Texas Fishing Forum

Battery question

Posted By: tailboard

Battery question - 05/05/22 05:30 PM

Will a 31 blue top optima run 4 graphs, live scope, livewells, and power poles from daylight to dark?
Posted By: Bruce's

Re: Battery question - 05/05/22 05:33 PM

just adding up the least amount of amps draw. [probaly not, but i dont know your graph size
Posted By: Amberlamps

Re: Battery question - 05/05/22 05:43 PM

no way
Posted By: prosise

Re: Battery question - 05/05/22 05:48 PM

You need to do a battery calculation. Put all the current draws together and then it will tell you how long the battery will last. Livescope is a Current hound. Probably will not last the whole day. But if I was a betting man, you wouldn't last the whole day with everything on. With a 125AH lithium prob, but not the blue top.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Battery question - 05/05/22 07:18 PM

get one of these and you should be good if you just run graphs, livescope off of it.

https://drewcraft.com/product/30ah-12v-ionic-lithium-battery/

if your battery will charge agm you are probably good to go, email drewcraft first. my minnkota precision charges my 3 ionics just fine.
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Battery question - 05/06/22 06:18 PM

I have a lithium 100ah dedicated for Livescope, 12" Garmin, 15" Solix, and 12" Solix - and the battery died the other day after about 12 hours. There is no way a 30ah is running your setup all day. I would go with a 125ah at minimum. And keep the livewells and power poles on your cranking battery, their draw is much less than the graphs and you will charge that battery while running anyways.
Posted By: prosise

Re: Battery question - 05/06/22 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Shallow Waters
I have a lithium 100ah dedicated for Livescope, 12" Garmin, 15" Solix, and 12" Solix - and the battery died the other day after about 12 hours. There is no way a 30ah is running your setup all day. I would go with a 125ah at minimum. And keep the livewells and power poles on your cranking battery, their draw is much less than the graphs and you will charge that battery while running anyways.

Agree.. I have a 100ah, and I only run one unit at a time. I will turn the others off, and if I do this I will get down to 65% in about 10 hours. A 30ah wouldn't be wise.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Battery question - 05/06/22 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Shallow Waters

Those Solix units suck up some juice compared to the Helix, like almost twice as much. I run 2 12" Helixs, a 10" Helix, and a Garmin 1222 with livescope with a 125a Ionic and have never gotten below 70%.
Posted By: Bweidler

Re: Battery question - 05/19/22 04:01 PM

I use the Impulse Cranking battery, runs all (5) 12" units, mega 360, livescope and all boat accessories. Its a beast. A buddy of mine is using their 16v battery and says its the bomb. I'd check them out

https://www.impulselithium.com/product/12v-120ah-platinum-series-lifepo4-cranking-battery-marine/
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum