Texas Fishing Forum

Bass Champs on Tawakoni

Posted By: Razorback

Bass Champs on Tawakoni - 05/27/22 08:48 PM

This is our first year fishing all the Bass Champs tournaments. We fished Tawakoni last year but it was a trailering event. We didn't have enough weight to come to weigh-in so we never came to the official ramp.

We drove into West Tawakoni Park last year whole prefishing, but the only ramp we saw was a one lane ramp with a muddy parking lot. Is there a bigger ramp suitable for launching 200 boats, and if so where is it from the park entrance?
Posted By: ZX 250

Re: Bass Champs on Tawakoni - 05/27/22 10:12 PM

I believe that is the only ramp at the official site to my knowledge! It has been a trailing event ever since they quit going out of holiday years ago . There is a ramp on the two mile bridge on the west side right before you get to the bridge! Hope this helps good luck next weekend!
Posted By: Ken Starling

Re: Bass Champs on Tawakoni - 05/27/22 10:47 PM

I would put in at the West end of the 2 mile and drive by boat to take off. It is just around the corner
Posted By: COKEMAN

Re: Bass Champs on Tawakoni - 05/28/22 02:11 PM

Why did they quit going out of the State Park? It's been a couple of years (at least) since I fished Basschamps, so I am out of that loop. i have my suspicions though
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Bass Champs on Tawakoni - 05/28/22 04:57 PM

They went out of Sky Point one year after Holiday closed, but yeah, it's been a trailering event. I expect next year they'll be going out of the new SRA facility (old Holiday).
Posted By: Ken Starling

Re: Bass Champs on Tawakoni - 05/28/22 05:43 PM

The lady that ran the state park (or worked there) was writing tickets to people not parked on paving is what I always heard
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum