: Mega Live Target Lock - 07/15/22 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce's

Can it be mounted on either side of the Ultrex or only the right side?
Without the 360.
Posted By: Bruce's

Re: Mega Live Target Lock - 07/15/22 05:29 PM

Have not got that far yet. just found out i am going to need another 5 port hub. So on hold till i get all the parts.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Mega Live Target Lock - 07/15/22 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by fishnfireman
Originally Posted by Bruce's

Can it be mounted on either side of the Ultrex or only the right side?
Without the 360.

Either side with or without MEGA 360 on the other side.

Re: Mega Live Target Lock - 07/15/22 08:33 PM

thumb
Posted By: RichLindgren

Re: Mega Live Target Lock - 08/01/22 07:05 PM

Looks like Omnia has a few - https://omnia.direct/HBTargetLock
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum