Texas Fishing Forum

God’s blessing for an off-limits at ivie Friday.

Posted By: Robert Hunter

God’s blessing for an off-limits at ivie Friday. - 05/16/22 09:19 PM

If you were out there and you were not sank and washed ashore when that hit I don’t know what to tell you. everybody at Elm Creek was helping lift boats off the water and back in the lake! I heard Concho got it way worse with hail! So videos it looks like snow on the bar ditch. First trip with my buddies new boat first time we got the fish in three years was almost bedridden got a special back surgery finally got a new boat and we sank it. On a plus note the fishing was fantastic right before that downburst hit. Big five should’ve been 45 pounds if I wouldn’t broke up Fish at the boat. Saturday morning took a picture with my guardian angel over me in the sun pretty spectacular picture after living through it. [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: God’s blessing for an off-limits at ivie Friday. - 05/16/22 09:22 PM

Really glad I didn’t have my GoPro turned on to post a video of the actual occurrence still a little shook up! I hope the people at Concho are OK as well we did not hear about who was out over there. But the first good fish I caught the next morning reassured faith because my guardian angel was behind me! [Linked Image] hi float some of the most remote rivers in the lower 48 fly fishing for trout I’ve been in some rough stuff. That was the worst I’ve ever experienced I’ve been on 3540 mile an hour winds on falcon and still fished This was definitely called run a ground so we don’t sink in deep water! Hope everybody was safe
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: God’s blessing for an off-limits at ivie Friday. - 05/16/22 11:34 PM

Glad you guys made it in alive. There are more boats than you know on the bottm of Ivie. My buddy and his wife sank theirs and it was never found. He payed divers for two days to search. She went down in the river channel.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: God’s blessing for an off-limits at ivie Friday. - 05/17/22 03:15 PM

Man that is crazy. There is no where to hide out in West Texas.
Posted By: Hook'Em 79

Re: God’s blessing for an off-limits at ivie Friday. - 05/17/22 05:38 PM

Not trying to be a jerk but having a hard time following your story.

You sank the boat completely?
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: God’s blessing for an off-limits at ivie Friday. - 05/17/22 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by 4Weight

Plenty of places to hide out on that lake no matter the wind direction, its not like you're stuck in the middle and it's 20 miles to shore, the lake isnt that big. Key is knowing your boats limitations and not trying to exceed them.
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: God’s blessing for an off-limits at ivie Friday. - 05/17/22 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111
Originally Posted by 4Weight

Plenty of places to hide out on that lake no matter the wind direction, its not like you're stuck in the middle and it's 20 miles to shore, the lake isnt that big. Key is knowing your boats limitations and not trying to exceed them.

this and those crazy pop up storms can be a nightmare even here on the lakes in DFW

Re: God’s blessing for an off-limits at ivie Friday. - 05/17/22 07:12 PM

Oh we definitely knew the boats limitations which were not what we had available. We just turned the boat straight to land so we knew we couldn’t get sunk in 40 foot of water and yes the boat was full to the top at one time! Driving back to the ramp was the only time the big motor started again but by gosh it got us there. The motor was completely underwater at one point.All five of the boats that were out we were sitting there still draining it seem like it took 15 minutes for the boats to drain out if not more. Flat as glass to flat as glass 30 minutes. Fishing was fantastic trip was terrible he had a blowout in Comanche on the way down but the fishing was great nonetheless. And we did it with no transducer graph or gas motor the rest of the trip and still caught fish
Posted By: JoeDouble

Re: God’s blessing for an off-limits at ivie Friday. - 05/17/22 08:27 PM

Glad you guys are all right She can be a beast Nice fish
Posted By: OzzieFish

Re: God’s blessing for an off-limits at ivie Friday. - 05/17/22 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Hook'em79

1+ I have no idea what's happened other then his Nitro is full of water...
Posted By: Boog

Re: God’s blessing for an off-limits at ivie Friday. - 05/17/22 10:26 PM

Glad everyone was ok.......still at a loss to what happened
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: God’s blessing for an off-limits at ivie Friday. - 05/17/22 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by OzzieFish
Originally Posted by Hook'em79

1+ I have no idea what's happened other then his Nitro is full of water...

LOL

Glad they made it home safely... I think... hmmm
Posted By: Barrett

Re: God’s blessing for an off-limits at ivie Friday. - 05/18/22 01:02 AM

Wind is no joke this year. I put someone in a body bag last week on Roberts due to her getting in big water.
Posted By: skeeterboud

Re: God’s blessing for an off-limits at ivie Friday. - 05/18/22 01:07 AM

we were cooking out @ concho, and i walked towards the ramp for better cell service and saw the wind coming, as it was lifting water off the lake. ran back and told the crew to pack up but it hit in the next minute. our boats had inches of hail on the floor, my truck bed had about 8 inches in the windy corner... so....i just sat my lone star reds on the boat the rest of the evening and never messed w/a cooler lid!!

Re: God’s blessing for an off-limits at ivie Friday. - 05/18/22 01:17 AM

Hey still little shook up composing this the first time. When it first hit sitting in the seat waves came over the boat neck high filling it immediately. Was scary but made it floated the half full boat back to the ramp. Everyone that was involved was absolutely amazing three boats were washed up right at the ramp everybody helped lift them up and get them back in the water very minimal damage and no injuries other than minor! We all ended up having some cold burgers and hotdogs that their family and had ready for them before all this happened and enjoyed that retelling the story at the pavilion. Definitely caught some great fish as well
Posted By: Darin S.

Re: God’s blessing for an off-limits at ivie Friday. - 05/18/22 01:48 AM

hmmm

Re: God’s blessing for an off-limits at ivie Friday. - 05/18/22 02:01 AM

When the time came we maintained composure great! That’s really all that matters and everybody is alive and safe. Efficient hung over 100 days a year and I’ve been caught in crazy stuff before. This is definitely one of the wildest. I’ll be back out this weekend!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: God’s blessing for an off-limits at ivie Friday. - 05/18/22 03:41 AM

Glad you made it out OK. Also nice fish. cheers
Posted By: buda13

Re: God’s blessing for an off-limits at ivie Friday. - 05/18/22 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Barrett
Wind is no joke this year. I put someone in a body bag last week on Roberts due to her getting in big water.

Was that the kayaker? Chris said they had the ramp blocked off last week at Jordan for several hours due to a fatality.
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: God’s blessing for an off-limits at ivie Friday. - 05/18/22 03:58 PM

Guys, this thread really highlights the hidden dangers of bass fishing. Long term CTE issues from getting hit in the head with 7 foot waves!
Posted By: WAWI

Re: God’s blessing for an off-limits at ivie Friday. - 05/19/22 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by leethefishking
Guys, this thread really highlights the hidden dangers of bass fishing. Long term CTE issues from getting hit in the head with 7 foot waves!

roflmao
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: God’s blessing for an off-limits at ivie Friday. - 05/19/22 09:01 PM

I understand the whole story.....and that frightens the [censored] out of me
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: God’s blessing for an off-limits at ivie Friday. - 05/19/22 09:03 PM

also, for you Nitro haters....that is a late 90's 17 or 18 foot nitro he was in.....so, wow!
Posted By: Basskicker907

Re: God’s blessing for an off-limits at ivie Friday. - 05/20/22 02:53 AM

If I had a dollar for everytime I was only 5 bites away from a 45lb bag.

Re: God’s blessing for an off-limits at ivie Friday. - 05/25/22 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by leethefishking

Kinda why I haven’t posted in the bass section for years🤦‍♂️. Most of the people on here for a long time we have all been caught by surprise on the water at one point. We are chasing the fish we love and have passion for. Hope we all make it safe next time it will happen again. January tournaments freezing rain in a front when no one should be on the lake bring it on! Pack into remote areas for world class fishing casting to fish that have never seen a person(or a fly). Hope the fish king can enjoy fair weather fishing. Sometimes the worst of weather is the best bite I’m sure it will happen again. I just hope it helps us all remember when it does stay composed and think smart.
Posted By: reelswift

Re: God’s blessing for an off-limits at ivie Friday. - 05/25/22 11:26 AM

Looks like yall stuck some pigs with some challenging weather related conditions. Awesome definitely got some adrenaline pumping.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum