Texas Fishing Forum

Need a new boat trailer

Posted By: Happykamper

Need a new boat trailer - 06/26/22 07:47 PM

Buddy of mine has a 2008 Champion, he is wanting to get a new trailer for it, anybody know a good trailer manufacturer who could build one for a Champion 210 ? He also wants a new Mercury 250 pro xs, I have a dealer checking on one but if anyone else knows where one is please holler, thanks.
Posted By: Dognot

Re: Need a new boat trailer - 06/26/22 08:06 PM

There is a manufacture place in Haltom city, Pat Goff wrote about one in Seadrift that makes galvanized trailers. I don't think they cost much more than steel ones. Just have to do your research.
Posted By: Dognot

Re: Need a new boat trailer - 06/26/22 08:19 PM

https://www.coastlinetrailermfg.net/trailers/ Here is the one in Seadrift
http://www.roadmaster-inc.com/Products.html Haltom City.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Need a new boat trailer - 06/26/22 09:25 PM

Roadmaster
Posted By: coachmas

Re: Need a new boat trailer - 06/26/22 09:43 PM

Roadmaster website is bad. Looks like something from 20 years ago. I’m sure they stay busy enough without online sales, but dang, I know high kids that could design something better and more user friendly.

For the record, I have an 04 champion and have been looking to buy a new trailer as well. About 90% sure I’m going with Coastline in Seadrift. Plan on pulling the trigger next week

Re: Need a new boat trailer - 06/26/22 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by coachmas
Roadmaster website is bad. Looks like something from 20 years ago. I’m sure they stay busy enough without online sales, but dang, I know high kids that could design something better and more user friendly.

For the record, I have an 04 champion and have been looking to buy a new trailer as well. About 90% sure I’m going with Coastline in Seadrift. Plan on pulling the trigger next week

I had Roadmaster build one for my Triton Tr 21. I'm happy with it and you can customize it however you want
Posted By: champRD

Re: Need a new boat trailer - 06/27/22 12:58 AM

There is McClain trailers in Houston that make some nice aluminum trailers. Not sure about costs now but they used to build a custom trailer at a fair price.
Posted By: BigTxBassMan

Re: Need a new boat trailer - 06/27/22 04:23 AM

I bought a Roadmaster for ‘98 Ranger and I couldn’t be happier. Excellent quality at a fair price.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Need a new boat trailer - 06/27/22 10:00 AM

Coastline makes great trailers. Mostly for saltwater boats. Not sure if they will make one for the Champ or not. Give them a call. Pretty easy folks to work with.

They make trailers for all the Majek boats. I really like mine for the 22 Extreme.
Posted By: Bass98

Re: Need a new boat trailer - 06/27/22 11:57 AM

Might look at EZ trac too. Only had one myself for about a year but so far so good.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Need a new boat trailer - 06/27/22 01:17 PM

Tell him to buy a Basscat trailer and have it modified. By far best trailers out there

Re: Need a new boat trailer - 06/27/22 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Ranger1
Tell him to buy a Basscat trailer and have it modified. By far best trailers out there

Seems like Cat builds a hybrid boat that has a Champ hull, wonder if it is a 210 ? And you are correct, really like the Cat trailers.
Posted By: Barbers Tree

Re: Need a new boat trailer - 06/27/22 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by BigTxBassMan
I bought a Roadmaster for ‘98 Ranger and I couldn’t be happier. Excellent quality at a fair price.

Road master was what was under my dad's 89 Ranger. Was on the third axle when i sold it in 2019. Great great trailer.
Posted By: coachmas

Re: Need a new boat trailer - 06/27/22 09:19 PM

I was told Roadmaster is 6month back order today when I called.
Posted By: Mp Rock

Re: Need a new boat trailer - 06/27/22 09:23 PM

Texall Trailers in Montgomery. I am on year 7 with no issues. Vault hubs, torsion axles, bolted trailer.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Need a new boat trailer - 06/27/22 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Ranger1

I had a Basscat. Nice trailer. A few rust issues. Between Coastline and Basscat I would take the Coastline even if it was just for a Bass boat in fresh water .

Re: Need a new boat trailer - 06/28/22 01:16 AM

Was told the same today.
Posted By: Chad Miller

Re: Need a new boat trailer - 06/28/22 03:25 AM

So BassCat will sell trailers for other boat models?
Posted By: machinist

Re: Need a new boat trailer - 06/28/22 04:24 AM

Check with Steve Smith. He is ssmith on here he always has a bunch of new trailers. His place is between Windthorst and Scotland

Re: Need a new boat trailer - 06/28/22 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by machinist
Check with Steve Smith. He is ssmith on here he always has a bunch of new trailers. His place is between Windthorst and Scotland

I know Steve, I did see where he had several for sale awhile back, will check with him, thks.
Posted By: CCS

Re: Need a new boat trailer - 06/28/22 12:47 PM

Coastline makes a great trailer. They already have specs for a lot of the Champs, maybe they'll have the 210 info already. Had them build one for mine in Feb '21. I set up a build date, drove down the evening before, and drove back the next afternoon with a new trailer. Was super easy! It's the easiest loading and good pulling trailer I think I've had. FWIW
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Need a new boat trailer - 06/28/22 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Happykamper
Originally Posted by machinist

I know Steve, I did see where he had several for sale awhile back, will check with him, thks.

He sold me a new skeeter trailer, but we got lucky. He and I both admit it. Times are f-ed up. Thanks Joe.

Re: Need a new boat trailer - 06/28/22 01:36 PM

That's the way i would go. I had them total refurbish the trailer in 2017. Paint,Led lights,fenders,bunk boards and brackets,jack,winch,hubs, new tires. The only thing that didn't get replaced was the axle and it was replaced in 2016.

Re: Need a new boat trailer - 06/28/22 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Barbers Tree

That's the way i would go. I had them total refurbish the trailer in 2017. Paint,Led lights,fenders,bunk boards and brackets,jack,winch,hubs, new tires. The only thing that didn't get replaced was the axle and it was replaced in 2016.

I think he would be in for a total refurbish if he could find someone to do it, not sure where or how he would store his boat while the trailer is worked on, guess he could rent a slip for a couple weeks.

Re: Need a new boat trailer - 06/28/22 04:07 PM

Roadmaster refurbished a buddy's. Before they built my new trailer I had to take my boat off to have cross members welded. I got a bunch of old tires from a tire shop and set it on them

Re: Need a new boat trailer - 06/28/22 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Happykamper
Originally Posted by Barbers Tree

I think he would be in for a total refurbish if he could find someone to do it, not sure where or how he would store his boat while the trailer is worked on, guess he could rent a slip for a couple weeks.

They have lifts there where the boats are placed on dolly's and moved into the warehouse to where ever they want.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum