Texas Fishing Forum

Livescope set up question

Posted By: McLovin’

Livescope set up question - 07/05/22 12:19 AM

What Garmin unit do I need to get to just run Livescope? I’ll have other graphs for mapping/sonar.
I’m setting up dual 12” mount for Garmin/Humminbird 360 at the bow.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Livescope set up question - 07/05/22 12:57 AM

1222 Gpsmap or higher
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Livescope set up question - 07/05/22 03:36 AM

Go with the 102sv or 126sv 10” or 12”. The touch screen is the way to go for sure
Posted By: KB1953

Re: Livescope set up question - 07/05/22 12:42 PM

Garmin 1222 GPS Map on a BBT dual bow mount. Russell Marinre should have them in stock.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Livescope set up question - 07/05/22 01:06 PM

Posted By: Barn

Re: Livescope set up question - 07/05/22 01:37 PM

I run 1222 with LiveScope and Helix 12 with Mega 360 on a BBT Dual Mount up front. I actually like the knob on the 1222. Once you have the settings tuned in the only thing that I typically adjust is the range and it's very easy/handy to adjust with the knob.
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Livescope set up question - 07/05/22 01:50 PM

I went with the 1022. Really like the knob as its quick and easy to adjust on the fly. Also before you purchase a new mount, take a look at Str8upmounts.com

Went with the inline dual mount with a 5" riser. Made very well 1/4" aluminum powder coated plate and half the cost of the BBT mount
Posted By: watermelon orange

Re: Livescope set up question - 07/05/22 03:12 PM

1222 is your best friend

call david at shut up and fish here on the site
Posted By: SRitchey

Re: Livescope set up question - 07/05/22 04:34 PM

Also before you purchase a new mount, take a look at Str8upmounts.com

Went with the inline dual mount with a 5" riser. Made very well 1/4" aluminum powder coated plate and half the cost of the BBT mount[/quote]

THIS ^^^^^^
Posted By: Medinalakeguy

Re: Livescope set up question - 07/06/22 05:37 PM

I self installed one this weekend and want to know if there's some special setup I need to do. Turned the head unit on and it seems to work, is it as simple as putting it in the water and adjusting the display?
Posted By: Barn

Re: Livescope set up question - 07/06/22 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Medinalakeguy
I self installed one this weekend and want to know if there's some special setup I need to do. Turned the head unit on and it seems to work, is it as simple as putting it in the water and adjusting the display?

You may want to check to see if you have the most recent software update. Quite a few YouTube videos that guys are showing their recommended settings. Just make sure you have the transducer orientation set the way you intend. Also, depending on your trolling motor make sure you get it lined up to match up with the direction you are pointing. If it's off a little it makes it a little confusing.

It takes a few trips to get used to the forward orientation. Anything to the right is behind. I kept wanting to cast to the right instead of farther out.

Once I got mine dialed in, I only adjust the depth range.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum