Texas Fishing Forum

Caddo lake tips

Posted By: Clint H.

Caddo lake tips - 05/04/22 05:21 AM

Fishing Caddo next week for 3 days. First time and hope the lake ain’t choked out with salvenia. Any tips on better areas for may. back water lakes or main lake fishing? I’m hoping to put a spinner bait and a frog on deck and never use anything else. Any good places to take the ol lady for dinner and a drink ? Any input is appreciated
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Caddo lake tips - 05/04/22 01:46 PM

Seems I always do the best in the Shady Glade area. We always try and hit River Port BBQ when there.
Posted By: Buddy E

Re: Caddo lake tips - 05/04/22 02:07 PM

The area in front of Tucker’s is good most days and Old Folks is another favorite. Typically I just throw a fluke, but my time there is in March. Good luck and enjoy the views, best lake in Texas for views and fishing.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Caddo lake tips - 05/04/22 02:35 PM

Send Mudd a pm.
He usually has his finger on the pulse of Caddo.

Re: Caddo lake tips - 05/04/22 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Seems I always do the best in the Shady Glade area. We always try and hit River Port BBQ when there.

Nice that’s where I’m staying
Posted By: rkd

Re: Caddo lake tips - 05/04/22 10:08 PM

Do yourself a favor and take your wife to Jefferson for the afternoon or evening. And when there, take her to McGaritys Restaurant for drinks and food. It's a short drive from Caddo and cool little town. Restaurant is excellent. A tad expensive so be warned.
Posted By: jippedgenes

Re: Caddo lake tips - 05/04/22 11:56 PM

If you cannot get bit on the frog or the spinner bait toss a wacky rigged senko around the pads where ever a ditch intersects. Have had incredible days doing this.

Re: Caddo lake tips - 05/05/22 12:15 AM

Thanks for all the input guys! Anyone know of a boat lanes chip are the ditches on the texas side safe to run in pad ?
Posted By: 361V

Re: Caddo lake tips - 05/05/22 12:44 AM

Very easy to run. All boat lanes show up on my Navionics South chip. Never needed a map and the lanes are all visually marked on the lake. Stay in the lanes and follow the markers. The “arrow” on the poles tell you which side to stay on. Shoot up Government Ditch then up Big Cypress Bayou and tie up at Big Pines Lodge for some a beer and some good catfish. https://bigpineslodge.com/regular_menu.htm https://data.lca.gov/clidata.org/SpillMaps/boat_rd.pdf [Linked Image]

Re: Caddo lake tips - 05/05/22 01:47 AM

Ok I’ve got Navionics ! Man I can’t wait I hope I get some fishing in I’ll probably be in awe just idling around sight seeing.
Posted By: mudd

Re: Caddo lake tips - 05/05/22 03:01 AM

I replied to ur message but as far as fishing main lake Tuckers and Old Folks carry a block for ur troller. Lake is about 1.5ft lower then normal this time of year so main lake has been fishing horribly all year. I’ve been averaging 40-50 bites a trip where I suggested going
Posted By: bronco71

Re: Caddo lake tips - 05/05/22 04:14 AM

Beautiful interesting lake! I don't let my feet dangle over the side of the boat there...
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Caddo lake tips - 05/05/22 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Clint H.

Shady Glade has some pretty good burgers for lunch. Rooms are pretty good also (but it has been three years since I stayed there. Got my P.B. at Caddo. 10.68 on a Christmas tree colored B.P.S. 5" Sicko.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Caddo lake tips - 05/06/22 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by Allen Bass Fisher

Shady Glade has some pretty good burgers for lunch. Rooms are pretty good also (but it has been three years since I stayed there. Got my P.B. at Caddo. 10.68 on a Christmas tree colored B.P.S. 5" Sicko.

The Shady Glade is good for breakfast and lunch during peak season, but not dinner. Go to the Big Pines Lodge for dinner.

Re: Caddo lake tips - 05/06/22 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by Rayzor
Originally Posted by Allen Bass Fisher

The Shady Glade is good for breakfast and lunch during peak season, but not dinner. Go to the Big Pines Lodge for dinner.

Man I looked up big pine they don’t open till Friday. We are checking out Friday morning.I plan on fishing that morning. If it’s good I’ll fish all day and make it home late may swing in there for lunch.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum