Texas Fishing Forum

Overs on Fork for TTO and Media

Posted By: Tiltman

Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/21/22 07:11 PM

Something like 8-9 between both events, pretty impressive for summer.

Way to go to those anglers
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/21/22 10:00 PM

Looks like Rob Terkla, aka "Lunkers Tv", won the Media tourney
Posted By: TajChauvin

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/21/22 11:12 PM

I saw those guys listed in both events but did not see the over in TTO. I struggled but caught a football of a slot fish. It was somewhere between 7 and 8 pounds at 22 inches but the sun killed my scale.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/22/22 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Douglas J
Looks like Rob Terkla, aka "Lunkers Tv", won the Media tourney

Frank might lose sleep over that.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/22/22 10:52 AM

Those TTO guys are good! Seriously, Media is filled with locals and Fork regulars, you’d expect to see them do well. Look through the TTO field. These guys travel to different lakes and flat smash em. No doubt if you want to fish against the best our area has to offer TTO is where it’s at. 25 lbs to win Tawakoni, 30 lbs to win Ray Bob, 29 lbs to win PK, 18 lbs to win fork and 8.88 to get paid…. Pretty darn impressive.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/22/22 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by buda13
Those TTO guys are good! Seriously, Media is filled with locals and Fork regulars, you’d expect to see them do well. Look through the TTO field. These guys travel to different lakes and flat smash em. No doubt if you want to fish against the best our area has to offer TTO is where it’s at. 25 lbs to win Tawakoni, 30 lbs to win Ray Bob, 29 lbs to win PK, 18 lbs to win fork and 8.88 to get paid…. Pretty darn impressive.

This!

Been watching these trails since moving here and know that I would need to be on a consistent 15+ lbs every event to stay relevant.
Posted By: Jons3825

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/22/22 03:46 PM

TTO top team had 2 overs.

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/22/22 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jons3825

impressive
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/22/22 05:05 PM

Lots of drama floating around with the "overs" caught in Media. They weren't bumped or measured. Rob and his partner won Media, then took their bag to TTO and their over was about 1/2" short. Several anglers talked to Gordon about the overs in Media, but not sure whats been done about it. Kinda hard to take money back this far out.
Not good on Media's side at all!

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/22/22 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Sinkey
. They weren't bumped or measured.

um.......what?
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/22/22 05:13 PM

Lots of drama floating around with the "overs" caught in Media. They weren't bumped or measured. Rob and his partner won Media, then took their bag to TTO and their over was about 1/2" short. Several anglers talked to Gordon about the overs in Media, but not sure whats been done about it. Kinda hard to take money back this far out.

But did the check bounce?

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/22/22 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Tiltman
. They weren't bumped or measured.

um.......what?

Nope.

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/22/22 05:29 PM

Don't see that often. And for each angler to catch one.

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/22/22 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Chris B

Yes, not easy to do, and you dont see it too often! Congrats to both of them!!!!!!

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/22/22 05:33 PM

Burns brothers in Basschamps are the only team I can recall to weigh 2 since they each have to be caught by a different angler. I seem to recall Ed Blackburn having to release and over in a team tournament because he caught the first one too. That was years ago… maybe in Super team?
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/22/22 05:46 PM

Burns brothers in Basschamps are the only team I can recall to weigh 2 since they each have to be caught by a different angler. I seem to recall Ed Blackburn having to release and over in a team tournament because he caught the first one too. That was years ago… maybe in Super team?

I think John Byler and Matt France each caught an over in a fairly recent Bass Champs on Fork that they won.
Posted By: 210xtreme

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/22/22 06:56 PM

2nd place over was measured in media
Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/22/22 09:49 PM

I was still at TTO weigh in when their fish was brought up. Darryl measured it on both sides at least 2 times each, then let the angler (not Terkla) measure it. Fish obviously did not go. Not sure what board Media uses but our over measured basically exactly the same on a check it stick and pro rule board.
Posted By: Basskicker907

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/23/22 12:51 AM

Watch the video that Terkla and company posted on youtube. They knowingly put a slot in the livewell hoping it would shrink. Should be ticketed for that.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/23/22 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by Basskicker907

Watch the video that Terkla and company posted on youtube. They knowingly put a slot in the livewell hoping it would shrink. Should be ticketed for that.

You made me go watch one of his videos, dang you! It's suspect what they did, he admitted they caught it 'earlier'. But he passed the Lie Detector (presumably because they didn't ask about it). In his outtro, he avoids mentioning they got the big fish DQ'ed from the other trail.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/23/22 03:00 AM

A problem at Media, that's shocking roflmao

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/23/22 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by WAWI
A problem at Media, that's shocking roflmao

popcorn

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/23/22 11:33 AM

Link?
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/23/22 12:14 PM

But did the check bounce?

Many have and still bouncing.
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/23/22 12:38 PM

Dang. Been lots of drama in the Media tournaments this year. This is the first I have heard about the checks bouncing though. When did that happen?

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/23/22 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
Dang. Been lots of drama in the Media tournaments this year. This is the first I have heard about the checks bouncing though. When did that happen?

DO some searching, send some PM's... just please do not get that started in the open forum again... pretty pretty please.
Posted By: jiggmann

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/23/22 02:39 PM

Never had a check bounce flish media and love it you don’t like it keep your damn mouth shut and move on.Bunch of drama starters on this forum usuallysame 5 or 10 need to get out and fish for the real thing more instead of a keyboard
Freakin TFF KARENS!!!
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/23/22 02:54 PM

DO some searching, send some PM's... just please do not get that started in the open forum again... pretty pretty please.

I'm not that worried about it Mr moderator. Can think of a million different ways I'd rather waste 10 minutes.
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/23/22 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by jiggmann
Never had a check bounce flish media and love it you don’t like it keep your damn mouth shut and move on.Bunch of drama starters on this forum usuallysame 5 or 10 need to get out and fish for the real thing more instead of a keyboard
Freakin TFF KARENS!!!

The guys out west in the southwest and west division has 27 check from last year that haven’t been paid, glad you got your money.

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/23/22 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Caymas Cx 21
Freakin TFF KARENS!!!

The guys out west in the southwest and west division has 27 check from last year that haven’t been paid, glad you got your money.

Ouch

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/23/22 04:11 PM

I hate to pick on Gordon but I am still trying to understand not measuring and over, no one in the crowd said "Time Out!" ?

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/23/22 04:11 PM

I'm not that worried about it Mr moderator. Can think of a million different ways I'd rather waste 10 minutes.

Didn't mean to have DO all caps... New laptop and keyboard is shifted a little to the left and throws me off.

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/23/22 04:15 PM

Freakin TFF KARENS!!!

You seem to be the only one here agitated by it. Kinda KAREN-esk action on your part...

It's great you have received your payments timely and had nothing but above average experience with Media. I too have not had any issues and enjoy fishing the events Tommy puts on. However with that said there are more than a few that do not share your experience, and as this is a fishing community it has been shared to make others aware. There is nothing compulsory for you to contribute, next time maybe just keep scrolling by as to not fan the flames of a touchy subject.

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/23/22 04:43 PM

I hate to pick on Gordon but I am still trying to understand not measuring and over, no one in the crowd said "Time Out!" ?

Some other guy was doing the weighing. Not Gordon. But they did express their feelings on the situation.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/23/22 04:46 PM

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/23/22 04:56 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/23/22 05:03 PM

Some other guy was doing the weighing. Not Gordon. But they did express their feelings on the situation.

ahhh ok that makes more sense, as long as Gordon has been doing that it just seemed way unusual

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/23/22 05:20 PM

So where’s this video? Surely the angler let mediabass know that his fish was short and returned the money.

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/23/22 06:00 PM

Freakin TFF KARENS!!!

You seem to be the only one here agitated by it. Kinda KAREN-esk action on your part...

I was thinking the same thing!

Last I checked this is a fishing forum open to discuss fishing and fishing issues. Dont think anyone was getting fired up about anything til you came along in here.

And btw, on the guys needing to get out and fish, I know half the dudes on this thread besides myself.....and I'd be willing to bet we all fish WAY MORE than you think!

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/23/22 07:14 PM

Freakin TFF KARENS!!!

I was thinking the same thing!

Last I checked this is a fishing forum open to discuss fishing and fishing issues. Dont think anyone was getting fired up about anything til you came along in here.

And btw, on the guys needing to get out and fish, I know half the dudes on this thread besides myself.....and I'd be willing to bet we all fish WAY MORE than you think!

Nobody fishes anymore fish

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/23/22 08:42 PM

Middle of summer/winter people get jumpy
Posted By: Rescue Fire

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/23/22 09:22 PM

You would be 100% incorrect on that memory. I caught the over in the Super Team event. Later in the day, he had the biggest fish on that we have ever seen and he has 60+ over 10 out of Fork with a 14 and two 13's. Fish came unbuttoned just out of net range and the jig nearly hit me in the eye.

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/23/22 09:31 PM

It was a long time ago, thanks for correcting me Alton. Pretty awesome that Byler and France did it too. Guess it’s happened more than I thought. Has anyone ever weighed 2 overs on the same day in McD’s or any of those hourly big bass tournaments?
Posted By: Rescue Fire

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/23/22 09:37 PM

Haha, I didn't mean to sound a-holish. I don't fish events anymore but I do remember a media event where a team weighed in 2 overs several years back. Can't remember their names but I remember one of them saying that he caught a 3rd over and actually culled his own over. That was one helluva day for those guys. I hate that there are still issues with Media events. I don't have anything to add other than I've fished a bunch of em and Gordon seems like a very nice guy that tries to be fair and honest.
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/24/22 12:20 PM

I remember the good old days at Fork with the old Slot. Me and partner Bill at the time would fish the Axtons night tournaments and you could weigh in two overs at midnight and two overs in the morning weigh in and it was not unusual for teams to weigh in 4 overs. In fact me and Bill weighed in 4 overs once and didn't have anything to go with them and didn't even get a check. We pulled up right at daylight in the mouth of Caney and started throwing 10" Power Worms and caught 5 overs in about 30 minuites during that tournament after both catching an over within a minuite of each other on DD22's right before dark at the start of the tournament. I am probably in the small minority but would love to see that old 21" slot come back.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/24/22 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by David Burton

You made me go watch one of his videos, dang you! It's suspect what they did, he admitted they caught it 'earlier'. But he passed the Lie Detector (presumably because they didn't ask about it). In his outtro, he avoids mentioning they got the big fish DQ'ed from the other trail.

Maybe I missed something but they put a fish that they say measured 24” on one side in the well. Rob made a simple comment that he hopes it does not shrink in the well? I’m not sure what’s wrong with that?
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/24/22 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Maybe I missed something but they put a fish that they say measured 24” on one side in the well. Rob made a simple comment that he hopes it does not shrink in the well? I’m not sure what’s wrong with that?

It was a comment made when they turned the camera back on and he said, "go ahead and release it." He then went on to explain that they caught a fish earlier that touched the line, and it isn't allowed to touch the line. They hoped it would shrink in the livewell... then they patted themselves on the back for doing the right thing.
It's unclear as to whether they put it on the livewell and remeasured a bit of time later, or if they were just releasing it. There was a cull tag around at the time, so that's part of the puzzle.
Posted By: Basskicker907

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/24/22 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)
[quote=David Burton]

It was a comment made when they turned the camera back on and he said, "go ahead and release it." He then went on to explain that they caught a fish earlier that touched the line, and it isn't allowed to touch the line. They hoped it would shrink in the livewell... then they patted themselves on the back for doing the right thing.
It's unclear as to whether they put it on the livewell and remeasured a bit of time later, or if they were just releasing it. There was a cull tag around at the time, so that's part of the puzzle.

From what I heard and how I understand it, they boxed a fish in the slot and hoped it would shrink. They later released that fish adn patted themselves on the back for doing what's right. They broke the law and kept a slot fish, should be ticketed.
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/24/22 09:43 PM

From what I heard and how I understand it, they boxed a fish in the slot and hoped it would shrink. They later released that fish adn patted themselves on the back for doing what's right. They broke the law and kept a slot fish, should be ticketed.

Sure appears to be the case.

I'm more concerned about them winning one tournament with an "over" that didn't measure up at the next tournament, and walking away with the cash.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/24/22 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by sprigsss

Sure appears to be the case.

I'm more concerned about them winning one tournament with an "over" that didn't measure up at the next tournament, and walking away with the cash.

Don't know them but adding up both these incidents - I come up with a poor opinion of their ethics and morals.
Posted By: JCBfromTHF

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/24/22 10:56 PM

I noticed the differences in weight on the Media site and TTO site. I honestly didnt know why there was such a huge difference in the two weights for the same bag of fish so I asked him in the comments section of the video what was up with that. Think I asked that question 2 days ago and have not seen a response to that question. I figured maybe it was a dead fish and Media allowed it and TTO didnt. After finding this thread I guess I found the answer to my own question.

I am one of the few here that has been in the Googan Squads corner through all the hate on this forum, but that does not look good if he was in fact bragging about a win while knowing he weighed in a short fish.
Posted By: Joel McBride

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media - 06/25/22 04:40 AM

I know nothing about the Googan squad but I do know if catch an over that barely measures then weight that 1 fish in. If you catch one that is barely over 16 inches then you put the fish back in the water period. You absolutely do not put a fish in the livewell that is barely over 16 inches period. We had 4 that were between 16 and 17 inches and 2 were just barely over 16 inches. They were released as they should be.

I hate cheaters and I've always believed it was a very, very rare event. Robber Rose stole a tourney from us on LL and I really believed that guy for a long time. That he was that good and he was just a cheater the whole time.

I still believe the overwhelming majority are just honest people trying to do the best they can.

I look up to Kernan, Romans and their partners along with alot of others that I know are just great fisherman. I'll throw my partner in that group as well. Rome is a bass fishing machine. So many others I could name.

Jeremy and Branden just get lucky lol. My cousin Jeremy Whitson is as good as anyone also.l Those guys are top notch along with Menees, McClendon,Temple. Ok I'm done.

Xcite bait guys go in that group. So many great anglers out there fishing against the top in our area.

Doing this on my phone is difficult and I know I missed alot of great fisherman that are totally honest and wouldn't cheat anyone. All of these guys would give you the shirt off their back.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum