Texas Fishing Forum

13 Fishing reel deal....WOOT!

Posted By: avid_basser

13 Fishing reel deal....WOOT! - 07/05/22 07:12 PM

Never used these...but read some good reviews

https://sport.woot.com/offers/13-fishing-baitcast-reels-left-hand-4?ref=mwj_cd_deal_4
Posted By: boocat

Re: 13 Fishing reel deal....WOOT! - 07/05/22 07:33 PM

Always curious about 13 fishing so I jumped on this. Thanks. Never did Woot so that was new also. So it seems to be owned by Amazon so I got free shipping, another added bonus. Thanks
Posted By: HDVS

Re: 13 Fishing reel deal....WOOT! - 07/05/22 07:52 PM

It's bc they have discontinued these and have a new line coming out this week at ICAST
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: 13 Fishing reel deal....WOOT! - 07/05/22 07:54 PM

Before I went all in on Shimano I had a bunch of Concept A’s and Z’s. I liked them better than my Tatula SV TW’s.
Posted By: NTX Angler

Re: 13 Fishing reel deal....WOOT! - 07/05/22 10:02 PM

Put some high speed ceramic bearings in them then you will really have fun casting.
Posted By: dk2429

Re: 13 Fishing reel deal....WOOT! - 07/05/22 10:45 PM

That one you linked is a pile of chit. Any of those low end China made Concept reels aren't worth the box they come in.... The Korean made ones like the Concept A and higher are the best reels I've ever owned or used

That green one used to be $150. $79 ain't bad for it to be honest. 13 Fishing used to only build their high end reels, in recent years they've been coming out with all the cheap budget reels to get theirselves into that market.

If I were to rebuild my reel collection again, I'd most likely get all Concept A's. Best reel for the money IMO
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: 13 Fishing reel deal....WOOT! - 07/06/22 12:51 AM

Reels made in China typically aren’t good.

Re: 13 Fishing reel deal....WOOT! - 07/06/22 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by Fishspanker

You mean like Daiwa's, Lew's, and Abu Garcia's.
Posted By: boocat

Re: 13 Fishing reel deal....WOOT! - 07/06/22 10:03 AM

Well anyway, thanks to the O.P. it was good info for some. We now turn you over to our regularly scheduled program of Ford vs Chevy, mine is bigger than yours crowd. Enjoy, and be sure to tune in for the next exciting episode of "As the Useless Chatter Turns"

Re: 13 Fishing reel deal....WOOT! - 07/06/22 12:22 PM

What did we learn today class?

Everyone can't be happy...even when deals are thrown their way.

cheers
Posted By: ETXfisher91

Re: 13 Fishing reel deal....WOOT! - 07/06/22 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by boocat
Well anyway, thanks to the O.P. it was good info for some. We now turn you over to our regularly scheduled program of Ford vs Chevy, mine is bigger than yours crowd. Enjoy, and be sure to tune in for the next exciting episode of "As the Useless Chatter Turns"

That's all this forum is lol
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: 13 Fishing reel deal....WOOT! - 07/06/22 12:59 PM

TFF motto......"Why even view if we're not allowed to biitch"
Posted By: dk2429

Re: 13 Fishing reel deal....WOOT! - 07/06/22 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111

Daiwa builds their higher end reels in Japan… Lews, Abu, and 13 build their higher end reels in Korea. All of those companies build their lower end “grab it off the academy shelf” reels in China. There is a big difference in Japan/Korea vs China.

Re: 13 Fishing reel deal....WOOT! - 07/06/22 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by dk2429

Daiwa builds their higher end reels in Japan… Lews, Abu, and 13 build their higher end reels in Korea. All of those companies build their lower end “grab it off the academy shelf” reels in China. There is a big difference in Japan/Korea vs China.

For Daiwa’s bait casters only the Zillion is made in Japan. All the rest are made in China. Yes, even the beloved Steez and Tatulas.

Re: 13 Fishing reel deal....WOOT! - 07/06/22 04:32 PM

For Daiwa’s bait casters only the Zillion is made in Japan. All the rest are made in China. Yes, even the beloved Steez and Tatulas.

I don't think the facts help here...
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: 13 Fishing reel deal....WOOT! - 07/07/22 12:42 AM

AND THEY ARE FANTASTIC REELS
Posted By: Todd B.

Re: 13 Fishing reel deal....WOOT! - 07/07/22 01:14 AM

I have three of these reels. They take sometime to zero in but once you do they are very serviceable. Concept C is a really good reel and a few steps above these reels. As far as being better than Daiwa SV’s; come on man…
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum