Texas Fishing Forum

Sam Rayburn

Posted By: billynjuls

Sam Rayburn - 05/12/22 06:20 PM

Hello everyone. I'm heading to Sam Rayburn on a 3 day fishing trip by myself. I've never been before so if anyone has anyine suggestions I would really appreciate it.
From the latest tournament results I've seen, throwing a 10" worm and a crankbait in brush piles. I have no idea where the brushpiles are or what area I should start. Anything would help. Thank you.

Billy
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Sam Rayburn - 05/12/22 06:28 PM

Just start side imaging off points in 15-25ft you'll find em. Rayburn has thousands
Posted By: billynjuls

Re: Sam Rayburn - 05/13/22 12:52 AM

Thanks.
Posted By: BigTxBassMan

Re: Sam Rayburn - 05/13/22 11:32 AM

There has been a really good shad spawn bite recently from about 0600-0700. Go to wind-blown secondary points and just move around until you find them. You'll get immediate results when you find them. Our best bait has been a small gizzard shad pattern squarebill. And your favorite popper when they're hitting on top. Typically nothing over 3lbs but a lot of fun. It is every cast when you find them and there are usually some whites and yellow bass mixed in with them. A weightless Senko will catch a few when it starts slowing down. We've been catching 40-60 in a half-day. If you can find the right wind-blown point, they have been schooling during the day as well. Other than that, like Jared said, your best bet is brushpiles on main lake points.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum