Texas Fishing Forum

Ivie Reports

Posted By: JJHunts

Ivie Reports - 06/14/22 04:25 PM

Heading to the family ranch by Winters for a wedding this weekend and wanted to take an extra day to fish Ivie before she dries all the way up again. Have not been on the lake since 2014 and that was the first time since 2001.

I grew up fishing it when it still had Hydrilla and when it was a new lake. I am not looking for spots, (but, will take them if you want to PM them. LOL!) Just really looking for over all patterns, techniques, target depths, basically general info that's a little more detailed then TPWD's lovely reports. If you would like to share this in PM as well I would greatly appreciate it. If you find your self in a bind on PK or any of the far NW TX lakes I will certainly repay any favors.

Thanks in advance,

JJ
Posted By: bockscar

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/14/22 04:29 PM

I suggest removing the JJ at the end of the post. when it comes to an Ivie thread.....thats a recipe for disaster imo 🤔 roflmao

Joking aside...I hope you catch a mondo!

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/14/22 04:39 PM

Yeah, can’t help my initials and last name are the same. Been a member here way before he was a known man. Didn’t think about that, but different dude!

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/14/22 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by JJHunts
Yeah, can’t help my initials and last name are the same. Been a member here way before he was a known man. Didn’t think about that, but different dude!

Im jk man! im sure youll get some help! I know i did when I reached out...definitely cool people on here who dont mind sharing a little of their local knowledge thankfully!
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/14/22 05:06 PM

Topwater in the mornings and find the hard drop off points later in the day to drag. Salt Cedars are full of zebra mussels right now, so be prepared to get heart broken, but the fish are in there.

Anything from 17' deep to the bank is going to be full on cedars so look for the bare spots.
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/14/22 05:26 PM

Top waters and suspending jerkbaits early then put on your favorite soft plastic with some red in it and fish brush 15’ and deeper to try to avoid the zebra mussels.

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/14/22 05:50 PM

Thank you, Gents!! did not know the Zebras got so bad. Dealt with them a lot at Bridgeport & Texoma. Makes the water pretty, but sure does lead to some break offs. Is there any shad spawn still going on?
Posted By: heb-bass

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/14/22 08:24 PM

Swimbaits for a giant.
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/14/22 10:34 PM

Got pretty reliable info from a few people that know the lake better than most and it’s been tough and getting tougher.

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/15/22 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by J.H.S.
Got pretty reliable info from a few people that know the lake better than most and it’s been tough and getting tougher.

You fish that lake pretty often, right? If you were fishing it this weekend what would you be tossing, around what kinda cover?

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/15/22 01:14 AM

Either a giant 8-9 inch saltwater topwater, or maybe a 12 inch worm if I was going over there. Maybe flip some deeper trees upriver. Idk. I live 40 mins away and hadn’t been over since early May. I just been told it was tough. Know a guy over there two days with 1 bite, and another that was over there 3-5 times a week that is going other places. Tough time of year to be there but the big ones are still around. Maybe get lucky and put it on front of one, maybe not.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/15/22 02:07 AM

Either a giant 8-9 inch saltwater topwater, or maybe a 12 inch worm if I was going over there. Maybe flip some deeper trees upriver. Idk. I live 40 mins away and hadn’t been over since early May. I just been told it was tough. Know a guy over there two days with 1 bite, and another that was over there 3-5 times a week that is going other places. Tough time of year to be there but the big ones are still around. Maybe get lucky and put it on front of one, maybe not.

Looks like Josh Jones is still catching them according to his reports
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/15/22 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by Douglas J

He hasn’t been here in a week, don’t believe everything he post timewise.

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/15/22 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by Caymas Cx 21

He hasn’t been here in a week, don’t believe everything he post timewise.

thumb

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/15/22 03:04 AM

First off not really sure if you’re trying to disprove me or something. Just sharing what I was told by a couple of reputable locals as well as my experience. Second, this may hurt your feelings, but don’t believe everything you see on fb. Things aren’t always as they seem.

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/15/22 03:27 AM

First off not really sure if you’re trying to disprove me or something. Just sharing what I was told by a couple of reputable locals as well as my experience. Second, this may hurt your feelings, but don’t believe everything you see on fb. Things aren’t always as they seem.

I was just stating what I saw posted online. Him and a couple of DFW guides post a lot about Ivie.

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/15/22 03:40 AM

Don’t want guys getting in argument based on my original post. As for Josh Jones, I passed him in Wichita Falls last week headed South on I44…. I don’t do the Facebook thing and not 1,000% sure but I bet he was heading there.

That said, I appreciate all the info and expected a tough bite. It is the season unless you find them ganged up. 25 years ago I could tell you a lot, not so much anymore.

I am just ready for a West Tx sunset, a breakfast burrito and a day in the water.

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/15/22 03:56 AM

I was just stating what I saw posted online. Him and a couple of DFW guides post a lot about Ivie.

Then don’t tag my comment because it makes you seem like you’re trying to be condescending. I stated what I was told. If you have another report post it and leave me out of it because I don’t care what those guys are posting.

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/15/22 10:13 AM

This is my observation, I’ve seen Kyle Hall on the water with customers on a regular basis lately, I’ve seen Jones on the water a few times and he is solo so I don’t know how much actual guiding he does. He posted a pic of a 12 Saturday before last and wasn’t even here. funny thing was he posted the exact same fish wearing the exact same clothes in the exact same spot 6 days prior on a different SM platform.
Posted By: T54

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/15/22 02:37 PM

He posted one wearing a beanie this week, so yeah I think he is recycling some old catches
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/15/22 04:58 PM

Don’t want guys getting in argument based on my original post. As for Josh Jones, I passed him in Wichita Falls last week headed South on I44…. I don’t do the Facebook thing and not 1,000% sure but I bet he was heading there.

That said, I appreciate all the info and expected a tough bite. It is the season unless you find them ganged up. 25 years ago I could tell you a lot, not so much anymore.

I am just ready for a West Tx sunset, a breakfast burrito and a day in the water.

Since jerry sold elm you better make your own burrito cause the food at elm has gone to hell.
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/15/22 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI

Since jerry sold elm you better make your own burrito cause the food at elm has gone to hell.

I really liked Jerry, but i couldnt disagree with this comment any more than i do.

The food is as good as it ever was IMO.

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/15/22 05:55 PM

Like anywhere it depends who’s cooking, Jerry was way more consistent. It’s a hit or miss now, just like the gas pumps, one day they work next day they don’t.
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/15/22 06:57 PM

Its crazy that the owner just allows the out of town guides to block the gas pumps every morning and have a little party on the front patio while signing autographs.... . I ALMOST got one.
Posted By: 21elite

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/15/22 11:55 PM

Their breakfast burritos suck

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/16/22 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Barrett

Its crazy that the owner just allows the out of town guides to block the gas pumps every morning and have a little party on the front patio while signing autographs.... . I ALMOST got one.

Are you saying that idiots actually get autographs from the ivie bunch? Lol

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/16/22 12:09 AM

Like anywhere it depends who’s cooking, Jerry was way more consistent. It’s a hit or miss now, just like the gas pumps, one day they work next day they don’t.

Are the bathrooms still "out of order"...... if I cant use the bathroom and wash my hands I just dont spend money in a place.

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/16/22 12:12 AM

Are the bathrooms still "out of order"...... if I cant use the bathroom and wash my hands I just dont spend money in a place.

Have no idea, don’t go there unless I absolutely have too and would rather chit in the parking lot trash can then use their bathrooms.

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/16/22 12:14 AM

He was wanting to spoon with them but they refused the offer! roflmao
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/16/22 12:26 AM

I was ready to grab some pony tails and twist some mustaches… even told em I’d wear a hoodie too and they refused.

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/16/22 12:29 AM

roflmaodid they know who you were? You think a legendary figure of your status would get to the front of the line. Hell they should get your autograph....
Posted By: wh2004

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/16/22 12:41 AM

Day 1 of a 2 day 30 team tournament on the lake today.

1st place 13.78 after today.
Only 4 bags over 10 pounds.
Wife and I are in 12th with 4.8

Caught a lot of fish but could only weigh 2 under 18”. Overs were hard to come by.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/16/22 12:56 AM

CX 21 out there signing ball caps and t shirts

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/16/22 12:57 AM

ive Autographed boobs from a wake boat hoochie!

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/16/22 12:59 AM

I was ready to grab some pony tails and twist some mustaches… even told em I’d wear a hoodie too and they refused.

You forgot the Hey dudes and nerd socks!
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/16/22 01:05 AM

wopics

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/16/22 01:43 AM

You forgot the Hey dudes and nerd socks!

I'm not a fan of hey dudes. I dont think people should wear them

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/16/22 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Minner Bucket

wopics

thumb

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/16/22 01:50 AM

Dang, what a fishing report thread can turn to. Crazy! Someone owes me waypoints with all this comedy!

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/16/22 02:04 AM

Dang, what a fishing report thread can turn to. Crazy! Someone owes me waypoints with all this comedy!

I got lots of them for sale! I’ll even autograph the SD card bolt

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/16/22 02:30 AM

Perfect my # is “867-5309”. I will pay for it. I actually think we know each other. Been a long time but I would bet $.. you ran Triton’s for a longtime.

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/16/22 02:32 AM

Perfect my # is “867-5309”. I will pay for it. I actually think we know each other. Been a long time but I would bet $.. you ran Triton’s for a longtime.

Yes sir
Posted By: Rickmb

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/16/22 01:55 PM

Fished a club tournament this last weekend. We had big numbers on Saturday with calmer winds and a killer top water bite. Caught some bigger fish on chatterbait and worm.
Sunday was a tougher top water bite with the wind up but I managed a 5.20 lb on a top water. We had good numbers and a few over 18" on chatterbaits. We didn't fish worms much on Sunday.

Bone colored Zara Spook. White/shad Jack Hammer chatterbait with white rage swimmer trailer or something similar. Redbug worms. Good luck

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/16/22 03:52 PM

Yes sir

You will know him cause he drives around the lake shooting the bird at people..... truth!

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/16/22 04:34 PM

Yes sir

You will know him cause he drives around the lake shooting the bird at people..... truth!

You got that and a full moon as well.

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/17/22 12:36 AM

Can’t wait to see you. Give me the one finger salute. LOL!!! Just kidding PM me if you have time, I want to make sure I am talking to the right triton, I mean Caymus owner! Regardless your a legend down there as you should be!
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/17/22 01:25 AM

Can’t wait to see you. Give me the one finger salute. LOL!!! Just kidding PM me if you have time, I want to make sure I am talking to the right triton, I mean Caymus owner! Regardless your a legend down there as you should be!

If the Triton owner you are thinking about is a giant d*ckhead. Then you got the right guy. roflmao

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/17/22 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by Dubee

If the Triton owner you are thinking about is a giant d*ckhead. Then you got the right guy. roflmao

Hey I’ve been called worse! Wife says I was born an arsehole and grew bigger! Need you to spray my house at the lake when you go that direction please sir.
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/17/22 01:44 AM

So much love !

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/17/22 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Tiltman
So much love !

Tough love
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Ivie Reports - 06/17/22 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by Dubee

Hey I’ve been called worse! Wife says I was born an arsehole and grew bigger! Need you to spray my house at the lake when you go that direction please sir.

I can do that. Just don't know when I'll be there. I'm thinking about coming down to go night fishing in a few weeks. I'll let you know
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum