Texas Fishing Forum

Eagle Mountain Lake!

Posted By: Roland.R

Eagle Mountain Lake! - 06/14/22 02:36 AM

trying to find some good spots on that lake to fish for Bass. I fish out of a kayak, so can't run up and down the lake lol. Any help would be appreciated! Side note, love fishing the cover in shallow areas but in that heat I know I might have to find the fish in deeper water.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Eagle Mountain Lake! - 06/14/22 03:00 PM

Go to the jungle
Posted By: Dbrit83

Re: Eagle Mountain Lake! - 06/14/22 03:24 PM

Docks is where most of them are caught on that lake, it has too much pressure so most people struggle on it including me even though I live 200 yds from it.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Eagle Mountain Lake! - 06/14/22 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Dbrit83
A handful of the RIGHT docks is where most of them are caught on that lake, it has too much pressure so most people struggle on it including me even though I live 200 yds from it.

FIFY
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Eagle Mountain Lake! - 06/14/22 07:29 PM

EM and Texoma are on my short list of lakes that should be drained....
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Eagle Mountain Lake! - 06/14/22 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Fish Killer
EM and Texoma are on my short list of lakes that should be drained....

Lol it gets tough on them sometimes.

Re: Eagle Mountain Lake! - 06/15/22 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by Dbrit83
A handful of the RIGHT docks is where most of them are caught on that lake, it has too much pressure so most people struggle on it including me even though I live 200 yds from it.

FIFY

I have definitely not found the 'RIGHT' docks lol
Posted By: carlots

Re: Eagle Mountain Lake! - 06/16/22 02:04 PM

i know everyone thinks EM is a bad lake but it usually takes a 23 to 25lb bag to win a tournament. that said i also find it difficult to fish.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Eagle Mountain Lake! - 06/16/22 06:19 PM

This guy thinks the lake is okay

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Eagle Mountain Lake! - 06/16/22 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas J

[Linked Image]

Holy hole in a donut Batman, this is a good one

Re: Eagle Mountain Lake! - 06/16/22 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Ranger1

[Linked Image]

16 pounds eeks

Re: Eagle Mountain Lake! - 06/16/22 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Ranger1

[Linked Image]

16 pounds eeks

He caught that in the VFW tournament out there, he has a few spots that produce, he caught a good sack the tournament out there before this one.
Posted By: C_Fisher

Re: Eagle Mountain Lake! - 06/17/22 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Roland.R
trying to find some good spots on that lake to fish for Bass. I fish out of a kayak, so can't run up and down the lake lol. Any help would be appreciated! Side note, love fishing the cover in shallow areas but in that heat I know I might have to find the fish in deeper water.

if you're in a kayak, stay close to wesbay marina. lots of good fish released in there every tuesday night...

Re: Eagle Mountain Lake! - 06/19/22 02:48 AM

I heard a crazy rumor about the tues nighter at EM.

Interesting if the story will surface or not
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Eagle Mountain Lake! - 06/19/22 03:01 AM

Spill it, or PM me. I'm interested.
Posted By: TCCowboy64

Re: Eagle Mountain Lake! - 06/19/22 04:24 PM

I had 16.51 lbs. 3 fish limit.. Lake is OK to me..It all depends. Ive caught em and been skunked. If was easy every time, it wouldn't fun when you do sack em up.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Eagle Mountain Lake! - 06/19/22 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by TCCowboy64
I had 16.51 lbs. 3 fish limit.. Lake is OK to me..It all depends. Ive caught em and been skunked. If was easy every time, it wouldn't fun when you do sack em up.

That's a damn good 3 fish limit. Well done
Posted By: teamron

Re: Eagle Mountain Lake! - 06/19/22 04:59 PM

Heard the same thing, I agree if it will surface or not
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Eagle Mountain Lake! - 06/19/22 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by teamron

C’Mon ladies. Spill the gossip!
Posted By: FishAdmirer

Re: Eagle Mountain Lake! - 06/20/22 03:42 AM

It can be tough on EM for sure, especially with all the summer boat traffic. I hit it at sunrise during the warmer months. I am getting more bites per trip with experience, but it is a grind at times. I’d focus on marinas, coves and docks. Finesse type baits usually work best for me. I find that places that look like they should hold bass… often don’t. Best wishes.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Eagle Mountain Lake! - 06/20/22 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by teamron

C’Mon ladies. Spill the gossip!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: buda13

Re: Eagle Mountain Lake! - 06/20/22 05:49 PM

They’re sucking EM dry to hold Worth at current level. At what level will they open up Bridgeport to replenish EM? Eagle currently at -2.24 and dropping.
Posted By: ReelSlow

Re: Eagle Mountain Lake! - 06/20/22 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by buda13
They’re sucking EM dry to hold Worth at current level. At what level will they open up Bridgeport to replenish EM? Eagle currently at -2.24 and dropping.

How does the water level at EM affect bass fishing other than finding where they are relative to water levels?
Posted By: Eddie Haskell

Re: Eagle Mountain Lake! - 06/21/22 12:27 AM

At what level will they open up Bridgeport to replenish EM?

Today
Posted By: b00stin4

Re: Eagle Mountain Lake! - 06/22/22 02:38 AM

BP is already 3ft low
Posted By: buda13

Re: Eagle Mountain Lake! - 06/22/22 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by b00stin4

BP is already 3ft low

Worth has an agreement with Lockheed, they can’t allow the lake to get to -2.5 ft. If it holds true to form when Eagle gets a little lower they will begin draining Bridgeport regardless of how low it is. This is the first year I’ve seen it take 164 cfs from EM to hold Worth at the current level, in years past it would only take 84 cfs. Don’t know if it’s drought related, if Lockheed is using more water, or if it’s simply evaporation from the heat. They’ve only been releasing 14 cfs from Bridgeport and EM is dumping 164 cfs into Worth. Something will have to give soon if we don’t get some rain, in the end it’s Bridgeport that gets the short end of the stick.

How does the water level affect bass fishing? Probably doesn’t matter much f your an offshore or dock fisherman, but for guys who live in 6ft of water or less 2-3ft low is huge. Fish don’t seem to mind, 3 bags over 21 lbs last night in a 3 hour tournament with a big fish of just over 9.5 lbs. thumb
Posted By: hurtinee04

Re: Eagle Mountain Lake! - 06/22/22 11:45 AM

I heard there are fish in baskets everywhere. If you find the baskets they are full of 5 pound bass. Seems like an easy lake to fish.
Posted By: C_Fisher

Re: Eagle Mountain Lake! - 06/22/22 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by hurtinee04
I heard there are fish in baskets everywhere. If you find the baskets they are full of 5 pound bass. Seems like an easy lake to fish.

that's the winning pattern out there!
Posted By: b00stin4

Re: Eagle Mountain Lake! - 06/22/22 12:25 PM

Have any good waypoints for baskets?
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Eagle Mountain Lake! - 06/22/22 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by b00stin4

Have any good waypoints for baskets?

I gotta work on my livescope game, they should be easy to find.....

Re: Eagle Mountain Lake! - 06/25/22 03:35 AM

eeks
Posted By: Joel McBride

Re: Eagle Mountain Lake! - 06/25/22 04:04 AM

So what happened. I've heard a little about this and I've heard a little about overs on Fork not being overs.

Anyone cheating should be banned from fishing any tournament trail period. Without exception.

Basschamps on Travis won with a little over 14lbs so I would believe there is no shenanigans going on there.

I know alot of the top teams in TTO and Champs and I absolutely believe there is nothing going on except honest people trying their best to get the best sack they can catch.

I would like to hear more information about what happened on EM.

Re: Eagle Mountain Lake! - 06/25/22 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Joel McBride
So what happened. I've heard a little about this and I've heard a little about overs on Fork not being overs.

Anyone cheating should be banned from fishing any tournament trail period. Without exception.

Basschamps on Travis won with a little over 14lbs so I would believe there is no shenanigans going on there.

I know alot of the top teams in TTO and Champs and I absolutely believe there is nothing going on except honest people trying their best to get the best sack they can catch.

I would like to hear more information about what happened on EM.

Heard the eagle mountain deal was a high schooler or maybe 2 may have been up to no good.

I have no idea about Fork. I fished Media for a number of years in the past and never saw an over not measured. That is odd at the least.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum