Texas Fishing Forum

New SRA boat ramps on Fork

Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

New SRA boat ramps on Fork - 05/08/22 02:21 PM

I'm debating with myself the idea of fishing the Skeeter Owners Tournament for the first time and just wondered if the new ramp facility will be available to use by then????? I figure that will cut down on the time we have to wait to launch. That would be a good thing.
Posted By: Kodyjoe

Re: New SRA boat ramps on Fork - 05/08/22 03:18 PM

Not unless the lake comes up.a bunch. Lance Vick has a drone video showing the cove and ramps. Looks like they still have half of the cove blocked off
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: New SRA boat ramps on Fork - 05/08/22 03:29 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJAofGqhryQ
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: New SRA boat ramps on Fork - 05/08/22 05:10 PM

A guy could make a mountain of cash selling whale tails at the skeeter owners
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: New SRA boat ramps on Fork - 05/08/22 08:06 PM

supposed to be ready by the beginning of 2023
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: New SRA boat ramps on Fork - 05/08/22 08:07 PM

I looked at some of the other video's and one of my best spots is non fishable. Going later this year and hope it comes up by then.
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: New SRA boat ramps on Fork - 05/08/22 08:56 PM

I saw the video earlier this week and it looks like the water is up on the ramps. I just wondered if the water was deep enough for them to open it, I guess not. How many ramps are actually functional? Anybody know?
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: New SRA boat ramps on Fork - 05/08/22 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)
I saw the video earlier this week and it looks like the water is up on the ramps. I just wondered if the water was deep enough for them to open it, I guess not. How many ramps are actually functional? Anybody know?

I heard a guy promoting the legends tourney at fork yesterday on the radio fishing show and he said the lake had come up and many ramps are now usable and to come on out for his tournament.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum