Posted By: champRD

Skeeter owners tournament - 06/11/22 12:03 AM

Any results from today?
Posted By: Peepaw on Fork

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/11/22 12:10 AM

Thought it starts tomorrow
Posted By: Monte Coon

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/11/22 01:01 AM

That's correct today was a practice day and registration I wish I didn't have to work!@#$!!
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/11/22 01:37 AM

I just got back from registration. Y'all ready ta' do this?
I probably won't sleep a wink. I'll be changing fishing strategies a 100 times tonight and then probably wind up doing something I haven't even thought about.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/11/22 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)
I just got back from registration. Y'all ready ta' do this?
I probably won't sleep a wink. I'll be changing fishing strategies a 100 times tonight and then probably wind up doing something I haven't even thought about.

Good luck!!
Posted By: ssfireman

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/11/22 02:37 AM

Good luck and be safe... what was lake temp at fork ?
Posted By: 361V

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/11/22 02:48 AM

It’ll be a hot 🔥one!
Posted By: Medinalakeguy

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/11/22 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by ssfireman
Good luck and be safe... what was lake temp at fork ?

Saw 82 earlier
Posted By: KYBluefan

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/11/22 09:55 AM

Didn't sleep much at all. Good luck to all.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/11/22 10:26 AM

Y’all have fun and win a boat!
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/11/22 12:13 PM

Any idea on entrees?
I’m thinking with the booming economy it should be a record setting year.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/11/22 01:03 PM

I believe entree of choice is BBQ. Good luck to everyone….remember to hydrate, hydrate!

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/11/22 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Okie Poke
I believe entree of choice is BBQ. Good luck to everyone….remember to hydrate, hydrate!

Damn it. frkazoid
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/11/22 03:40 PM

[quote=bloo_rainger]Any idea on entrees?
I’m thinking with the booming economy it should be a record setting year. [/

With the high temps entrees could be fried or boiled fish. Good luck.
Posted By: Kodyjoe

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/11/22 05:06 PM

They said 1800 entries on the radio. Also bringing in a few slot fish. SMH.

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/11/22 05:08 PM

big tickets
Posted By: RATZ

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/11/22 06:44 PM

y'all be safe out there

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/11/22 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by bloo_rainger

Damn it. frkazoid

This, food, and electrolyltes in this kind of weather. I gave it up about 1:30. Just got to hot and cooked out.
Also there is someone I passed; we were both heading southe towards the dam and south of the high line, that has extreme lower unit failure. The boat is either a green and silver or blue and silver skeeter wearing a SHO and I could smell the real strong aroma of gear oil when I got behind you. Major leak somewhere.
Posted By: Bowtech32

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/12/22 02:54 AM

The bite was good till about 10am, then it shut off. We caught 9 this morning, just not the right fish, my son caught one 16 1/8” little over 3 pounds, those are tough. He did weigh in 1 just under 2 pounds just to through the experience, I tossed mine back that was the same size, and we caught several slot fish.
Posted By: KB1953

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/12/22 03:22 AM

11.00 leading, 2.97 under, fish were biting, found a Duck!

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/12/22 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by KB1953

11 lb fish on the board,
100 plus degrees.
I’m sleeping in if I caught that fish.

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/12/22 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by KB1953

11 lb fish on the board,
100 plus degrees.
I’m sleeping in if I caught that fish.

I made it a one day affair, if I based my experience on just the tournament alone, I'd probably not fish it again; first one, but with all the incentives I will be hard pressed not to sign up again next year. The traffic and the heat make it really tough, though the first half yesterday was actually quite comfortable, it's when the sun decided to go full on and the clouds went away. It was some tough fishing due to the traffic but I expected that, the only bites I had came on 10 inch worms. I had basically swim off bites and set the hook only to get about half a worm back.
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/12/22 06:32 PM

I couldn't believe the number of big slots (5) and the overall number of slots. Doesn't anyone read the rules? By big I mean 8 LB plus.

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/12/22 07:29 PM

did they get tickets? should have
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/12/22 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce Allen
I couldn't believe the number of big slots (5) and the overall number of slots. Doesn't anyone read the rules? By big I mean 8 LB plus.

Do they have a side pot for biggest slot brought in ?
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/12/22 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas J
Originally Posted by Bruce Allen

Do they have a side pot for biggest slot brought in ?

I'm sure the game wardens have something going on. Whether it's for size or an Over/Under for the quantity...

Yesterday was good for me on numbers of fish. Caught a dozen or so, 3-4 slots, the rest unders. Just not the right ones, had one that just touched the outside edge of the 16" line. Not even 1/8" this was a heart breaker...

Today I was going to do something different, stayed deep in the morning (2946 bridge), then explored a new area that I hadn't fished before. Pulled a nice under off a tree in about 12 foot - 2.59, probably chose the wrong hour to weigh it in, but ended up in 5th place for the 10 o'clock hour, keeping my streak of getting at least something out of these big-bass events since my oh so close second biggest overall in last year's Skeeter Owners.
Posted By: SRitchey

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/13/22 12:11 AM

Any idea on entrees?

Roger that!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Brandon Potter

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/13/22 01:12 AM

Caught a 7, 6, couple 5’s. Got bumped with a 2.13. Found a duck!! Had fun, spent a small fortune in gas for the boat bang

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/13/22 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by Brandon Potter
Caught a 7, 6, couple 5’s. Got bumped with a 2.13. Found a duck!! Had fun, spent a small fortune in gas for the boat bang

What'd you get with your duck? I've always wondered how good the prizes were, one year I thought I heard one was a Power-Pole, but that's it. I also always wondered when they put them out there. Did you find it on Saturday or today?
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/13/22 01:56 PM

Do they still give away trucks, 4-wheelers, and campers and such? Or just cash for hourly winners? I sure miss fishing this event but not for sure that I could've handled the heat.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/13/22 02:46 PM

Game Warden had his ticket book!
Posted By: Ken Starling

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/13/22 05:09 PM

Overall above the slot is a FXR 20 rigged out, largest under is a Yamaha Side by Side then cash for all the places per hour
Do they still give away trucks, 4-wheelers, and campers and such? Or just cash for hourly winners? I sure miss fishing this event but not for sure that I could've handled the heat.
Posted By: KB1953

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/13/22 05:30 PM

Big shout out to Skeeter Boats and sponsors for having this event every year and giving back to their owners!
Posted By: Brandon Potter

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/13/22 06:44 PM

Helix 7, had a couple other small things in the bag. Couple stainless mugs, trolling motor lock. I saw on FB another person found one and won a Helix 12
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/13/22 06:51 PM

Any idea on entrees?

They had 1900 entries in 2021 and 1800 entries this year per Bass Champs.
Posted By: T54

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/13/22 06:58 PM

Enjoyed working the event and seeing industry friends. The heat was pretty dang bad, so we packed up shop Saturday evening. Thanks to everyone who stopped by and chatted with us and bought baits/shirts. Great job to Skeeter and Bass Champs. Incredibly well run event.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/13/22 07:00 PM

The best thing about this Tourney every year is I get a new pair of shoes, so I can turn around and run as fast as I can to get away from Fork.

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/13/22 07:42 PM

I’m surprised how high it was this year with the high gas prices
My predict was about 1500[img]http://[/img]
Anyone know the dates for 2023?
Posted By: scottsoutdoorworld

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/13/22 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by forkduc
I’m surprised how high it was this year with the high gas prices
My predict was about 1500[img]http://[/img]
Anyone know the dates for 2023?

looks like june 10th and 11th
Posted By: KYBluefan

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/14/22 02:10 AM

First time attending this for us. We were on front row during the raffle drawings and were the ones that said it was an awful day only because we had 3 get off that day.

My son had a monster hit his popper right at the boat with maybe 3 foot of line out and threw it out before I could get the net. Had one hit my popper right when I turned my head to look at something and spit it out 2 seconds afterwards.
Then I had one smash a chatterbait that I was trying to reel in and it jumped and flung it out after about 10 seconds.

Thanks Skeeter for putting this on. We are planning on doing it again next year.
Posted By: justin45

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/14/22 03:09 AM

Must have been pretty good if the tourney was 5 times bigger than a H.S. tourney and haven't heard anyone crying yet.
Posted By: T-Slab

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/14/22 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by justin45
Must have been pretty good if the tourney was 5 times bigger than a H.S. tourney and haven't heard anyone crying yet.

No doubt about that!!

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/14/22 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by T-Slab

No doubt about that!!

There is one person that is complaining on the Skeeter Owners FaceBook page...
Posted By: ssmith

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/14/22 01:17 PM

there will always be at least one no matter what.

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/14/22 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by David Burton
Originally Posted by T-Slab

No doubt about that!!

There is one person that is complaining on the Skeeter Owners FaceBook page...

I saw a couple complaining, but I was good with it, it was crowded far beyond anything I'd ever fished and that wasn't to pleasant but overall I enjoyed it, Ill definitley be back. It got me thinking about how I was going to bring my bug up to date on electronics and trolling motor. Seriously thnking about selling my bug this fall/winter and up grading to a ZXR with everything on it, probably used after talking to the folks at Diamond Sports this morning.

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/15/22 02:50 AM

The one that caught my attention was the one complaining about someone fishing in the boat lane, because the lake was low... I don't know where he was talking about, but there are some community holes on or near the boat lanes, and you have to decide well ahead of time if you are going to blow through or slow down...

Another complaint was that someone told them they couldn't fish in a spot because it was in a "Guide lane" (the one outside of Lake Fork Marina)...

One of these two complainers called everyone that attended rude, and I believe used the phrase, "Worse than High-School Bass Fishing."

I will say this year was not bad at all, as I was fishing in a less populated area. I didn't try and join the community holes much, so I was just doing my thing. No one was cut-off around me and if we were headed towards each other, we both either peeled off or asked which way we should continue. I didn't have anyone come in and try and fish on top of the fish I was casting to like a few years ago.
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/15/22 04:03 AM

I had a blast this year. Best one yet even with the water low. I fished alone for the first 2 hours…. Of course when everyone started running around we ran into boats. Everyone was nice and we fished together peacefully. You can’t come to to these things with the same mindset as a regular tournament. You’ll be highly disappointed. Yes I’ve been out there a few years where I have ran into some jerks but you can’t let them get under your skin so bad you don’t enjoy yourself.

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/15/22 03:04 PM

Thanks

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/15/22 03:06 PM

Probably in front of the public hump,where we were.
Posted By: REick

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/15/22 03:57 PM

We had a blast this year. First time in 4 years that we were able to weigh a fish which was a cool experience My dad caught a 2.19 at 11:29 and we hauled to get to the last weigh in hour on Sunday! I also caught my PB a 6lb 6oz! Didn't even care that it was a slot lol. I was so excited! Everyone we fished around were awesome and never had any issues with getting into or out of spots even with so many people around. I think common courtesy was on display and everyone knew it was going to be tight! Already excited to be back there again next year!
Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/15/22 05:00 PM

It was a great experience as usual. I have never really run into anyone rude or pissed off in one of these things. Saturday morning was pretty cool. Us and another boat started in fairly close proximity on a point. We watched this other boat catch I don't know how many 4-8 pound fish. They had a few that I think were really close to overs. It was pretty awesome to watch. We had a some solid sloth fish as well and a few unders that didn't end up doing any good. Will be back next year.
Posted By: Bowtech32

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/15/22 08:28 PM

Most everyone I saw was very respectful, only had 1 JA. I was clearly tied up to a stump, keep in mind I was in pretty thick stump field. He drove his boat with his main engine on within casting range, did a couple passes scanning for about 10 minutes and then left. He did this 2 days in a row, Friday and Saturday

Re: Skeeter owners tournament - 06/17/22 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by cephusjoe
I had a blast this year. Best one yet even with the water low. I fished alone for the first 2 hours…. Of course when everyone started running around we ran into boats. Everyone was nice and we fished together peacefully. You can’t come to to these things with the same mindset as a regular tournament. You’ll be highly disappointed. Yes I’ve been out there a few years where I have ran into some jerks but you can’t let them get under your skin so bad you don’t enjoy yourself.

Very true on the mind set. If you come to this thinking you are going to fish in a normal manner you might as well stay at the house. This was my first one but I have been on Fork when the Big Bass Splash was going on and I wasn't fishing it, just showed up without relizing what weekend it was. I don't think it was quite as bad but it was still pretty crowded.
I fished a spot in a cove at The Links golf course and pretty much had it to myself most of the morning. The entire point was loaded with boats when I left to go to another spot but still everyone was courteous.
The only real worry I had was getting into the boat lanes and running; really found myself doing more evasive driving than I anticipated. Nearly ran over a marker bouy at one point because of on coming traffic and someone passing me. Most folks were running pretty tight to the bouys for safety reasons; me to, but it created some close running as well. Like I said in an earler post, I'll be back and entered early. Thanks for doing this Skeeter!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum