Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Leon info?

Posted By: Overworked2020

Lake Leon info? - 05/05/22 11:06 PM

Going to look at deer lease in Cisco next week for a few days. Saw Lake Leon near by. Never been there but thinking about towing the boat. Anyone got any info on it? Probably mostly post spawn. Any brushpiles? The dock fishing any good?
Posted By: Jaguar6

Re: Lake Leon info? - 05/06/22 02:37 AM

Used to fish it a lot when I was in school in Abilene. The south said til mid lake was better for me. The north side if full of trees and there is a boat lane but I nailed a stump in the middle of it so I don’t trust it. South side is clean and can run pretty much anywhere, just be weary of points. South side is clearer, north side is more stained, probably muddy right now depending on the rain they got.

Did really good on chatterbaits/squarebills and then t-rig senkos and jigs. Any kind of rock bank or docks with brush held fish for me. You can c-rig rocky points as well. There are some bigggg fish in that lake if you can find them.
Posted By: bo tbo

Re: Lake Leon info? - 05/06/22 12:53 PM

Leon is a good lake. The lake is a little low right now. I prefer to stay on the upper end more and fish the cattails and pads. Don't overlook Lake Cisco, there have been some big ones pulled out of there.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Lake Leon info? - 05/06/22 05:16 PM

Clear water throw a motor oil red flake power worm, muddy water throw a motor oil june bug power worm. Small swim bait with underspin early can be good as well. In the colder water times of the year, you can get your arm tore off throwing a Alabama rig. It's also one of the best dock shooting lakes for crappie. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Overworked2020

Re: Lake Leon info? - 05/06/22 05:33 PM

Nice. Thanks for the tips
Posted By: Jaguar6

Re: Lake Leon info? - 05/07/22 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by bo tbo
Leon is a good lake. The lake is a little low right now. I prefer to stay on the upper end more and fish the cattails and pads. Don't overlook Lake Cisco, there have been some big ones pulled out of there.
This^^ Cisco is a sleeper. Especially this time of year
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum