Texas Fishing Forum

Old lure

Posted By: spacejunkie

Old lure - 05/28/22 07:21 PM

Was gifted to me. Any clue what it’s name and value is? May frame it with some others in a shadow box to display. [Linked Image]
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Old lure - 05/28/22 09:24 PM

I think it's an old Southbend prop bait. Wooden for sure.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/294845106850771324/
Posted By: meP2too

Re: Old lure - 05/28/22 09:26 PM

I had a Bagleys topwater that had a similar shape, late 70’s. Cannot remember the name. You might scout out eBay for vintage topwater baits.

The value will be diminished based on condition.
Posted By: Clint H.

Re: Old lure - 05/28/22 11:59 PM

I’ve got my Grandfathers old tackle box with some like that I’d be interested to know what they are as well. [Linked Image]
Posted By: JimBridger

Re: Old lure - 05/29/22 01:00 AM

I think it’s a Southbend Oreno.
Posted By: wh2004

Re: Old lure - 05/29/22 01:02 AM

Sometimes I look at old lures and think how the hell did anyone catch fish with them. Lol
Posted By: crankbait745

Re: Old lure - 05/29/22 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Clint H.
I’ve got my Grandfathers old tackle box with some like that I’d be interested to know what they are as well. [Linked Image]

My grandpa caught a ton of bass with the black and white topwater in this pic and I cleaned a ton of crappie with the same knife. Brings back memories thanks for posting that pocture.
Posted By: TR176

Re: Old lure - 05/29/22 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by crankbait745

My grandpa caught a ton of bass with the black and white topwater in this pic and I cleaned a ton of crappie with the same knife. Brings back memories thanks for posting that pocture.

That is a lucky 13. There is a River runt and a lazy Ike in there too.
Posted By: Clint H.

Re: Old lure - 05/29/22 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by TR176
Originally Posted by crankbait745

That is a lucky 13. There is a River runt and a lazy Ike in there too.

How old are some of those? He was born in 1927 not sure how far back some of those were made
Posted By: deucer02

Re: Old lure - 05/30/22 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by wh2004
Sometimes I look at old lures and think how the hell did anyone catch fish with them. Lol

Go pick up a Hula Popper, Lucky 13, or Jitterbug, learn how to use them, and you might be surprised!
Posted By: cajuncountryman

Re: Old lure - 06/01/22 11:56 AM

There are also a couple of Smithwick Devil's horse & a Paw-Paw topwater- maybe an underwater Paw-Paw also. You'd be surpised how well they worked . Thanks for posting that tackle box.
Posted By: mossyback75

Re: Old lure - 06/01/22 08:35 PM

That's a Boober Belly Globber Slosher. True lunker magnet
Posted By: popcork

Re: Old lure - 06/02/22 01:12 PM

Don't throw away those boxes they are valuable too.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum