Texas Fishing Forum

Mister Twister and Skeeter Owners!

Posted By: Sinkey

Mister Twister and Skeeter Owners! - 06/08/22 02:49 PM

Wanted to give you guys a little insight on big fish right now on Lake Fork. Mister Twister has 3 big worms out that are absolutely destroying them on Fork right now. I'm going to go more in depth on 2 of them. The 12" Buzz worm. And 8" buzz worm (not out yet, but in stores any day)
As some of you remember, Clent Davis won the FLW Cup on the 12" Buzz worm. Its a big worm that attracts big bites. Now Mister Twister has come out with its little brother. The 8" Buzz worm.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Not sure of the numbers the last 2 times out with this worm, but here's some of the damage this worm has done.......All money winners for Skeeter, with one DD that could win you the whole thing!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

With the 8" worm not out yet, I wanted to share a little secret that will still get you bit about the same. You can buy the 12" buzz worm (Lake Fork Marina or Minnow Bucket) and tear the end off just above the knot, or belly. This makes the 12" worm about 8" in length and with trigger the same bites. We've had to do this when we ran out of prototypes! Here's a pic of the 12" worm on the top, and what it looks like torn on a shakey head.....

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

As far as fishing goes, we are now throwing this on a 3/4 oz. Santone Titan shakey head or you can even go down to the 1/4 oz. piglet. Both work. You just have better feel with the Titan. We are fishing anywhere from 15 to 25' of water on the typical humps, road beds, and point ends. We are graphing some of these fish, but some have been in some areas that are hard to graph, you just have to fish them. If you don't get bit in about 20 mins. leave and go to the next spot. I know Skeeter can sometimes be hard to run around, with the huge number of boats. If you do get bit, and catch fish or two, my advice is to milk it for a while. Alot of the fish are moving in an out, and will go times not eating, then all of a sudden fire up.

Good luck to you guys fishing Skeeter and stay safe. Main boat lanes are still good to run all around the lake. But still take precautions.

Posted By: KB1953

Re: Mister Twister and Skeeter Owners! - 06/08/22 07:55 PM

Toads!!! Thanks for sharing and good luck to you as well.
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: Mister Twister and Skeeter Owners! - 06/08/22 08:10 PM

thumb

Re: Mister Twister and Skeeter Owners! - 06/08/22 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by KB1953
Toads!!! Thanks for sharing and good luck to you as well.

Thanks bud. But we aren’t fishing it. Just passing along a little info to help someone else.
Posted By: Rube G.

Re: Mister Twister and Skeeter Owners! - 06/08/22 10:50 PM

Fishermans 1 stop has a 7.5 speed/vibe tail worm very similar to the Mr Twister.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Mister Twister and Skeeter Owners! - 06/08/22 10:57 PM

Looks like a Zoom worm.
Ultravibe. Half the price and I know the fish can’t tell the cost. Thanks for the tips.

Re: Mister Twister and Skeeter Owners! - 06/08/22 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Looks like a Zoom worm.
Ultravibe. Half the price and I know the fish can’t tell the cost. Thanks for the tips.

Your right. I think MT is about $.75 cheaper than Zoom which is hard to believe. The Hang 10 and Zoom ole Monster are very similar. As far as the cutter tail worms go. I think Zooms is a little more like a senko type body instead of a worm.
We threw this next to a magnum trick worm before the Elites were there. And both caught them pretty good. Lately the 8” cutter tail has been doing a little better. Maybe because of the water movement of the tail. Not sure. But I know both have these companies have been around along time and both make some great soft plastics.
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Mister Twister and Skeeter Owners! - 06/09/22 10:52 AM

Good on you Chris! Looks like you been whacking em!! Getting new lithiums in the boat this weekend (hopefully). I need to get down there soon!
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Mister Twister and Skeeter Owners! - 06/09/22 11:17 AM

Nice report Sinkey. Thanks for the info.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Mister Twister and Skeeter Owners! - 06/09/22 03:32 PM

This fish are much better looking with your wife holding them. JS!
Posted By: Slide_R

Re: Mister Twister and Skeeter Owners! - 06/09/22 07:54 PM

I like the look of the old fliptail bubble segments.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum